Europe's Jews want guns

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BobCat
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Europe's Jews want guns

Post by BobCat »

Man, cb1000rider, you said a mouthful there! Thanks for the clarity. And the calm.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

zigzag
Posts in topic: 3

Post by zigzag »

Many AMerican Jews have changed their last names (to anglo Saxon ) to cover their ethnicity. But many remain pure to their western (ashkenazi) and eastern European roots. Again, Jews are well in the forefront in arms and ammo manufacturing in this United States as well as gun rights groups.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

zigzag wrote:Many AMerican Jews have changed their last names (to anglo Saxon ) to cover their ethnicity.
My grandfather had his name changed at Ellis Island, where immigration officials decided the first few letters of his last name would be enough. He was too poor and too focused on making a living to have that fixed. Some of his siblings remedied the slight years later and legally had their names changed back to the full family name. His daughter, my mother, married a guy with a western surname (born that way). Am I "hiding"? I'd venture to guess that the percentage of Jews "hiding" behind westernized names is rather small, like some of the surprising comments I'm reading in this thread.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Not hiding here... by my surname most people take me for a plain vanilla German - until they get a look at my face...

To keep this gun-related - some mornings when I holster my CZ75B, I remember that CZ supplied weapons to the new state of Israel (even before the state was declared) - from behind the Iron Curtain yet - and I'm grateful. It is a fine weapon.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bmwrdr »

BobCat wrote:Not hiding here... by my surname most people take me for a plain vanilla German - until they get a look at my face...

To keep this gun-related - some mornings when I holster my CZ75B, I remember that CZ supplied weapons to the new state of Israel (even before the state was declared) - from behind the Iron Curtain yet - and I'm grateful. It is a fine weapon.
The CZ 75B is one of the best handguns in my opinion. Many copies are made of that particular Browning design.
It is my most fired handgun in my collection and I am most accurate with it.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Actually I don't think Browning designed the CZ75. I think a pair of brothers who worked for CZ (embarrassed not to recall names, and to be too lazy to look it up) designed it.

Still, it is an evolutionary step.

...and to tell the truth, as much as I like, trust, and respect the CZ75B, and carry it in preference to anything else, when I shoot my Highpower and then pick up the CZ it feels large and cumbersome by comparison with the Browning. But the double action first shot makes it first choice.

Great to read that someone else appreciates the CZ75B though!

cheezit
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cheezit »

Glad to know im not alone on my views for once. For some reason everyone thinks im german too. I just think most are bad with names.

zigzag
Posts in topic: 3

Post by zigzag »

I have a hipower clone made in Hungary. Its the PJK 9 HP imported in 1991. It is very accurate , barrel to slide fit is amazing!

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

baldeagle wrote:How ironic. American Jews are strong supporters of gun control.
http://jpfo.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rbwhatever1 »

As long as the right "designated people" can carry arms? Apparently once one loses the basic right to exist, that right is very hard to get back. I for one will not be walking down that road. I may be carried but I will not be walking...

"Rabbi Menachem Margolin…writes: “We hereby ask that gun licensing laws are reviewed with immediate effect to allow designated people in the Jewish communities and institutions to own weapons for the essential protection of their communities, as well as receiving the necessary training to protect their members from potential terror attacks.”
Speaking to Newsweek, Rabbi Margolin added that he believes that “as many people within the Jewish community as possible” should carry weapons.
III

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

Apparently some took offense to my post about Jews and gun control. If you did, I suggest you go back and read what I wrote again. I began with the words "Obviously not every Jewish person...". I then provided links, which included one to jpfo.org. I'm not stupid enough to think every Jew supports gun control, nor do I think anyone who posts on this board is. Generalizing is just that, generalizing. If more than 50% of Jewish people support gun control, then saying, as I did, that "in the main" Jews support it is an accurate statement. If that angers you, blame the data, not me.

There were Jews who stood up to the Germans in WWII as well, just as there are Jews who strongly support the 2nd Amendment today. This shouldn't surprise any thinking person. Nor should it surprise anyone that they were and are a minority in the Jewish community. Is it sheer coincidence that many major US politicians who are outspokenly in support of gun control are Jewish? Is it really Jew-bashing to point that out???
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

baldeagle wrote:Is it sheer coincidence that many major US politicians who are outspokenly in support of gun control are Jewish? Is it really Jew-bashing to point that out???
Yes
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

RoyGBiv wrote:
baldeagle wrote:Is it sheer coincidence that many major US politicians who are outspokenly in support of gun control are Jewish? Is it really Jew-bashing to point that out???
Yes
Then pointing out that blacks vote 90% for Democrats is racist, and pointing out that women are not physically as capable as men of doing manual labor tasks is sexist, and now you've entered the bizarro world of political correctness where it's not even possible to discuss issues intelligently, so count me out.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

rotor

Post by rotor »

baldeagle wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:
Yes
Then pointing out that blacks vote 90% for Democrats is racist, and pointing out that women are not physically as capable as men of doing manual labor tasks is sexist, and now you've entered the bizarro world of political correctness where it's not even possible to discuss issues intelligently, so count me out.
I don't think it is Jew bashing because in my personal experience as a Jew growing up in New York City it was true. I think U.S. Jews tend to have an innate fear or disdain of firearms and push gun control. Perhaps we should say it is true for East and perhaps West coast Jews. I don't understand why they have this "weakness"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”