Would you register your guns?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Doug.38PR
Posts in topic: 2

Would you register your guns?

Post by Doug.38PR »

If the Pelosi family passed a law saying we had to register our guns tomorrow, would you do it? Or would you "dispose" of your guns? Would you resist?

This would be a blatantly unconstitutional law. We can't just keep submitting to these things and say "oh well, that's the law, that's the way 'democracy' works, we're all Americans in the end." :nono: That's hardly the response of George Washington or Patrick Henry. Be worthy of your ancestors.

This really is a tough question. I'm not advocating some anarchist "let's go start a revolution" (neither did our forefathers) or "board up your house and wait for LEO to arrive" but I am saying we have these guns for a reason, we have our communities for a reason. We have the right of self defense and we have the right to say NO to wrongful acts. :patriot: :txflag:

What would you do? What should you do?

LaserTex
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Would you register your guns?

Post by LaserTex »

I just like to read gun forums. I don't even like guns....they are eeecckkkyyy...
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

boomerang
Posts in topic: 3

Post by boomerang »

They're already registered on a 4473.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Sold all of mine last Christmas....... :coolgleamA:

Ryan

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

What guns?

:leaving
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Registration can't be allowed. It leads to confiscation.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/R ... &issue=006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 87311.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/iwillnotobey_19991202.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sangamoncorifleassociation.o ... sep07.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

boomerang wrote:They're already registered on a 4473.
Most of the ones I used to have before my recent religious epiphany were not bought using a 4473.

Of course I would register the ones they know I have, if I haven't already donated them.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Seburiel

Post by Seburiel »

Guns?
Er...
Is THAT what this forum is all about? I thought it was the Texas Children Have Lice Forum.
Damn... I got to read what I'm doing.

mortdooley

Post by mortdooley »

I only owned one handgun for concealed carry and home protection and sold it to a man in a Houston PD uniform at a gun show last year!
Affirmative action never brings out excellence!

phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

boomerang wrote:They're already registered on a 4473.

Well, five or six years from now, when some government lackey hired under the Obama "Put a Crack Head To Work" economic recovery plan finally gets around to looking at the paper copy of the 4473, since the NICS record is only retained for 24 hours or so (to prevent just this kind of de-facto registration), finding one of mine among the 100+ million of them out there, and assuming it's for one of the guns I've bought since I bought this house three years ago, (not to mention a gun I might have inherited or been given as a gift), and sends another government lackey hired under the Obama "National Police Force With Military Strength to Subvert The Posse Comitatus Act" to my house (assuming I'm still living here), They will find out much to their dismay, that I sold all those guns YEARS ago to raise money to pay my tax bill under the Obama "Anybody Not On Food Stamps Is Considered Wealthy" tax the rich plan. To some guy, I think he was Canadian, or French, or maybe Chinese (I didn't want to racially profile him). All I know he was speaking Austrian, or maybe it was Australian, or Brazillian (I'll have to check with Press Secretary Gibbs on that). Anyway, those guns are long gone, that gun safe is just used to hold MRE's, and I lost the combination to it last week.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

It was about a year ago that I was at a gun show and Lee Brown, I think he was Lee Brown, he looked a lot like lee Brown, bought my guns paid good money for it too. Do you have a warrent sir?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I took all mine out (ammo included) on a fishing trip, and son of a gun, did we have a tragedy or what...The boat sank...

Darn the luck...I have pictures to prove it...

Do I have photoshop on my computer??? Why do you ask???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

PArrow

Post by PArrow »

That Lee Brown really gets around. He bought all mine last November at a gun show. Paid top dollor of them to, no haggeling.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
--Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I threw them all in Grapevine Lake after I discovered how evil they are.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”