Gun buyback's aim goes beyond disarming criminals

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rp_photo
Posts in topic: 1

Gun buyback's aim goes beyond disarming criminals

Post by rp_photo »

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... -criminals

I wonder how many sheep in Delaware will go for this? And I'm guessing some in the organization will resell the guns "no questions asked" or lose them out of sheer ineptness.

Thank goodness it's a small state.

Also, I love the irony of "Woman robbed in McDonald's parking lot" link, I suppose the fools in Delaware feel that criminals will respond to the buyback and such crimes will be fewer.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Salty1

Re: Gun buyback's aim goes beyond disarming criminals

Post by Salty1 »

Wish they would have 1 here, I have an old Raven I would love to get $100 for, thats $50 more than it worth.....
Salty1

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

I wish they would have one here so I could go buy some $170 handguns and $220 assault rifles.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

MasterOfNone wrote:I wish they would have one here so I could go buy some $170 handguns and $220 assault rifles.
+1 :anamatedbanana
You might not even have to pay more, just pay in cash instead of prepaid debit cards.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

MasterOfNone wrote:I wish they would have one here so I could go buy some $170 handguns and $220 assault rifles.
:iagree:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

On FB someone suggested to stand near the buyback site and offer $20 more than the cops for some of the nicer turn-in's ... "rlol" :smilelol5: "rlol"

Heck if ya set up your laptop you can prob do a stolen weapon check right there and badda bing ya got some new additions and some stuff to sell .... Ha ha ha...

They even admitted there probably wouldn't be any crime related weapons turned in and yet these sheep blindly follow the herd to allow a peaceable disarming ... :shock:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

yep there is peace in the streets in deleware, when all that occupies it are corpses. most of the weapons the criminals use there come from Pa and Jersey and yes most of them are stolen. when people follow the pied piper, well we know what happens down that road

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Thomas wrote:
You might not even have to pay more, just pay in cash instead of prepaid debit cards.
you guys know that was done right? If I recall, the intent was that working guns were donated to families who couldn't afford to buy their own.
FIRST EVER! – Austinites outbid Police in gun buyback counter-program (UPDATED)

February 26, 2011
http://deadlinelive.info/2011/02/26/fir ... r-program/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to Texans for Accountable Government for organizing the event, and to all who stood in the rain holding signs, and offering an alternative to the city buy back program.

Original Release 2.26.11

WHO: Texans for Accountable Government (TAG) and local Austin activists.

WHAT: Local activists will be purchasing guns from Austinites in need of a little cash, and will give some of the firearms to law abiding residents in need. The citizens receiving those firearms will be encouraged to participate in community philanthropy.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

RPB wrote:
Thomas wrote:
you guys know that was done right? If I recall, the intent was that working guns were donated to families who couldn't afford to buy their own.
FIRST EVER! – Austinites outbid Police in gun buyback counter-program (UPDATED)

February 26, 2011
http://deadlinelive.info/2011/02/26/fir ... r-program/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to Texans for Accountable Government for organizing the event, and to all who stood in the rain holding signs, and offering an alternative to the city buy back program.

Original Release 2.26.11

WHO: Texans for Accountable Government (TAG) and local Austin activists.

WHAT: Local activists will be purchasing guns from Austinites in need of a little cash, and will give some of the firearms to law abiding residents in need. The citizens receiving those firearms will be encouraged to participate in community philanthropy.
THAT...IS...AWESOME! God Bless Texas! :txflag:

Snap E Tom

Post by Snap E Tom »

RPB wrote: you guys know that was done right? If I recall, the intent was that working guns were donated to families who couldn't afford to buy their own.
Does anyone know if they actually donated the guns? I emailed them asking if they did, how many, and if they had profiles on their site, and they never responded. An organization like that would and should jump all over publicizing any philanthropic activities in which they were involved.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”