CNN Gun Control Poll

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tuna
Posts in topic: 21

Re: CNN Gun Control Poll

Post by tuna »

Mike1951 wrote:
Gameover wrote:Man what is going on up in here....tuna came in with a BANG!!!
Maybe he has a gun he wants to sell. He's getting there in record time!
No, I'll keep mine.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RPB »

tuna wrote:I think the CNN polls discriminate by IP address, restricting multiple submissions, though I'm not sure. It does provide some insight to the larger view outside of Texas, CHL'ers or the NRA.
they should, but don't

I have 5 computers on one external IP address, each has 7 browsers, (IE, Opera, Chrome, Dragon, IceDragon, Firefox... and Safari) but on that poll ... all one must do is hit refresh or reload the page or close browser use ccleaner/delete cookies or something.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

FishInTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FishInTx »

When I was a kid we had a gun rack in the living made of deer feet. I remember the old 30/30 and 28 guage hanging there. There was a 38 revolver behind some books on the shelf. To me, it was normal. We all had respect for the weapons and knew the rules. Kids, and some adults nowadays, think the guns are gonna go off by themselves, or that only bad people have guns. :headscratch

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 7

Post by canvasbck »

OK Tuna, Let me explain why it will be difficult if not impossible for you to have a reasonable conversation about gun control. When you took the classes to get your masters in psychology, you certainly took classes that taught you about critical thinking. Based on your posts thus far, you have evidently abandoned critical thinking when responding to the mass shooting in CT and on gun control in general. You know better than to make decisions without looking at the facts and making a rational decision based on all available data, but your shock and outrage over this incident has taken over. Whether you intended it or not, your first post was antagonistic given the group you were addressing.

Responses such as "don't the dead children matter" are really not called for. Of course every single reasonable person would do everything they could to turn back time and undo what was done at Sandy Hook. You summarily dismissed the idea of arming teachers because the thought of having guns around our innocent youths "makes your head explode". When you make statements like that, it's clear that you will not listen to facts or reason, your mind is made up and having an armed teacher doesn't make you feel safe. I'm sorry, but many of the ideas that you will get from this group are supported by actual data, but will not make you feel safe......they will however make you and/or your children safer.

Folks on your side are appalled by the statement often made by our side "more guns=less crime". There really is some truth to this. Surely you have to agree that an armed police officer sitting in a liquer store greatly reduces the chances of that store being robbed. IF you agree that an armed police officer can deter crime, then it can reasonably be concluded that guns in the hands of "the good guys" can be a means to reduce crime. We can argue about who the good guys are, but that is irrelevant for this discussion. Restrictions on legally obtaining firearms reduce the number of good guys who have guns. It does nothing to deter the "bad guys" from posessing them. Someone who is trading crack rocks for a firearm or stealing the firearm doesn't really care if the magazine in that firearm comlies with current regulations.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”