Status of Campus Carry and Parking Lot (in layman's terms)

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Status of Campus Carry and Parking Lot (in layman's term

Post by flintknapper »

Paragrouper wrote:
G26ster wrote:Must be static line only then. No way a grouper can pull a rip cord :biggrinjester:

Back on topic. When Charles said, "much of SB1581 is unnecessary," I assumed that meant that the bill would go nowhere. So, if that's the bill the CC amendment is attached to, there seemed to me little chance of CC passing. Hence my question in response to his post.
You Bet, I was much too ugly to be picked for HALO school.

From what little I've seen of Texas politics, its anybody's guess what will happen. I do know there is some stiff opposition--so we'll see what the next few days bring.

Love the avatar. :mrgreen: :lol:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Paragrouper
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paragrouper »

flintknapper wrote:
Paragrouper wrote:
G26ster wrote:Must be static line only then. No way a grouper can pull a rip cord :biggrinjester:

Back on topic. When Charles said, "much of SB1581 is unnecessary," I assumed that meant that the bill would go nowhere. So, if that's the bill the CC amendment is attached to, there seemed to me little chance of CC passing. Hence my question in response to his post.
You Bet, I was much too ugly to be picked for HALO school.

From what little I've seen of Texas politics, its anybody's guess what will happen. I do know there is some stiff opposition--so we'll see what the next few days bring.

Love the avatar. :mrgreen: :lol:
I love Grouper--especially grilled!
DCC
"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden

TxKimberMan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxKimberMan »

"Campus Guns Bill Hits Roadblock in State House"

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/05/20/camp ... ate-house/

:banghead:
U.S. Coast Guard 1982-90
Semper Paratus

Millerk420

Post by Millerk420 »

You have got to be kidding me.. ugh.. :rules: COME ON Senate.. don't Senators have people to read and know the rules of the bills before they vote on stuff...

texanron

Post by texanron »

Whoops!! Thats less than we hoped for.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

That is really disheartening.

Can anyone summarize the parking lot bill? I understand that's passed.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Millerk420 wrote:You have got to be kidding me.. ugh.. :rules: COME ON Senate.. don't Senators have people to read and know the rules of the bills before they vote on stuff...
Senate and House rules don't mirror one another. Usually it isn't a problem, but on controversial bills, it sometimes is.

Chas.

megs
Posts in topic: 3

Post by megs »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Is there anyone who knows exactly what is going on with these two, in a very short answer sort of way? I put this in political issues section because if the way this stuff has been going isn't "political", I really don't know what is. If this is NOT a good way to do this, my apologies. I'm just fully confused about what is alive and dead at this point...I just cannot follow this stuff, too many twists and turns. IF this gets deleted, can someone in the know please PM me? Thank you.
In simple terms, the legislature is voting for more violent crime and against self defense.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

megs wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:Is there anyone who knows exactly what is going on with these two, in a very short answer sort of way? I put this in political issues section because if the way this stuff has been going isn't "political", I really don't know what is. If this is NOT a good way to do this, my apologies. I'm just fully confused about what is alive and dead at this point...I just cannot follow this stuff, too many twists and turns. IF this gets deleted, can someone in the know please PM me? Thank you.
In simple terms, the legislature is voting for more violent crime and against self defense.
Parking lots, too? I thought that'd passed.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

megs

Post by megs »

Dave2 wrote:Parking lots, too? I thought that'd passed.
Not yet. It still has a chance but it's not a done deal.

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

I would be nice if the Federal senate rules were similar....cut out all the add ons to bills.

In this case however, it is a drag :banghead:
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

megs wrote:
Well, by and large, I think its fairly easy to see which political party is FOR self-defense and which political party is AGAINST self-defense. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, but that is exactly what they are, exceptions. Politics is often a lesser of the evils game, and as for me personally, I have no problem at all deciding who the lesser of the evils is...lets just say I'm no fan of criminals and law-breakers, and those that would give them ANY aid and comfort against law-abiding citizenry.

megs

Post by megs »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
megs wrote:In simple terms, the legislature is voting for more violent crime and against self defense.
Well, by and large, I think its fairly easy to see which political party is FOR self-defense and which political party is AGAINST self-defense.
:iagree:

A Democratic majority in the legislature and a Democratic Lt. Governor passed the original campus carry bill.

We're seeing right now what a 65% majority Republican legislature is willing to pass.

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

From a knowldeable source, RINO Straus and Rep. Hunter in Calendars are best buds.
Knowing this, what Calendars has done makes more sense. I don't lke it, but we can understand where the buryng of some bills came from. Plus, it's a re-districtng/election year. Better safe than sorry n their minds. Too bad it'll backfire on them.

Would faxing Lucio every month's CLERY reports from the colleges in his district with a note saying, "you could have helped lower these numbers with SB 354" be a bit too much?
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

megs wrote:
Dave2 wrote:Parking lots, too? I thought that'd passed.
Not yet. It still has a chance but it's not a done deal.
It's not merely a "chance." Absent a catastrophic meltdown, parking lots will be fine.

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”