Ukrainian marines stop drivers in Scotland

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

Ukrainian marines stop drivers in Scotland

Post by VMI77 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3131058.stm
Two armed Ukrainian marines, involved in a mock hunt for terrorists, had forced a number of vehicles on a coastal road near Port William to pull over
If this had happened in Texas?

After all: http://www.businessinsider.com/joint-us ... Insider%29
A Russian airborne task force will "exercise with U.S. special service weapons," an announcement by Russian Defense Ministry spokesperson Col. Aleksandr Kucherenko revealed.

The official purpose of the joint training is to practice airborne tactics and anti-terror operations, such as dropping into a hostile area and conducting a "terrorist camp raid."

"Soldiers of the two countries will hold a tactical airborne operation, including reconnaissance of an imaginary terrorists' camp and a raid," said Kucherenko.

It's worth noting the Russians will have access to U.S. military weapons training at the Army's Fort Carson — "Home of America's Best" — ahead of the scheduled May 24-31 drills. They'll also be trained to understand and operate hardware used by U.S. forces in airborne missions including "parachuting, operation planning, reconnaissance, assault operations and evacuations by helicopter."
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Ukrainian marines stop drivers in Scotland

Post by The Annoyed Man »

VMI77 wrote:
Two armed Ukrainian marines, involved in a mock hunt for terrorists, had forced a number of vehicles on a coastal road near Port William to pull over
Well let's see....... speedsix would have given them a piece of his mind and then forced them to jump out of the way as he sped off. Keith B would have deleted their posts ( :mrgreen: ). Mojo would have taken them out from 800 meters with a Garand. SeamusTX would have given them a link to a similar story at another time in American history, titled "More Redcoat mopes and dopes," leaving them dazed and confused. LongTooth would have asked them if they knew Jesus, and if not, would they like to meet Him.....how being their choice. Excaliber would have pointed out the untenability of their tactical situation and given them a chance to retreat gracefully. RottenApple would try to sell them a couple of MacBook Pros. 74novaman would ask to see how they had tricked out their AKs, and then offered to show them his AK SBR......just before killing them all with it. Snatchel would have gone all Special Boat Teams on their butts and hosed them down with a Dillon minigun, while feeding pieces of Ukrainian meat to his dog and cat. Governor Perry would have turned his mighty .380 on them and lit them up for 5 or 6 rounds. Gigag04 would have pulled them over "backatcha" and written them up for every violation he could find on their APC, and then remind them that they could not carry a loaded long gun in Texas in a manner intended to cause alarm, and confiscated their weapons and cuffed and stuffed them........all with one hand while picking his teeth with a piece of straw. RPG would play "Betcha can't guess how many guns I got on me right now" with them. I'd probably use a long rant of multisyllabic hypersequepedalian words and reduce them to tears. Charles L. Cotton would remind them that since they were instigating the confrontation, they had no affirmative defense under Texas use of deadly force laws........just before capping them with the most beautiful 1911 ever beheld by lowly human eyes.

Did I leave anybody out?.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

EconDoc

Post by EconDoc »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
Well let's see....... speedsix would have given them a piece of his mind and then forced them to jump out of the way as he sped off. Keith B would have deleted their posts ( :mrgreen: ). Mojo would have taken them out from 800 meters with a Garand. SeamusTX would have given them a link to a similar story at another time in American history, titled "More Redcoat mopes and dopes," leaving them dazed and confused. LongTooth would have asked them if they knew Jesus, and if not, would they like to meet Him.....how being their choice. Excaliber would have pointed out the untenability of their tactical situation and given them a chance to retreat gracefully. RottenApple would try to sell them a couple of MacBook Pros. 74novaman would ask to see how they had tricked out their AKs, and then offered to show them his AK SBR......just before killing them all with it. Snatchel would have gone all Special Boat Teams on their butts and hosed them down with a Dillon minigun, while feeding pieces of Ukrainian meat to his dog and cat. Governor Perry would have turned his mighty .380 on them and lit them up for 5 or 6 rounds. Gigag04 would have pulled them over "backatcha" and written them up for every violation he could find on their APC, and then remind them that they could not carry a loaded long gun in Texas in a manner intended to cause alarm, and confiscated their weapons and cuffed and stuffed them........all with one hand while picking his teeth with a piece of straw. RPG would play "Betcha can't guess how many guns I got on me right now" with them. I'd probably use a long rant of multisyllabic hypersequepedalian words and reduce them to tears. Charles L. Cotton would remind them that since they were instigating the confrontation, they had no affirmative defense under Texas use of deadly force laws........just before capping them with the most beautiful 1911 ever beheld by lowly human eyes.

EconDoc (me) would have given them a lecture on economic theory so boring that they would have shot themselves just to escape.

:evil2: :thewave "rlol"

:patriot: :txflag:
Sauron lives and his orc minions are on the march. Free people own guns.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

AndyC's accent would have totally confused them, thinking they were back in Scotland the whole operation would have been aborted.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

The Annoyed Man

MoJo wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

AndyC's accent would have totally confused them, thinking they were back in Scotland the whole operation would have been aborted.
THAT's the spirit!

Crossfire would have given them a withering blast of sarcasm, sending running for momma. USA1 would have threatened them with having to wear jorts (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/ ... trated.jpg Warning! This will make your eyes bleed.). Flintknapper would feed them to the hogs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

USA1 would have found the perfect photo or cartoon to get them laughing, then 86 'em.

drjoker would have insisted on a letter-writing campaign to the Ukrainian authorities, and a boycott of any goods from there.

The CZ fanboys would show them the business end of some other Eastern European small arms.

sidro would proceed to give them a withering hail of good ol' USA .45 ACP.

wgoforth would give them a firefight with his awesome array of Taurii, earning himself a testimonial in the next Taurus ad.

TxD would show them how wheelguns are still awesome at putting a hurting on someone.

The Glockers would do just fine, as long as they didn't give themselves some Glockleg while drawing.

salty1 would give his Sigs a workout, justifying their price point!

karder would be in an "overwatch" position, atop the nearest telecom tower. He'd use his M4 clone
to pick off any "squirters". Squirters are enemy who are fleeing the main battle area.

That's all I can think of for now.

SIA
Last edited by surprise_i'm_armed on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I know how to pack parachutes can I pack for them HA HA HA :evil2: :rolll
Last edited by tommyg on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Red Dawn. The storyline took place in .... Colorado.

:headscratch

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MadMonkey »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

:totap:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

The Annoyed Man

MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

:totap:
You're in Afghannyland. We're talking about Texas! "rlol"

......but that said..... MadMonkey would detail a Hellfire armed Reaper to the mission, punch in the grid coordinates, and drive off with a grin on his face.

#TINVOWOOT

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Yup, TAM nailed what I'd do. Except after I took them out, I'd pick up their AKs to add to my collection. :mrgreen:
TANSTAAFL

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

I think TAM has WAY too much time on his hands........ :lol:

He outdid himself on this one, and inspired lots of other talent after he showed the way.

These were funny!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

:cryin
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man

sjfcontrol wrote::cryin
Don't cry. sjfcontrol would remind them that if they don't back down, he knows how to have them buried under a building. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote::cryin
Don't cry. sjfcontrol would remind them that if they don't back down, he knows how to have them buried under a building. :mrgreen:
:clapping:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”