Sen Cruz to Oppose Gun Control

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Sen Cruz to Oppose Gun Control

Post by Kythas »

Senator Cruz had a conference call with reporters after his swearing in today. The Dallas Morning News published some notes their reporter took during this call.

Among the notes:
He’ll resist any effort to tighten gun laws in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., in particular a bill from California Sen. Dianne Feinstein. “Gun registries have been used as a preface to confiscation,” Cruz said, arguing that the federal government should never be allowed to keep track of legally-owned firearms and their owners. “It’s a tragedy, but it’s not a tragedy that should be answered by restricting the constitutional rights of all Americans,” Cruz said.
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/ ... trol.html/
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

brainman

Re: Sen Cruz to Oppose Gun Control

Post by brainman »

I'm glad to see this. When I wrote to Kay B Hutchinson, her response did not make me happy.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

brainman wrote:I'm glad to see this. When I wrote to Kay B Hutchinson, her response did not make me happy.
She is now officially no longer a Senator. :txflag:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I sure hope he resists. I voted for him.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I'm not the least bit surprised. That's why I voted for him.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

:thumbs2: Now that he's official, maybe he'll have an official 'talk to me' website?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
brainman wrote:I'm glad to see this. When I wrote to Kay B Hutchinson, her response did not make me happy.
She is now officially no longer a Senator. :txflag:
Bye-bye... :seeya:

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Oldgringo wrote::thumbs2: Now that he's official, maybe he'll have an official 'talk to me' website?
So far, just this:

http://www.senate.gov/senators/113th_Co ... uz_Ted.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried http://www.cruz.senate.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it also forwards to the above.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

It probably takes a day or two to get everything set up. Since this is still the gov't we're talking about, it takes longer & costs more than you'd think...
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Ted wasn't supposed to win the nomination so I hope he remembers who put him in that position and it sure wasn't the party elite. Maybe if he shows some backbone up there it will get contaigous, and the wishy washy Repubs and even a few dems will say nope.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

Post by 77346 »

I don't expect anything less from Ted Cruz, recipient of the 2012 NRA's Harlon B. Carter-George S. Knight Freedom Fund award. He's going to fight this to the finish! And he knows Texas Conservatives elected him to the senate.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

Senator Ted Cruz is a bright ray of sunshine in a rather dismal political climate. I believe he could become an influential leader who can become a real game changer for support of our Second Amendment rights. He, obviously, is not afraid to take on the Washington establishment! GOOD FOR HIM AND EVEN BETTER FOR US!

I hope he will continue to speak out and garner as much attention and publicity as possible. I urge you to write to him and let him know "WE HAVE HIS BACK COVERED!"
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”