So What Should I buy?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nedmoore
Posts in topic: 1

So What Should I buy?

Post by nedmoore »

With the upcoming anti-gun legislation coming, what will you be buying? Tried to order some 30 mags on line today for my ar but they are on back order..
What handguns are being targeted?

AEA

Re: So What Should I buy?

Post by AEA »

A good rule of thumb is to buy ANYTHING you can find in stock! :biggrinjester:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Gameover

Post by Gameover »

I'm thinking of buying a .22 but I dont think I will have a problem find one :mrgreen: If your looking for something black and scary looking in that deadly .223 cal then you better have some deep pockets. Good luck!
Question everything

newTexan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by newTexan »

AEA wrote:A good rule of thumb is to buy ANYTHING you can find in stock! :biggrinjester:
Which will likely be approximately nothing. I've been saving up for a "fun gun" or two, but now that the Christmas and year-end bonus cash has rolled in and I can really afford to splurge on myself, there's not much to be had. All I'm seeing on local shelves are .22lr guns.

At this point, I've made a list of what I want, and if I see it then it's probably mine. Sadly, I don't know if I'll see anything until after the whole ban thing dies (please little Baby Jesus please) and/or manufacturers can replenish stock.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I itching for semi-autio 308.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Bob in Big D

Post by Bob in Big D »

They are out there if you are willing to pay the price!
Gun Control Means Using Two Hands!

Post by 77346 »

Nedmore, I think you're a bit late... there is nothing left! :shock:
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

equin

Post by equin »

newTexan wrote:...All I'm seeing on local shelves are .22lr guns.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any .22LR ammo.

As to what to buy, just remember that if Senator Feinstein's bill is passed as it is currently proposed, you'll have to comply with the expensive and unduly burdensome registration requirements if you buy what may be considered an "assault rifle."
Ed

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

nedmoore wrote:With the upcoming anti-gun legislation coming, what will you be buying?
That ship started sailing about last Labor Day. There was a second sailing on Election Day. The ship is no longer in sight of land.

Ever heard of Aesop's "The Ant and the Grasshopper"?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

newTexan

Post by newTexan »

equin wrote: As to what to buy, just remember that if Senator Feinstein's bill is passed as it is currently proposed, you'll have to comply with the expensive and unduly burdensome registration requirements if you buy what may be considered an "assault rifle."
...and just about everything will be an "assault" weapon of some kind... assault rifle, assault shotgun, assault 1911, assault revolver... then eventually assault folding knife, assault kitchen knife, assault steak knife... and if Bloomberg gets his way then it's assault cheeseburger...

posse

Post by posse »

newTexan wrote:and if Bloomberg gets his way then it's assault cheeseburger...
Don't forget the evil high capacity soft drink. :roll:

To answer the OP's question, I'm only buying things that are within 10% of their price two months ago. I'm willing to pay a small premium during the storm, but I have 7 unopened bulk packs of .22LR and even shooting 200-300 rounds per week that will last until into the second quarter of next year. So I can afford to wait.

Last weekend I traded a semi AK with 1 magazine for a nice 30-30 with 300 rounds of softpoint hunting ammo for it. I think both of us think we got the better side of that deal. :lol:

Lonest4r

Post by Lonest4r »

My brother was able to pick up an AR-15 DPMS oracle two days ago at Cabelas. $699, but I built mine with better parts for the same money.
LONEST4R
7/24/10 Class- 8/28/10 Plastic!
Glock 26 in Horsehide Supertuck

newTexan

Post by newTexan »

posse wrote:
Don't forget the evil high capacity soft drink. :roll: :
On the other hand, he's got a point. Really, some people get burgers that are clearly not just for eating. I support our culinary rights, but there has to be sensible burger regulations. I would propose a ban on assault burgers which we can define as any burger with more than two of the following: an extra patty, lettuce, cheese, tomato, pickle, raw onion, mayo, ketchup, or mustard OR any burger with any ONE assault characteristic like bacon, barbecue sauce, cream cheese, guac, special sauce, caramelized onions, or an extra piece of bread in the middle.

This would allow American burger-eaters to enjoy their food, while protecting us from these evil assault burgers that are causing so much obesity in our country. As you know, medical problems from obesity kill more people than guns. As a fat person myself, I know that if there were no assault burgers available, I'd be a slim and trim Olympic athlete today!

KingOfDirk

Post by KingOfDirk »

newTexan wrote:
posse wrote:
Don't forget the evil high capacity soft drink. :roll: :
On the other hand, he's got a point. Really, some people get burgers that are clearly not just for eating. I support our culinary rights, but there has to be sensible burger regulations. I would propose a ban on assault burgers which we can define as any burger with more than two of the following: an extra patty, lettuce, cheese, tomato, pickle, raw onion, mayo, ketchup, or mustard OR any burger with any ONE assault characteristic like bacon, barbecue sauce, cream cheese, guac, special sauce, caramelized onions, or an extra piece of bread in the middle.

This would allow American burger-eaters to enjoy their food, while protecting us from these evil assault burgers that are causing so much obesity in our country. As you know, medical problems from obesity kill more people than guns. As a fat person myself, I know that if there were no assault burgers available, I'd be a slim and trim Olympic athlete today!

This, Friend, is a quality post. Hat's off to you.
"...the person who loves everybody and feels at home everywhere is the true hater of mankind. He expects nothing of men, so no form of depravity can outrage him."

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”