"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Tx gunner
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Tx gunner »

Hi guys.

I'm new here. I'm also in the "waiting room". Submitted my docs on 7/17/15. Prints 7/20/15. Email confirmation docs received 7/17
Looking at this forum I see that the background check can go as far as 20 years.
When I was a kid I got into trouble or with the law. Like when I was 16. That was 16 years ago.
It was dismissed. Do you all think this may be a reason to be denied?

Hot Dawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hot Dawg »

You may have to supply them the court records but no reason to deny you depending on your record.

Tx gunner

Post by Tx gunner »

I was 16 and was told it gets sealed once I became 18 cause it was considered as a youthful offender..

Tx gunner

Post by Tx gunner »

Got off the phone this afternoon and the agent told me it was approved. They are waiting for it to be printed so hopefully 2 more weeks till I get the plastic :fire :patriot:

zach_

Post by zach_ »

Well, it has been a few months now with a CHL. I don't feel dressed without at least a pocket pistol.

I don't know how many of you plan to open carry. I am glad that we will have the right to do so. I like that I can be a little less concerned when wearing a belt holster under a shirt after the first of the year. As far as actually wearing a fully exposed holster/gun, I don't think I will partake full time. There are times that I will open carry. For me, it will seem like wearing my underwear on the outside of my pants. :biggrinjester:

I will vote as needed to keep open carry legal. Constitutional Carry might take some time in light of the antics of a few from OCTC.

revrsethecurse04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by revrsethecurse04 »

Anyone on a similar timeline as me:

Fingerprints Submitted: 8/8/15
Documentation Received: 8/10/15
Change of Status: Pending
Received CHL: Pending

gordonramsay

Post by gordonramsay »

Just submitted my renewal app last week. I clicked on "we'll try an use existing fingerprints/photo's on file" and paid. A the end it still printed me out a checklist saying telling me to send in my documents.

No application change currently. I can't call DPS and ask them if the application is screwed up...and they haven't responded to my email.

Grrrr...
NSSA/NSCA

Laxman5

Post by Laxman5 »

8-11-15 CHL application
8-13-15 fingerprints
8-15-15 CHL class, submitted docs
8-17-15 received confirmation email
8-18-15 Headed to Alaska for 2 weeks so I don't think about the wait.
9-3-15 Called in and they said it was approved and waiting to go to print.
9-4-15 SITE CHANGED TODAY!!! Time start stalking the mailman. Can't wait to join the club and do the Wally Walk.

9-5-15 Plastic ARRIVED!
Last edited by Laxman5 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raptorii

Re: "In the mail"

Post by Raptorii »

8-12-15 CHL application
8-14-15 fingerprints
9-4-15 SITE CHANGED TODAY!!! Please show up on Saturday. Monday is Labor Day holiday - no mail.

Raptorii

Re: "Waiting Room" CHL date

Post by Raptorii »

What is the date on your Texas CHL relative to the date the online status changed?

Laxman5

Re: "In the mail"

Post by Laxman5 »

Raptorii wrote:8-12-15 CHL application
8-14-15 fingerprints
9-4-15 SITE CHANGED TODAY!!! Please show up on Saturday. Monday is Labor Day holiday - no mail.
I'm hoping tomorrow too but doubt it. Nice lady at DPS told me they have to go to San Antonio to mail out because they changed mail services. So Austin to SA back to Austin for me. Weird!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 14

Re: "Waiting Room" CHL date

Post by Pawpaw »

Raptorii wrote:What is the date on your Texas CHL relative to the date the online status changed?
There are only two dates on a CHL. Your DOB and the date the license expires. They're both the same, except for the year.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Raptorii

Post by Raptorii »

Laxman5 wrote:
8-14-15 fingerprints
I'm hoping tomorrow too but doubt it. Nice lady at DPS told me they have to go to San Antonio to mail out because they changed mail services. So Austin to SA back to Austin for me. Weird!
Went to the range this afternoon and came back home - guess what was in the mail :woohoo Hope you received yours as well laxman5

Laxman5

Post by Laxman5 »

Raptorii wrote:
Laxman5 wrote:
8-14-15 fingerprints
Went to the range this afternoon and came back home - guess what was in the mail :woohoo Hope you received yours as well laxman5
Awesome. I did too. Was shocked! Glad we both finally joined the club.

chanceboatright

Post by chanceboatright »

submitted all documents as of 9/8/15
no status change just this when I log in to the web site to check status

"Choose Service

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.

Start Application
Select the application you would like to complete at this time

Apply for Instructor Certification (to teach LTC courses)"

anyone else get this as their "application status"??
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”