NFA Item Holders

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RiverRider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NFA Item Holders

Post by RiverRider »

Perversion of the Tenth Amendment = tyranny!

Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

APynckel wrote:How many of you hold NFA regulated items?

I would like to know, because I would like to petition the Texas congress to put BATFE's jurisdiction in check. I want suppressors made in Texas and purchased in Texas, to be regulated by Texas (since that's intrastate commerce, and not interstate). Since we have the most stringent background checks compared to the fed, I would state that this would be an improvement. Also, no $200 federal tax stamp and no waiting 6 months for your paperwork to get documented.

C'mon people, let's get this ball rolling, I need more momentum.
I'll support it, but it's not going to hold up in court when it eventually ends up there, see [gonzles v. Raich](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). The feds can say anything is interstate commerce and regulate it, at least until public opinion changes on things like the "drug war", freedom v. security, ect.

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

APynckel wrote:
Hoosier Daddy wrote:
APynckel wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:State law cannot trump federal law and Montana's law is going to get someone a stint in a federal prison. The Commerce Clause has been so perverted over the years, especially in recent years, that it applies not only to products that have moved in interstate commerce, but also items that impact interstate commerce.

Your heart is in the right place, but even it the bill were to pass, it won't keep the feds from filing federal criminal charges.

Chas.
Then take it to the supreme to make them STATE what interstate commerce's definition is.
They already did. Wickard v. Filburn.

:rules: All Enemies, Foreign AND Domestic
Buying a suppressor, an enemy, does not make me.
Why do you assume he's talking about you?
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”