7-28-15 Flower Mound Home Invasion

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RJGold
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 7-28-15 Flower Mound Home Invasion

Post by RJGold »

C-dub wrote:
RJGold wrote:
C-dub wrote:
RJGold wrote:I'm still trying to figure out the "I think I'll run a few sprinkler zones at 0230" and "I was still in my nightie" angle...

As far as door locking, I'm pretty obsessive about it. It drives my wife crazy (especially when she's outside!!!).

This is a wierd story but a good reminder of some things to be cautious of...

Thanks for sharing it...
It sounds like they have a sprinkler system that runs when they are not home or normally asleep. She was restless and couldn't sleep and decided to run a couple of zones on the sprinklers to see if the brown spots in their yard weren't getting any coverage from the sprinklers. Nothing too unusual there.
Got that part... done it many times myself (although not at 0230)...

I've never done it in my night clothes...

I'm not judging, just makes the story a little strange to me...

In all seriousness, I think the number of times prowlers (or would be intruders) walk up to doors and try them is much higher than we know. I believe that locked doors are the first line of defense. Doesn't mean they'll stop all intruders but will certainly stop a number of them...
I think having an intruder in one's home is a little strange. However, the stranger part of this story to me is that once he was forced outside he forced his way back in.

I have a friend that once told me he kept a handgun next to his bed, but didn't keep a round in the chamber. His theory was that if there was an intruder and he heard the sound of him racking the slide it would be like a warning and might scare the intruder off. I told him then that my locked door was the last warning an intruder will get. I, too, am also obsessive about locking all doors and windows before going to bed.
:iagree: :thumbs2:
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

charliej47
Posts in topic: 1

Post by charliej47 »

I will say that I always lock everything. I will also say that I have woken up in the middle of the night and did a perimeter check with weapon in hand because my spidey sense said that something was wrong.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

baseball bats hmmm
My cousins in California were murdered by a rocking chair the murderer turned into clubs, how handy it would have been if they provided him baseball bats instead, and there'd still be a whole rocking chair ...

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

RJGold wrote:I'm still trying to figure out the "I think I'll run a few sprinkler zones at 0230" and "I was still in my nightie" angle...
This is a wierd story but a good reminder of some things to be cautious of...Thanks for sharing it...
Very weird indeed. The hubby stated he never saw the Jason masked hoodie wearing mystery boogieman according to the Fox News report I watched so I retract my comment about his sleeping manhood. The written article was very detailed about hubbies entrance. Hopefully the investigation will give us the rest of the story. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...
III

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Seems like God wanted her awake and alert. Thank God it all worked out
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”