Who is this guy running for LT. Gov?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Who is this guy running for LT. Gov?

Post by JALLEN »

I hear ads on the radio stations about this man who was Land Commissioner, a Senator and now running for Lt. Governor, Patterson IIRC is his name, claims to have written the CHL law.

Being the new kid on the political block in these parts, I'd like to know if he is the real deal, sound, and deserving.

What say you?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who is this guy running for LT. Gov?

Post by eureka40 »

This is taken from the TSRA legislative report written by Alice Tripp.

"Jerry Patterson, our current Land Commissioner, is also an announced candidate for lieutenant governor. Jerry needs little introduction to Texas gun owners as he served in the Texas Senate and was the bill author for SB 60, concealed handgun law which passed in 1995. As Land Commissioner Patterson has little direct input into the legislative process but as “Jerry Patterson”, he’s always in the halls lobbying for gun owners. Jerry’s employees at the Land Office are encouraged to get a concealed carry license. Jerry is accessible, good to work with, and most definitely pro-gun"
TSRA Life Memeber

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

Sounds like a guy I want to know more about. Will be doing my research.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:Sounds like a guy I want to know more about. Will be doing my research.
:iagree: Too good to be true?
NRA Endowment Member

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

He sanctioned the open carry event on the Alamo grounds recently

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/ ... 910274.php

Bon a petit
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

WildBill wrote:
jmra wrote:Sounds like a guy I want to know more about. Will be doing my research.
:iagree: Too good to be true?

No, not too god to be true. Jerry Patterson is the real deal and the author of the original CHL bill that passed in '95. He's got my vote. IMHO there are not enough Jerry Pattersons to go around.

Larry
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

If you're on Facebook, "like" his campaign page and you'll get a good idea of his moral compass. Very conservative, very pro-gun, and very pro military. He's a former Marine in addition to his political career. For what's its worth, I support him for Lt. Gov.

Nice little Christmas ornament his campaign web site is selling to raise funds (second item bottom page) ...

http://votepatterson.com/store/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

He sounds awesome. We shall see.
III

psijac

Post by psijac »

[youtube][/youtube]
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

A-R wrote:If you're on Facebook, "like" his campaign page and you'll get a good idea of his moral compass. Very conservative, very pro-gun, and very pro military. He's a former Marine in addition to his political career. For what's its worth, I support him for Lt. Gov.

Nice little Christmas ornament his campaign web site is selling to raise funds (second item bottom page) ...

That's the first "bad" thing I've seen about him. I don't "do" Facebook. I guess a candidate has to stoop to all sorts of nonsense to connect with voters anyway he can these days. Probably beats kissing bab(es)ies anyway.

No such thing as former Marine, BTW. Once a Marine, always a Marine, I'm told! He sounds like about my age and the 3 "very's" line up.

I'll just drag my knuckles over to the voting booth on Election Day and vote for him anyway, I guess, unless something else pops up.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jerry is a Vietnam vet.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Weird. My thinking was, "How can people on this forum NOT know about Jerry Patterson?" :headscratch
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

OldCannon wrote:Weird. My thinking was, "How can people on this forum NOT know about Jerry Patterson?" :headscratch
Well I just got here, or rather I should say, back here, after 45 years off in the land of Moonbeams. That's why I asked here... I figured folks here would know this guy and whether he was a clown or a cowboy, without a program.

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

OldCannon wrote:Weird. My thinking was, "How can people on this forum NOT know about Jerry Patterson?" :headscratch
Looking at his bio, he was elected as the Land Commissioner 3 yrs before I moved to Texas. That's probably why I didn't know who he was.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

A-R

Post by A-R »

JALLEN wrote:
A-R wrote:If you're on Facebook, "like" his campaign page and you'll get a good idea of his moral compass. Very conservative, very pro-gun, and very pro military. He's a former Marine in addition to his political career. For what's its worth, I support him for Lt. Gov.

That's the first "bad" thing I've seen about him. I don't "do" Facebook. I guess a candidate has to stoop to all sorts of nonsense to connect with voters anyway he can these days. Probably beats kissing bab(es)ies anyway.
Yep, it's the new way of the world. I'd like to just delete my account (and still may some day) but for now too many important connections I have there that I would lose if I left (groups that only exist there). :grumble
JALLEN wrote:No such thing as former Marine, BTW. Once a Marine, always a Marine, I'm told! He sounds like about my age and the 3 "very's" line up.
Very true. Got caught in the trap of not wanting you to think he was active duty. :patriot:
JALLEN wrote:I'll just drag my knuckles over to the voting booth on Election Day and vote for him anyway, I guess, unless something else pops up.
I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Get out and hear him speak some time - he attends a lot of pro-gun rallies (I heard him at the Capitol at a pro-2A rally about a year ago).

:txflag:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”