SURPRISE! 30.06 sign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Wysiwyg101
Posts in topic: 4

Re: SURPRISE! 30.06 sign

Post by Wysiwyg101 »

jmra wrote:
Wysiwyg101 wrote:The Hilton Anatole has engraved 30.06 signs on every single entrance to the place.
I love that they engraved them. Meaningless come Jan 1.
Well, they will, more than likely, just have the panels they are engraved on replaced with the new correct signs. Just a matter of time. I hate working at that particular property.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Wysiwyg101 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Wysiwyg101 wrote:The Hilton Anatole has engraved 30.06 signs on every single entrance to the place.
I love that they engraved them. Meaningless come Jan 1.
Well, they will, more than likely, just have the panels they are engraved on replaced with the new correct signs. Just a matter of time. I hate working at that particular property.
If you're lucky to hey will replace them with 30.07 signs.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, a LOT of businesses are going to have to do some very expensive glass replacement after 1/1/16... :cool:
-Ruark

Wysiwyg101

Post by Wysiwyg101 »

I was just working at the Hilton Anatole the other day and took another look. They are engraved on metal panels inside each entrance. The panels can be replaced pretty easily. While there I got to talk to one of the security personnel and he told me that every Hilton property had those signs up. I'll be at the Hilton Inn DFW later this week for training. I'm going to see if that is true.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

Wysiwyg101 wrote:I was just working at the Hilton Anatole the other day and took another look. They are engraved on metal panels inside each entrance. The panels can be replaced pretty easily. While there I got to talk to one of the security personnel and he told me that every Hilton property had those signs up. I'll be at the Hilton Inn DFW later this week for training. I'm going to see if that is true.
Maybe the Hilton's in Texas have signs, but not all of the Hilton's in AZ have signs. I've confirmed that the Doubletree Hilton - Reid Park in Tucson, AZ, has no signs. AZ has no direct equivalent to 30.06. Arizona Revised Statue 4-229, for instance, does not specify color or size. It does require the gun buster symbol and certain words. I will be carrying openly in this hotel from 23 JUL to 1 AUG. If I go in the bar, I will have to conceal.

Also, in Texas, the Occupations Code http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83 ... navpanes=0 requires hotels to state their gun policy on their "Internet reservation website."
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Wysiwyg101

Post by Wysiwyg101 »

koine2002 wrote:I'm surprised to see the Anatole is posted. The Crows are some of the bigger contributors to the Republican party. I used to go there every year for a Gala and never saw it posted. Of course, the Gala moved before I got my CHL so I wasn't looking for such signage.

The security guard I spoke with said it's a Hilton thing.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”