CAll TO ACTION

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

charliej47
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CAll TO ACTION

Post by charliej47 »

:lol:: When you knowingly break the rules, then you accept the consequences.

IF he is the type to stand his ground then he will and will move on!

teraph
Posts in topic: 6

Post by teraph »

Taypo,

I think you may be right about us just butting heads, and the way the Army seems to be going. It is rough going right now, but I think parts are getting better. Slowly and painfully though.
I wish I could take you up on that drink, but I am actually on my way to Gordon right now. Thank you anyways.

E. Marquez,
I did not realize that you retired. Thank you for the time you have given the Army. And you are right. If you willingly violated policy, then you should be willing to face the consequences. I know quite a few that are willing to do that. And have been there myself, a couple of times. I do wish the LtCDR the best of luck on whatever the Navy decides.
This We'll Defend

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Taypo »

teraph wrote:Taypo,

I think you may be right about us just butting heads, and the way the Army seems to be going. It is rough going right now, but I think parts are getting better. Slowly and painfully though.
I wish I could take you up on that drink, but I am actually on my way to Gordon right now. Thank you anyways.

E. Marquez,
I did not realize that you retired. Thank you for the time you have given the Army. And you are right. If you willingly violated policy, then you should be willing to face the consequences. I know quite a few that are willing to do that. And have been there myself, a couple of times. I do wish the LtCDR the best of luck on whatever the Navy decides.
Gordon, eh? You a signal guy? I spent a couple weeks out there back in the day. Nice place. Lots of AIT types running around.

teraph

Post by teraph »

Not quite. Ideally I tend to deal with what comes over the signals. In reality I turn wrenches, set up satellite dishes, pitch tents and just about everything but my job. Last AIT post I was at (Fort Sam) there were some ridiculous regulations about non AIT personnel not being allowed to correct AITers, even for flagrant uniform issues. I hope that is not the case at Gordon.
This We'll Defend

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

teraph wrote:Not quite. Ideally I tend to deal with what comes over the signals. In reality I turn wrenches, set up satellite dishes, pitch tents and just about everything but my job. Last AIT post I was at (Fort Sam) there were some ridiculous regulations about non AIT personnel not being allowed to correct AITers, even for flagrant uniform issues. I hope that is not the case at Gordon.
You and I may have background in common. I spent some time in Monterey and San Angelo to get started.

teraph

Post by teraph »

Taypo wrote:
teraph wrote:Not quite. Ideally I tend to deal with what comes over the signals. In reality I turn wrenches, set up satellite dishes, pitch tents and just about everything but my job. Last AIT post I was at (Fort Sam) there were some ridiculous regulations about non AIT personnel not being allowed to correct AITers, even for flagrant uniform issues. I hope that is not the case at Gordon.
You and I may have background in common. I spent some time in Monterey and San Angelo to get started.
I think we do. I went straight to San Angelo though. I have spent a lot of time working with people from Monterey, teaching each other about what we do. I love my job, when I get to work it.
This We'll Defend

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nightmare69 »

Only in America does the military have to call police to come protect them because they are not allowed to carry guns.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

teraph wrote:
Taypo wrote:
I think we do. I went straight to San Angelo though. I have spent a lot of time working with people from Monterey, teaching each other about what we do. I love my job, when I get to work it.
Gotcha. You guys always seemed to be squared away when I crossed paths with you. Good luck in Gordon!

teraph

Post by teraph »

Taypo wrote:
teraph wrote:
Taypo wrote:
Gotcha. You guys always seemed to be squared away when I crossed paths with you. Good luck in Gordon!

Thank you :tiphat:
This We'll Defend

Topic author
Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jim Beaux »

nightmare69 wrote:Only in America does the military have to call police to come protect them because they are not allowed to carry guns.
Ive read a few comments on this thread and some are essentially stating that "rules are rules" & if "you break them, you should be prepared to face the consequences".

How about you dismissive posters tell us what our military should do when they have to contend with those who respect no rules? What do you suggest? Sacrifice cuz rules are rules?

Check this out.

FBI: Middle Eastern Men Intimidating U.S. Military Families In Colorado & Wyoming
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/f ... o-wyoming/

I am in a violent rage just reading this. These slimy reptiles have no place on earth.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Jim Beaux wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Only in America does the military have to call police to come protect them because they are not allowed to carry guns.
Ive read a few comments on this thread and some are essentially stating that "rules are rules" & if "you break them, you should be prepared to face the consequences".

How about you dismissive posters tell us what our military should do when they have to contend with those who respect no rules? What do you suggest? Sacrifice cuz rules are rules?

Check this out.

FBI: Middle Eastern Men Intimidating U.S. Military Families In Colorado & Wyoming
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/f ... o-wyoming/

I am in a violent rage just reading this. These slimy reptiles have no place on earth.
The scary part of the second link is kind of glossed over, but its important. They asked the woman about her husband being an interrogator. That's an extremely specific question that seems very much out of place if these are random encounters. The question appears to indicate some level of research.

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dragonfighter »

Jim Beaux wrote: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/f ... o-wyoming/

That, sir, is an insult to reptiles everywhere.

A couple of things come to mind for me. A couple of years ago I was reading the TPC (I'm easily entertained) and came across a little tidbit about the need for a weapon is defense to prosecution if you had it where you weren't supposed to. Unfortunately I am unable to find the citation right now. Perhaps those more erudite in the Penal Code can help out. This of course has no bearing on Tennessee but it may be at issue if a similar attack happens in Texas.

About Federal property. Is a storefront rented for a recruiting station now Federal property? And how about the rest of the shopping center? I really don't know, just a question that has occurred to me and one, I would think, could really affect the process. And then there are those standing guard out front now, are they on Federal property?
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

charliej47
Posts in topic: 2

Post by charliej47 »

Dragonfighter wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/f ... o-wyoming/

About Federal property. Is a storefront rented for a recruiting station now Federal property? And how about the rest of the shopping center? I really don't know, just a question that has occurred to me and one, I would think, could really affect the process. And then there are those standing guard out front now, are they on Federal property?
I have read that the Post Office parking lot will we treated as a Fed controlled area :rules: and you will be prosecuted :smash: I believe that all rented/leased areas under FED control is treated the same way where buildings are located.

My statement about the rules is if you intend to break them then be prepared to accept the consequences.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”