Electoral Votes

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Electoral Votes

Post by Oldgringo »

I'm really surprised that this thread has been allowed to go on as long as it has. It seems to have wandered off the subject of electoral votes onto the paths of religious dogma....not that there's anything wrong with that.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 20

Post by anygunanywhere »

pbwalker wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote: Oldgringo, you speak of which you do not know. The Catholic Church does not impose mores, beliefs, and judgements on others.

The Catholic Church has been the steadfast source of Truth for 2,000 years. If you look at history and the teaching of all other world religions their teachings have changes with the times and social engineering. The Catholic Church's teaching is the same today as it always has been.

You are also wrong about one other point in your post. God will not sort 'em out. When we die we sort ourselves out. When we die we judge ourselves because we then understand fully His Right and Truth. These are no longer clouded. We decide to go to either heaven (purgatory for those with imperfections) or heck. If you die outside of God's loving grace you cannot stand to be in His presence.

This might be difficult for some to accept but it is the truth.

Please stop judging the Catholic Church in your posts such as these because they are not true.

Anygunanywhere
:shock:

There's a lot of wrong, and a lot of opinion in this post.

I know of several Catholic hospitals that do not perform tubal ligation procedures, even when requested. Why is that?
Tubal ligations are against Church dogma. Others answered this well.

I apologize for my contributions to thread hijack.

If anyone here would like questions answered on Catholicism they can go to http://www.catholic.com forums and search for answers.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Well, since this thread is so far off-topic anyway, I guess it's OK for me to mention this...

On the news last night, they said the Pope was going to get a twitter account. For some reason, that strikes me as humorous.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 14

Post by mamabearCali »

I think thread wandering is all part of an online community. On the popes twitter.....I a, not catholic, but I think it is an excellent way to communicate with the next generation.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

It just seemed a little odd to me for somebody to 'tweet' the Pope.
And more than a little worrysome to RECEIVE a tweet from the Pope.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

It does sound rather humorous.....but then I find twitter ridiculous....I guess I am old fashioned and think one should update posts on Facebook instead! "rlol"

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 6

Post by canvasbck »

Oldgringo wrote:I'm really surprised that this thread has been allowed to go on as long as it has. It seems to have wandered off the subject of electoral votes onto the paths of religious dogma....not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's because were not counting electoral votes any more
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

Oldgringo wrote:the paths of religious dogma....not that there's anything wrong with that.
It's an example how some think "the rules" are for other people. Including forum rules.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

C-dub wrote:I'm just beside myself. I have two nephews, one that can vote and the other one year too young, that are glad the obamanation was re-elected. They didn't get this from their parents. My brother and SIL both voted for Romney. How do you folks with liberal relatives deal with this? I love them, but I don't know if I'll be able to speak to them again without loosing it.
Cut them out of the will and tell them their inheritance is going to people who need it more than they do. Stop supporting them financially RIGHT NOW and let them learn about hard work and taxes and the real world.

Like any other addict, you have to stop enabling their addiction. Tough love.

talltex
Posts in topic: 11

Post by talltex »

sjfcontrol wrote:And more than a little worrysome to RECEIVE a tweet from the Pope.

:smilelol5:
now that's funny...that would tend to make a person pucker up a little...
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

Kythas wrote:Alfonzo Rachel gives a great explanation on why Republicans lost. If y'all haven't been watching his videos, you should.

http://alfonzorachel.com/915/one-of-the ... presidency
Not the complete story.. but.. very well said.
Worth watching. Thanks for sharing.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

smoothoperator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by smoothoperator »

mamabearCali wrote:They are forcing by law religious people who believe that abortion is a sin to participate in it financially. How is that different than forcing a Jew to serve pork?
Since you asked, I think requiring an observant Jew or Muslim to serve pork would be more like requiring you to perform an abortion. Direct involvement in the act.

Using your tax dollars to pay for abortions is more like using an observant Jew's or Muslim's tax dollars to pay for a school lunch hot dog containing pork, or food stamps that can be used to buy bacon. Or using a pacifist's tax dollars to fund the military. :evil2:

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

smoothoperator wrote: Since you asked, I think requiring an observant Jew or Muslim to serve pork would be more like requiring you to perform an abortion. Direct involvement in the act.

Using your tax dollars to pay for abortions is more like using an observant Jew's or Muslim's tax dollars to pay for a school lunch hot dog containing pork, or food stamps that can be used to buy bacon. Or using a pacifist's tax dollars to fund the military. :evil2:

Yes, because forcing catholic hospitals and catholic employers to give out contraception or close their doors is exactly the same as tax payer funded baloney sandwiches. They are forcing them to "participate."

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

it's not just the catholic hospitals....it's the complete redefinition of "secular". "secular" now means "any business that makes a profit", doesn't matter if it's Zodervan press, Lifeway Christian Bookstore, or the little t-shirt cafe in your church....if it makes a profit, it's "secular" and must fulfill it's health mandate duties (so that probably does knock out the t-shirt cafe in your church).
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

sjfcontrol wrote:It just seemed a little odd to me for somebody to 'tweet' the Pope.
And more than a little worrysome to RECEIVE a tweet from the Pope.
I do not tweet, but it's gotta be better than poking him on FB, which I haven't done either and am not entirely sure of what it is anyway.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”