More gun regulations approved by California Senate

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Salty1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: More gun regulations approved by California Senate

Post by Salty1 »

I have given up caring about what happens in California, the residents there deserve what they are getting from the elected officials, my concern is the people leaving California and coming to Texas for jobs and the reasonable cost of living, if they bring the same mentality here then we could have major problems down the road.
Salty1

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Salty1 wrote:I have given up caring about what happens in California, the residents there deserve what they are getting from the elected officials, my concern is the people leaving California and coming to Texas for jobs and the reasonable cost of living, if they bring the same mentality here then we could have major problems down the road.

There are many good conservative people from CA that are moving to Texas to escape those Draconian laws. They need a check point at the state line to ensure the card carrying liberals stay away.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nightmare69 »

texanjoker wrote: There are many good conservative people from CA that are moving to Texas to escape those Draconian laws. They need a check point at the state line to ensure the card carrying liberals stay away.
Some might be viewed as conservative in CA eyes but Texans may view them more left wing. All my step mothers family is from CA and they thought they were conservatives, the more I talk to them the more liberal they seem.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

angretired
Posts in topic: 4

Post by angretired »

I was born and raised in Illinois. I left in 1983 when I joined the AF and have only returned to visit. When I retired from the CA ANG, I immediately moved out of CA and came to Texas. I happen to know a lot of good conservative folks that have moved from Ca to Tx for many reasons. While I don't take insult to the comments, I would caution posters not to pass judgement for businesses and citizens moving out of CA or any other liberal state, to the great state of Texas. In fact, Texas shouldn't be real concerned about liberals wanting to move here at all. Most on the left coast have a complete disdain for Texas political, social and economic preferences, not to mention the former Presidents and governors.

I consider myself a transplanted Texan and absolutely love living in this state - with the exception [abbreviated profanity deleted] the humidty. :txflag:
NRA Member
CHL - 27 Jan 2010.
Master Sergeant, USAF (RET)

chuck j
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chuck j »

Does anyone remember THE GREAT WALL OF TEXAS SOCIETY back in the 80's ?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1986 ... star-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prehaps the idea has come of age ! We have ben invaded before , I'm really not ready to start having 'puff'' parades and such .

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

angretired wrote:I was born and raised in Illinois. I left in 1983 when I joined the AF and have only returned to visit. When I retired from the CA ANG, I immediately moved out of CA and came to Texas. I happen to know a lot of good conservative folks that have moved from Ca to Tx for many reasons. While I don't take insult to the comments, I would caution posters not to pass judgement for businesses and citizens moving out of CA or any other liberal state, to the great state of Texas. In fact, Texas shouldn't be real concerned about liberals wanting to move here at all. Most on the left coast have a complete disdain for Texas political, social and economic preferences, not to mention the former Presidents and governors.

I consider myself a transplanted Texan and absolutely love living in this state - with the exception [abbreviated profanity deleted] the humidty. :txflag:
Unfortunately, it appears that Austin has been invaded by a lot of of CA Wanna-bes who appear to be working overtime to make TX look like CA. I don't think any of the "Keep Austin Weird" crowd were Texas born.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

angretired

Post by angretired »

Perhaps Texans wanting that wall may be better served to learn of their own state history before attempting to keep other "settlers" from entering the state.
NRA Member
CHL - 27 Jan 2010.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

That sounds interesting angretried , could you expand on the 'settlers' part of your post . I have loved Texas history since junior high and am always open to new info on such an amazing subject . Thanks in advance for your reply !

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

chuck j wrote:That sounds interesting angretried , could you expand on the 'settlers' part of your post . I have loved Texas history since junior high and am always open to new info on such an amazing subject . Thanks in advance for your reply !
I can't speak for angretired, but I took his "settlers" to mean those that immigrated here from other states, fought for Texas independence, died at the Alamo (including 55 men from Yankee states), and built the Republic of Texas, in which all Texas presidents were born elsewhere. MHO. :txflag:

angretired

Post by angretired »

In that case Chuck, I don't need to provide a history lesson above and beyond your Junior High research. You obviously know the "founding father of Texas", Stephen F Austin, was born in Virginia, raised in Missouri and lived in Arkansas prior to managing the colonization of Texas. You must also be well versed on the history of Sam Houston from Virginia of Irish decent and spent a number of years in Tennessee as a politician. Perhaps if both of these if neither of these fine statesman chose not to settle in Texas, Texas may still very well be under Mexican control.

G26ster, you are exactly on point.
NRA Member
CHL - 27 Jan 2010.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

You know I am starting to agree with you , Texas could use a culture change , my 14 year old daughter has never seen a 'puff' parade . Time to get with the program and join the new millennia . We could probably be enriched by California type culture , many new areas to explore there . Ohhh you might want to check on the Mexican control thing , they say 18 to 25 years out on that one , teach your kids spanish . Again I thank you for your reply ! I hear 'Moonbeam' is not running again , maybe she could run for governor here .
Last edited by chuck j on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angretired

Post by angretired »

Chuck, I'll just end my part of this communication with a famous quote for you to consider.

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln -16th US President.
NRA Member
CHL - 27 Jan 2010.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Thanks for taking the time and care in your offer of those wise words , google is amazing .
Last edited by chuck j on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

angretired wrote:
Well said. I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

There are many non-native Texans posting on this forum, many of us are even those icky transplanted Californians. Believe it or not outside of the major metropolitan areas in CA, there are quite a few conservatives in California. The Central Valley is routinely derided for being conservative. The right is simply out numbered and rendered impotent there.

Texas is my newer home for many reasons and the political landscape is definitely one reason. I'm proud of this fact but California will always be where I'm from and I have an interest in seeing them do well. It should be a point of grieving for all of us to see any of our fellow Man stripped of more of his God given rights.
Psalm 91:2

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Salty1 wrote:I have given up caring about what happens in California, the residents there deserve what they are getting from the elected officials
Unfortunately isolationist policies in the past have not been beneficial in the least to those who operated under them. We need to be in engaged on every front and every level available. We can't allow a them and us situation to arise in regards our civil rights.
We are all citizens of these United States, well at least most of us are, any infringement that can be instituted in one state, can surely be instituted in another.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”