GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

Post by Jago668 »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm
Scott Farkus wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 pmI expect a SCOTUS decision on this.
Not until we get a replacement for Ginsburg and maybe even Breyer. They've been refusing to hear 2A cases for some time now.

Although this is a lot more than a 2A case at this point.
How is it determined that a case will be heard by SCOTUS? Does it take a unanimous agreement? Never really studied this question.
Read the parts about Writs of Certiorari and Law Clerks. Has a summary of what you want.

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal- ... /supreme-1
NRA Benefactor Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

Jago668 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 pm
mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm
Scott Farkus wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 pmI expect a SCOTUS decision on this.
Not until we get a replacement for Ginsburg and maybe even Breyer. They've been refusing to hear 2A cases for some time now.

Although this is a lot more than a 2A case at this point.
How is it determined that a case will be heard by SCOTUS? Does it take a unanimous agreement? Never really studied this question.
Read the parts about Writs of Certiorari and Law Clerks. Has a summary of what you want.

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal- ... /supreme-1
Thank you
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas_Blaze »

It’s my vote, not yours. It belongs to me. I choose what to do with it. I choose. No one else. I get to spend my money like I want. So it is with my vote. If I choose to write in Ted Cruz for President it’s my choice. If I choose to not vote. It’s my choice. Not anyone else’s. If I choose to vote Trump it’s my choice. I’m so tired of seein conservatives of all people attempt to belittle and besmirch any person that does as they choose with their vote. I expect liberals to not respect an individual’s freedom in voting. I expect conservatives to respect the freedom I have to do as I wish with my vote. So if I’m peeved that Trump banned bump stocks and that’s my hill to stand and fight on, what’s it to anyone else. If I believe that Trump is a mastermind and will ultimately not betray me, and will vote for him, what’s it to anyone else. Why ridicule someone just because they told you what they plan to do with their vote? Had they not told you, then all is well and you respect the person still.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RicoTX »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 pm

I expect a SCOTUS decision on this.

I might be a pessimist, but I'm not sure SCOTUS is actually pro2A, even if two more are replaced.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”