Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by mojo84 »

jrs_diesel wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Roy, you may have to submit an information request to get that data. It appears that's what the Express News did.
I thought only law enforcement had access to our LTC data? :confused5
You are correct. We are talking about the totals by county or zip code. They cannot release data that identifies specific LTC holders.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Breny414
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by Breny414 »

Deleted. not relevant.
Last edited by Breny414 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Very interesting that there are 1,115 LTC for the springtown zip code.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

2,149 in Grapevine, which is a single zip code town.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

My zip is 3800, Good Old Katy, not New Katy which definitely has more people than Old Katy. :patriot:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Our zip ranked 18, 2859 LTC out of total of 63,140 (all ages) or 5%. Assuming adults above 21 are less than 50% than 1 in 10 do have an LTC
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

BulldogBorders

Post by BulldogBorders »

1,927 in my zip. I don't think that's too bad since we only have a population of 8,000 people.

:thewave

:txflag:
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

BulldogBorders wrote:1,927 in my zip. I don't think that's too bad since we only have a population of 8,000 people.

:thewave

:txflag:
That's almost 25% !! :shock:
<bow>
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jrs_diesel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jrs_diesel »

mojo84 wrote:
You are correct. We are talking about the totals by county or zip code. They cannot release data that identifies specific LTC holders.
Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up. :tiphat:
J.R.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Annoyed Man wrote:2,149 in Grapevine, which is a single zip code town.
The estimated 2015 population of Grapevine is 50,844 - according to the city's Wikipedia page. That makes for 4.23% with LTCs.......of course that population figure includes children and other indelible people, so I don't know if you could legitimately say it was that high.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Sly Dog

Post by Sly Dog »

If it is correct, there is a population of 1,250 where I live.

403 LTC

So basically 1/3 of the population. :biggrinjester:
"An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit."

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Barely 2% of the population in my town.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I caught this headline this morning on one of my feeds.
"NEWSPAPER PUBLISHES MAP showing thieves which neighborhoods are safest to rob."
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”