Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Quahog
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border

Post by Quahog »

Purplehood wrote:
Quahog wrote:
d strokes wrote:Well, this will help me justify that new rifle :mrgreen:

I guess that's what those national guard troops were sent down there for?
I heard on the radio yesterday that National Guard won't be permitted to use arms, etc. They are being deployed to provide administrative services, mechanical repair, drone monitoring, etc. to lighten the load on Border Patrol agents so they can be freed to do more.
This would be a real bag of worms if they were assigned to actual patrol activities. In a perfect world, any troops (such as the Marine Sniper team aforementioned) would absolutely have to be put through a minimum training regimen that resembles Border Patrol refresher training. You don't send Military personnel to conduct Civilian Law Enforcement activities, unless they are Military Police Battalions (even they would need to be trained to an extent).

My point is that you don't just send Military personnel out on the border and expect immediate results (fix).
Yeah, I agree... I was just making the point that the NG isn't going down there to round up illegals. I did hear it mentioned today that they will also be watching for smuggled arms crossing the border in either direction although I don't know how that will be implemented.

Personally, I think this is all for show anyway. The Fed has totally failed the border states and they seem more focused on trying to denigrate AZ and challenge the constitutionality of AZ's 1070 than doing anything to actually help solve the problem. Just the comments coming out of ICE (that they won't accept illegals turned over by AZ LEOs) is enough to make me sick.

:banghead:
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”