CNN Gun Control Poll

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

clarionite
Posts in topic: 3

Re: CNN Gun Control Poll

Post by clarionite »

tuna wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:And you need to understand that with first posts like this, YOU have zero credibility here!
Why is that? You're saying the dead kids don't matter?
No, Disingenuous attempts to "Keep the children safe" that are actually laws intended to infringe on constitutional rights shouldn't be considered.
Hostile attacks and attempts at emotional baiting as your first post is the reason you have zero credibility.

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 7

Post by canvasbck »

tuna wrote:
longhorn_92 wrote:YOU came here to push buttons and to look for a "fight". Have a fantastic day. I am done with you.
Not fight, discussion. You went to fight mode, tossing SPAM accusations. Regardless, I just wanted to see how my opinion could be better informed. I don't get the hate and distrust.
Why Tuna, are you ignoring me? I see your still online but still not interested in an informed, fact based debate.

Sorry to all for feeding the troll.......I can't help myself.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

tuna
Posts in topic: 21

Post by tuna »

canvasbck wrote:Alright troll, I'll bite.
I am not a troll, but if that helps you dehumanize me and lessen civility, fine.
Yes, dead kids matter and the 20 children killed at Sandy Hook, although tragic, pales in comparison to those killed by drowning in pools EVERY YEAR, not a one time event, but an ongoing sensless slaughter of children so that we can lounge by the pool.
I don't get the comparison, unless it's sarcastic. Pools don't acquire weapons and attack.
The president ignored the only idea that was actually aimed at protecting schools......
Which idea are you referring to? Arming teachers?
The ideas that you and your ilk spout forward do nothing ...
There's that definite lack of civility. I have children, I have parents, I want to live in a safe society and be content. I'm not trying to toss "leftist talking points" around, and I don't think of myself as leftist.
Try reading a little and learning some facts, when your ready for an informed, fact based debate, there are scores here ready for that debate.
Yeah, that's why I'm here and why I posted.

tuna

Post by tuna »

canvasbck wrote:Why Tuna, are you ignoring me? I see your still online but still not interested in an informed, fact based debate. ...
Sorry, not ignoring at all... just not a fast typist.

tuna

Post by tuna »

clarionite wrote:No, Disingenuous attempts to "Keep the children safe" that are actually laws intended to infringe on constitutional rights shouldn't be considered.
If you perceive me as being disingenuous, it's not intentional. I'm reacting emotionally, but I hope it's not clouding my reasoning.
Hostile attacks and attempts at emotional baiting as your first post is the reason you have zero credibility.
I stated that I voted "All" on a poll. I didn't think that would be construed as hostile. As for first post, what can I say? We all have to start sometime.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

tuna wrote:
canvasbck wrote:Alright troll, I'll bite.
I am not a troll, but if that helps you dehumanize me and lessen civility, fine. Your very first post in a CHL forum was one touting gun control with no real data to back it up, hence the troll
Yes, dead kids matter and the 20 children killed at Sandy Hook, although tragic, pales in comparison to those killed by drowning in pools EVERY YEAR, not a one time event, but an ongoing sensless slaughter of children so that we can lounge by the pool.
I don't get the comparison, unless it's sarcastic. Pools don't acquire weapons and attack.Not sarcastic at all, pools kill lots of inoccent children every year, they do not ever protect the innocent from evil. Firearms were used to kill 20 children but are used to save the lives of hundreds of innocent victims every year
The president ignored the only idea that was actually aimed at protecting schools......
Which idea are you referring to? Arming teachers?yes
The ideas that you and your ilk spout forward do nothing ...
There's that definite lack of civility. I have children, I have parents, I want to live in a safe society and be content. I'm not trying to toss "leftist talking points" around, and I don't think of myself as leftist.Then why come here and throw out a purely emotional argument with absolutely nothing to indicate that we should abandon our core belief for? Also, if you are going to quote me, please include the entire quote, you omitted the most important part of that statement
Try reading a little and learning some facts, when your ready for an informed, fact based debate, there are scores here ready for that debate.
Yeah, that's why I'm here and why I posted.You have not made one single fact based or informed arguement yet

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RPB »

I"m trying to remember which school was it in Taiwan or Israel where they have armed people and had a mass shooting ... oh yeah, none. Maybe it was that incident at Harrold ISD where they've been armed for what? 5 years ... you know the incident where .... oh yeah, nothing happened. Could be that School in Texas where armed parents drop off kids and pick them up and walk around campus armed? ... nah
Last edited by RPB on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

fickman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by fickman »

Violent criminals go free every year because they have a 5th Amendment right not to incriminate themselves. Where is the proposal to erode and regulate its use?

If we could erode the 4th Amendment, think of how many innocents could be protected by surprise searches on all citizens. Where is the proposal to abridge this right? Criminals are hiding behind their front doors in neighborhoods all over our land, and we aren't trying to get rid of the probable cause requirement?

The 2nd Amendment says "shall not be infringed". End of discussion. No stats needed. No debate necessary. Freedom has consequences... good and bad. If you don't like the law, try to get the Constitution amended again. The only way to remove an individual's Constitutional right is through due process of law (courts).

The tragedy of Newtown is that the teachers, administrators, and parents had their rights to be armed infringed in violation of the 2nd Amendment. They were defenseless. Maybe nobody would have chosen to exercise their right. That'd be their choice. Maybe one would have. Maybe they would have stopped the shooter. Maybe they wouldn't have. But, at the moment an assassin's gun pointed their direction, they deserved the dignity to defend themselves if they had so chosen, and they were denied that dignity. End of story..
Last edited by fickman on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Native Texian

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

tuna wrote:
clarionite wrote:No, Disingenuous attempts to "Keep the children safe" that are actually laws intended to infringe on constitutional rights shouldn't be considered.
If you perceive me as being disingenuous, it's not intentional. I'm reacting emotionally, but I hope it's not clouding my reasoning.
I stated that I voted "All" on a poll. I didn't think that would be construed as hostile. As for first post, what can I say? We all have to start sometime.
Yes, your being emotional and it is severly clouding your judgement. The good, law abiding folks here are just as passionate about protecting innocent children, including those who have not yet been born, as anyone. We want to see the same level of protection afforded to our children at school that we, as CHL holders, provide to them whenever they are not at school.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RPB »

canvasbck wrote:
tuna wrote:
Yes, your being emotional and it is severly clouding your judgement. The good, law abiding folks here are just as passionate about protecting innocent children, including those who have not yet been born, as anyone. We want to see the same level of protection afforded to our children at school that we, as CHL holders, provide to them whenever they are not at school.
Exactly :iagree:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

tuna

Post by tuna »

RPB wrote: Here's a link to the Introduce yourself thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33&p=760320&hilit= ... ce#p760320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, I posted a little about myself.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 3

Post by clarionite »

tuna wrote:
I perceive the president as disingenuous. Masking attempts to infringe on my rights as attempts to "Keep the children safe".

As far as hostile, if you honestly believe your first post wasn't hostile... I'm not interested in continuing the conversation.

tuna

Post by tuna »

fickman wrote:The tragedy of Newtown is that the teachers, administrators, and parents had their rights to be armed infringed in violation of the 2nd Amendment. They were defenseless. Maybe nobody would have chosen to exercise their right. That'd be their choice. Maybe one would have. Maybe they would have stopped the shooter. Maybe they wouldn't have. But, at the moment an assassin's gun pointed their direction, they deserved the dignity to defend themselves if they had so chosen, and they were denied that dignity. End of story..
Dignity is an odd word here. Good point, though. You have given me food for thought.

tuna

Post by tuna »

canvasbck wrote:Yes, your being emotional and it is severly clouding your judgement. The good, law abiding folks here are just as passionate about protecting innocent children, including those who have not yet been born, as anyone. We want to see the same level of protection afforded to our children at school that we, as CHL holders, provide to them whenever they are not at school.
I think this is my biggest stumbling block with your argument. Are schools the right place for weapons? I think of innocence and youth, and introducing a firearm into that environment makes my brain explode.

tuna

Post by tuna »

clarionite wrote:As far as hostile, if you honestly believe your first post wasn't hostile... I'm not interested in continuing the conversation.
Yeah, I don't see it as hostile... it's an opinion, and I posted it because I wanted debate. If you disagree with what I say, that doesn't make it hostile. I'm sorry if I scared you away.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”