Am I paranoid?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Am I paranoid?

Post by WildBill »

MasterOfNone wrote:
WildBill wrote:I don't think you have to worry about rioting from people who sit around waiting for the government to hand out free phones.
Are these not the same people involved in most riots?
I don't know for sure, but I think it would be those with criminal records or tendencies who would promote and start the riots. That's why it's important to nip them in the bud before mob rule takes over.

I am just guessing, but I would think that most people waiting for handouts don't have the initiative to go out and riot until it is well underway. After that the "gimme people" can go out and loot and get "free stuff" after most of the danger has passed.

That is my opinion, for what it's worth. :tiphat:
Last edited by WildBill on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Wienerdogtroy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wienerdogtroy »

Not too worried at the house. Will be extra aware at work in downtown Houston, but I'm always aware in downtown Houston. :leaving

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

CC Italian wrote:If it does happen I think it will be limited to the inner-city and nothing long lasting. It will just be a small group of trouble makers if anything happens. I don't see the revolution coming no matter who wins. I have heard so many say it both ways. If Romney wins African Americans are going to riot and burn the cities and if Obama wins the end is near. It won't come to that. Conspiracy theory stuff imo.

In fact I would bet money that if there were riots that they wouldn't be near as bad as the ones in England or even France the last few years. Life will go on it's not the end either way it goes!

It could only last until Dec. 21...that's the end of the world as we know it. :biggrinjester:
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

HenryAKirk

Post by HenryAKirk »

C-dub wrote:Looks like November 4, is going to be gun cleaning day at C-dub's house.
:iagree:
Same for the Kirk family
:patriot: Everyone has been given a gift in life...And warriors have been given the gift of aggression.These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs Lt. Col. Dave Grossman :txflag:

Topic author
MolonLabe
Posts in topic: 7

Post by MolonLabe »

CC Italian wrote:If Romney wins African Americans are going to riot and burn the cities and if Obama wins the end is near. It won't come to that. Conspiracy theory stuff imo.
IMHO, If Obama wins, economic collapse will be far from a conspiracy theory, it will be an unavoidable reality. Rome will burn......and it will make potential riots due to a Romney win seem like kids play.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bizarrenormality wrote:Riots are like stampedes. If you drop the leaders you can turn the tide.
Send a Texas Ranger to each city around the country where there's a riot. One riot, one Ranger, right? How many riots would there be? DPS has enough Rangers.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr surveyor »

jocat54 wrote:
CC Italian wrote:If it does happen I think it will be limited to the inner-city and nothing long lasting. It will just be a small group of trouble makers if anything happens. I don't see the revolution coming no matter who wins. I have heard so many say it both ways. If Romney wins African Americans are going to riot and burn the cities and if Obama wins the end is near. It won't come to that. Conspiracy theory stuff imo.

In fact I would bet money that if there were riots that they wouldn't be near as bad as the ones in England or even France the last few years. Life will go on it's not the end either way it goes!

It could only last until Dec. 21...that's the end of the world as we know it. :biggrinjester:

BINGO! :cool:
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

No matter who wins, when the spigot of bleeding debt is almost shut off, riots would hit the streets. Will happen no matter who wins.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

Has anyone noticed a drop in ammo supply or a run up in prices as the election draws nearer?
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

CC Italian wrote: If Romney wins African Americans are going to riot and burn the cities and if Obama wins the end is near. It won't come to that. Conspiracy theory stuff imo.
What is an african american? That term is so ridiculous. As for the possible rioting and burning of our cities, I think the issue with this administration and failed policy transcend race. White, black, whatever the color of your skin, it won't matter if you cannot work, feed your family or pay your bills. Vote yes! Apologize for your beliefs NEVER.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

If Romney surges past Obummer by 8 or 9 points after the next debate, be prepared for a major event. I don't put anything past this administration.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Bring it.

Maybe when the moronic pustules sucking on the government teat show their true colors then more will take notice and do what is right for this country.

Anyone who has the intelligence to know where these events are most likely to occur also know that it is very doubtful they will occur anywhere near where the vast majority of us reside. There are some areas in Texas where these leeches congregate but this behavior will be dealt with swiftly, I predict.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

jmra wrote:If Romney surges past Obummer by 8 or 9 points after the next debate, be prepared for a major event. I don't put anything past this administration.
You may be correct: Read more here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/10/world ... risis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

A lot of people on Twitter are threatening to riot if Romney is elected, so it may not be an unreasonable fear.

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/09/new-civil ... mney-wins/
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

AlphaWhiskey

Post by AlphaWhiskey »

I tend to share the concerns of the OP, and feel that the info that Kythas just brought up tends to reinforce my concern. If you look back to the LA Riots, there was no socia media and cell phones were still out of grasp for most folks. Somehow, people still had no problem spreading the word and getting a serious riot started. Look to Katrina, cell towers and service were down. No power, so no internet for those in New Orleans. Still, lots of bad things happened. I admit the comparison is somewhat apples to grapes, being as one riot was over a court decision and the other an unfortunate side effect of a massive natural disaster. My point is that it didn't take much to be able to organize people and start doing bad things.

Flash forward to today and you have hosts of "flash" mobs that tweet their way to mobbing or even looting places in a time of relative peace and law and order. They use social media and texts to quickly spread the word and gather en masse. It wouldn't take much of a spark to ignite an already smoldering population that is either upset with the results of an election OR gets upset when their assistance dries up. It could be as simple as disenfranchised youth looking to blow off a little steam turing into a full on riot that would make LA in 1992 look like Disney Land across many of the large population centers in our country. I hope and pray that this does not come to be, but I can certainly see how easy (IMO) it could happen and will remain cautious.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”