D.C. must generally grant gun-carry licenses to law-abiding adults

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Re: D.C. must generally grant gun-carry licenses to law-abiding adults

Post by rotor »

Never heard of Pink Pistols before but I am glad they won. Their website says "We teach Q****S to shoot" I left out the inflammatory word. I welcome everyone that believes in the 2A.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'm on my phone and didn't see it, but what was the count? 5-3 or unanimous?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

Imagine if lots of honest law obeying citizens of Washington DC embrace concealed carry. Then imagine if the crime rate goes into a tail spin.

Never mind the press will still not report it. President Clinton will not change her stance on guns.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

C-dub wrote:I'm on my phone and didn't see it, but what was the count? 5-3 or unanimous?
Home now and realize that it was a federal judge and not a SCOTUS ruling. :oops:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Andy, did you know ELB beat you by about 3 hours? ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84239
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

rotor wrote:Never heard of Pink Pistols before but I am glad they won. Their website says "We teach Q****S to shoot" I left out the inflammatory word. I welcome everyone that believes in the 2A.
Why would you if it's their own statement?

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Any (OK, the vast majority I would assume) judgement for 2A is a good judgement. I would rather the anti's be in the position to appeal than us...

:patriot:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Do they have a chapter in New Jersey?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

puma guy wrote:Do they have a chapter in New Jersey?
As far as the case goes, the "good cause" specified by the plaintiff was the Second Amendment, not membership in Pink Pistols.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

MikeyJ wrote:
As far as the case goes, the "good cause" specified by the plaintiff was the Second Amendment, not membership in Pink Pistols.
Yes, I was posting in jest. I should have included an emoticon. NJ makes it difficult for anyone to get a CCL regardless of good cause or need OR the Second Amendment. A police chief can decide you don't need a license, since NJ is a "may Issue" state. Maybe the Pink Pistol group can get it done in NJ. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

KLB

Post by KLB »

It will be entertaining to see how DC frustrates the effect of this ruling by imposing other restrictions. That DC will do so is a lead-pipe cinch.

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

puma guy wrote:
MikeyJ wrote:
Yes, I was posting in jest. I should have included an emoticon. NJ makes it difficult for anyone to get a CCL regardless of good cause or need OR the Second Amendment. A police chief can decide you don't need a license, since NJ is a "may Issue" state. Maybe the Pink Pistol group can get it done in NJ. :lol:
When I read through the memo, I thought there was a reference to many group members belonging to a "sexual minority" and, therefore, more likely to be targeted.

NJ would be a good test case, though. Chris Christie claims to want to remove the "good cause" requirement but the democrat controlled legislature won't budge. I don't know if the 3rd Circuit has already ruled on a challenge to the "good cause" requirement, though, or how vigorously the NJ AG would defend the requirement.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”