what senate rule change could mean for 2nd amendment

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 3

Re: what senate rule change could mean for 2nd amendment

Post by mr surveyor »

Robert*PPS wrote:If the majority can simply change the rules, then realistically speaking, there are no rules.

well said!
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

sunny beach
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sunny beach »

Robert*PPS wrote:If the majority can simply change the rules, then realistically speaking, there are no rules.
Democracy is not the same as anarchy.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

sunny beach wrote:
Democracy is not the same as anarchy.
And a Republic is not the same as Democracy.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Long term, the answer is at the polls. In the interim, how do we combat what the progressives are doing? The president is changing laws at his whim and the progressives in the senate are changing the rules to fit their agenda. How do we regain some semblence of balance of power and rule of law before they do figure out a way to take our guns? After the guns, other rights will be gone. My tinfoil hat is only going to provide so much protection.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by suthdj »

mojo84 wrote:Long term, the answer is at the polls. In the interim, how do we combat what the progressives are doing? The president is changing laws at his whim and the progressives in the senate are changing the rules to fit their agenda. How do we regain some semblence of balance of power and rule of law before they do figure out a way to take our guns? After the guns, other rights will be gone. My tinfoil hat is only going to provide so much protection.
My tin foil hat has a Kevlar underlining.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

mamabearCali wrote:It is a bleak day. Once power is taken from the people it is not easily recovered.
November 6, 2008 was a bleak day for America. Unfortunately, far too many Americans still don't realize it.

Obama said elections have consequences. He wasn't kidding. And Americans weren't listening.

Now we pay the price.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

jmra

Post by jmra »

baldeagle wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:It is a bleak day. Once power is taken from the people it is not easily recovered.
November 6, 2008 was a bleak day for America. Unfortunately, far too many Americans still don't realize it.

Obama said elections have consequences. He wasn't kidding. And Americans weren't listening.

Now we pay the price.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jmra wrote:
baldeagle wrote:

Now we pay the price.
:iagree: :iagree:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
jmra wrote:
baldeagle wrote:

Now we pay the price.
:iagree: :iagree:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here's an interesting and scary take on what's going on.

http://allenbwest.com/2013/11/every-d-c ... -registry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:Here's an interesting and scary take on what's going on.

http://allenbwest.com/2013/11/every-d-c ... -registry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not good. Next thing you know Obama is going to strike a deal with Iran, oh wait...
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Wes

Post by Wes »

What's crazy is this impacts every way more than the assault weapons ban would have yet it's not a hot item. I don't think most people realize what's actually happened or worse yet, care.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Topic author
mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mamabearCali »

Imagine the outrage if this was applied to any other civil right. Want to vote...get photographed, fingerprinted, and pay a tax. Want to be a journalist, get photographed, fingerprinted and pay a tax. Want to have a faith, get fingerprinted, and pay a tax. HOLY COW the outrage would be rightfully great and fearsome to behold.

What a scary time we live in.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

suthdj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by suthdj »

mamabearCali wrote:Imagine the outrage if this was applied to any other civil right. Want to vote...get photographed, fingerprinted, and pay a tax. Want to be a journalist, get photographed, fingerprinted and pay a tax. Want to have a faith, get fingerprinted, and pay a tax. HOLY COW the outrage would be rightfully great and fearsome to behold.

Yep no where to go but down. It seems everyone is just holding their breath until the next election and hoping nothing else happens all the time the left is just stacking things in their favor. :banghead: :banghead:
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

jmra

Post by jmra »

suthdj wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:Imagine the outrage if this was applied to any other civil right. Want to vote...get photographed, fingerprinted, and pay a tax. Want to be a journalist, get photographed, fingerprinted and pay a tax. Want to have a faith, get fingerprinted, and pay a tax. HOLY COW the outrage would be rightfully great and fearsome to behold.

Yep no where to go but down. It seems everyone is just holding their breath until the next election and hoping nothing else happens all the time the left is just stacking things in their favor. :banghead: :banghead:
For the most part conservatives take the moral high ground/play by the rules. It's almost impossible to win any contest when the rules only apply to your team.
We are living on borrowed time.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”