Stand Your Ground in Danger

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

A-R
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Stand Your Ground in Danger

Post by A-R »

You know what I love about protests over "stand your ground"? These folks are standing their ground in protest of others standing their ground. If the police or university administrators or anyone else told this crowd to disperse, they'd be all up in arms about their rights to stand there and protest.

What is difference between Stand Your Ground and Occupy?

above all semi tongue-in-cheek of course :mrgreen:

VMI77
Posts in topic: 43

Post by VMI77 »

Other photos of Treyvon the media won't show you: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2864155/posts

Note his screen name on Twitter.

His Twitter page before it got taken down: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... GA&ct=clnk

Note the background photo: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... ge=100#100
That charming face is the mugshot of rapper Corey Miller, aka C-Murder, who is doing life without parole for beating up and shooting to death 16-year-old Steve Thomas in 2002 at a night club in Harvey, Louisiana. Quite the hero for Trayvon to worship!
Maybe he really is the president's son.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The image of Treyvon in the media photoshopped to make him look younger and more innocent? Looks like it....http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivoro ... tered.html

Original photo: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/22/2 ... -teen.html
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Was Treyvon a drug dealer? http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/ ... rug-dealer
Several of his friends have posted pictures of rolled blunts to twitter in memorial to Trayvon.
There is also fairly direct evidence that Trayvon may have been a small-time drug-dealer.

On Facebook on February 5th, his friend posts on his wall asking to talk business. Trayvon says he doesn’t have a phone available and his friend says, “Damn were u at a nigga needa plant.”

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Was Zimmerman an Obama voter? More disruption for the left's narrative: http://freebeacon.com/registered-dem-killed-trayvon/
The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat.

George Michael Zimmerman, born Oct. 5, 1983, registered as a Democrat in Seminole County, Fla., in August 2002, according to state voter registration documents.

It is unclear whether he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008.

matriculated

Post by matriculated »

Keith B wrote:
matriculated wrote: Why don't you wait for the GJ to make a determination before jumping the gun like that and creating a scenario all on your own that differs with many other skeptical, intelligent people's versions of events...? Huh? What are you, impatient?

Ok, #1: No, I'm not in favor of an innocent person going to prison under any circumstances, but clearly I don't think that Zimmerman's innocent. Don't stuff thoughts in my mind and words in my mouth.
OK, talk about a conflict of your views in the same post. I think we have the possum calling the hog long faced.

Bottom line, do not try to tell another member how they should be patient and not form opionions when you clearly have your mind made up he is guilty.
The first highlighted section was meant with tongue firmly placed in cheek. In the post prior to that I was explaining why I find calls for "patience" redundant.

Zooming out for a moment to take a look at the forest, there seems to be general concensus that Zimmerman acted stupidly. Even many of his defenders say that he made a foolish decision getting out of the car, following Martin, etc. My understanding is that if you do something stupid and someone ends up dead as the final result, that's called manslaughter.

About Zimmerman: unfortunately for him, I think any semblance of a normal life going forward is probably impossible. Probably the best thing that could happen to him right now is to get indicted and convicted, spend a few years in the big house, get out early for good behavior, and hope that by then nobody will remember this incident. That way he might have a chance at a normal life. He's still young, only 28. If, however, he gets acquitted, adios normal life forever. People will know who he is, he will get recognized, and there are always people out there willing to do violence if they feel the justice system didn't do its job. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's reality. He'll always have to look over his shoulder for as long as he's alive. He would become the OJ of central FL (and I'm not talking about the delicious FL orange juice).

bayouhazard
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bayouhazard »

]
matriculated wrote:Why don't you wait for the GJ to make a determination before jumping the gun like that and creating a scenario all on your own that differs with many other skeptical, intelligent people's versions of events...? Huh?
I held my tongue before but I think this shows that you're a troll. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you coincidentally joined two weeks ago, half your posts are related to the Trayvon shooting, and you expressed very strong opinions that Zimmerman is guilty and should be locked up for a long time. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Until Now.

The TRUTH is that the Martin family are the ones who were not willing to wait for the grand jury. It was Sharpton and Jackson and other misLeaders who rushed to judgement that Zimmerman was guilty, despite the police report and eyewitness statements, and weren't willing to wait for the grand jury. It was racists who demanded Federal investigation and a special prosecutor BEFORE the grand jury met. It was Obama who fanned the fires by jumping to conclusins based on how Trayvon looked, compared to how George looks. It was a domestc terror group who offered a $10,000 bounty on the head of George Zimmerman, once again before the grand jury meets.

It's you and your fellow travelers who are rushing to judgement before the facts were known. For you to accuse others of impatience... Well, that was when I knew you were a troll.

And now I know why you're trying so hard to link this to Stand Your Ground.

matriculated

Post by matriculated »

bayouhazard wrote:]
matriculated wrote:Why don't you wait for the GJ to make a determination before jumping the gun like that and creating a scenario all on your own that differs with many other skeptical, intelligent people's versions of events...? Huh?
I held my tongue before but I think this shows that you're a troll. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you coincidentally joined two weeks ago, half your posts are related to the Trayvon shooting, and you expressed very strong opinions that Zimmerman is guilty and should be locked up for a long time. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Until Now.

The TRUTH is that the Martin family are the ones who were not willing to wait for the grand jury. It was Sharpton and Jackson and other misLeaders who rushed to judgement that Zimmerman was guilty, despite the police report and eyewitness statements, and weren't willing to wait for the grand jury. It was racists who demanded Federal investigation and a special prosecutor BEFORE the grand jury met. It was Obama who fanned the fires by jumping to conclusins based on how Trayvon looked, compared to how George looks. It was a domestc terror group who offered a $10,000 bounty on the head of George Zimmerman, once again before the grand jury meets.

It's you and your fellow travelers who are rushing to judgement before the facts were known. For you to accuse others of impatience... Well, that was when I knew you were a troll.

And now I know why you're trying so hard to link this to Stand Your Ground.
Read my previous post. I thought it was pretty obvious I was saying that tongue-in-cheek. I guess not.

v-rog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by v-rog »

I agree, Chris. Clearly many people that are rushing to judgement and condemning Zimmerman are ignorant about the laws on the books. I say let the police do their job and if oversight is necessary, than let it be. All of this outrage tells me that many people are acting out of their (racial) fears and hurts.

I also watched Anderson Cooper's interview with the Black Panther group. The BP representative kept saying; "We are soldiers..." My question is, in what army? It's not the same army I joined... I thought that bounties were limited to the NFL... ;-)
The Annoyed Man wrote:More information: http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... 2_4m2JSR8E
"George Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, and had an injury to the back of his head, he was attacked by Trayvon Martin on that evening," Sonner said. "This was a case of self defense."

When asked why Zimmerman went after Martin, even though a 911 dispatcher told him not to, Sonner said: "Those are questions that will be answered."

{snip}

Sonner insisted that Zimmerman is not a racist, pointing out that he and his wife mentored for two black children for free.

"When I asked this mother [of the mentees], who trusted [Zimmerman and his wife], and she's an African-American, if she trusted George Zimmerman, she said she did, and I asked her if there was anything that caused her to believe that she was a racist, and she said, 'Absolutely not.' And I said, went further, 'Did you ever hear him use racial slurs in any time that you'd been around him?' And she said, 'no' as well," Sonner said.

{snip}

"There are people who have accused George of profiling, well, I would think as a watch commander you are keeping an eye out for people you don't recognize in your neighborhood," Oliver said.

"The reason why he was following this suspicious person that he saw was because the neighborhood had a rash of break-ins," he said. "George had no intention of taking anyone's life. He cried for days after."

Oliver said the headlines have taken a toll on Zimmerman, his wife, and his family.

"He's moved, they've disconnected their phone numbers, they're in hiding, they're fearful," Oliver said.
Meanwhile, the racist group New Black Panthers has put a $10,000 reward on Zimmerman's head. That is tantamount to solicitation of murder. If anyone harms a hair on Zimmerman's head before this dustup is resolved, the NBP leaders should be tried and imprisoned. If he is killed, they should get the death penalty for cold bloodedly conspiring to have him murdered.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1050370
The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain who killed unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” leader Mikhail Muhammad said after announcing the reward for George Zimmerman at a protest in Sanford, Fla.

Muhammad called on 5,000 black men to mobilize and capture the neighborhood watch volunteer.

“If the government won’t do the job, we’ll do it,” Muhammad said, leading chants that included “freedom or death” and “justice for Trayvon.”

Muhammad said New Black Panther’s chairman, Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, was taking donations from black entertainers and athletes.

RIGHT BLASTS OBAMA FOR HIS COMMENTS ON SLAIN TEEN

The group hopes to collect $1 million off the outrage by next week.

New Black Panthers members pointed to what they called the inaction of government officials — from Sanford city officials up to the governor — and accused them of lying and delaying justice.

They also said Angela Corley, the newly appointed special prosecutor, was an enemy of the black community.

“She has a track record of sending innocent young black men and women to prison,” Muhammad said.

The Southern Poverty Law Center calls the New Black Panther Party, a black-separatist group created in 1989, “virulently racist and anti-Semitic.”
For the record, the Southern Poverty Law Center is ultra, ULTRA liberal.....so when even they call the NBP party virulently racist, you know it has to be true. These would be the same jack wagons who stood outside of polling places with billy clubs to intimidate white voters......and the Holder "Justice" department refused to investigate it. I predict that if they hurt Zimmerman, they'll walk with no punishment, as long as Holder is in office............yes, the same Holder who authorized the sale of weapons to narco traffickers, and who obstructed the investigation into it. That Holder. He's a racist SOB too.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Did someone actually imply that every forum member had smoke marijuana at some point? Because I, for one, have NOT...I've smoked way too many tobacco cigarettes (before I quit a few months ago) and I've drank my fair share of cold beers and other alcoholic concoctions during my time with the USAF...but I have, once again, NEVER smoked marijuana nor have I ever taken any other illegal drugs, not even once, not even "just to try it". And I have no desire to start.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

matriculated wrote:
Keith B wrote:
matriculated wrote: Why don't you wait for the GJ to make a determination before jumping the gun like that and creating a scenario all on your own that differs with many other skeptical, intelligent people's versions of events...? Huh? What are you, impatient?

Ok, #1: No, I'm not in favor of an innocent person going to prison under any circumstances, but clearly I don't think that Zimmerman's innocent. Don't stuff thoughts in my mind and words in my mouth.
OK, talk about a conflict of your views in the same post. I think we have the possum calling the hog long faced.

Bottom line, do not try to tell another member how they should be patient and not form opionions when you clearly have your mind made up he is guilty.
The first highlighted section was meant with tongue firmly placed in cheek. In the post prior to that I was explaining why I find calls for "patience" redundant.

Zooming out for a moment to take a look at the forest, there seems to be general concensus that Zimmerman acted stupidly. Even many of his defenders say that he made a foolish decision getting out of the car, following Martin, etc. My understanding is that if you do something stupid and someone ends up dead as the final result, that's called manslaughter.

About Zimmerman: unfortunately for him, I think any semblance of a normal life going forward is probably impossible. Probably the best thing that could happen to him right now is to get indicted and convicted, spend a few years in the big house, get out early for good behavior, and hope that by then nobody will remember this incident. That way he might have a chance at a normal life. He's still young, only 28. If, however, he gets acquitted, adios normal life forever. People will know who he is, he will get recognized, and there are always people out there willing to do violence if they feel the justice system didn't do its job. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's reality. He'll always have to look over his shoulder for as long as he's alive. He would become the OJ of central FL (and I'm not talking about the delicious FL orange juice).
As someone who lived in South Texas as a teen, I assure you that Mr. Zimmerman could move there, or anywhere else in the Southwest or Mountain States and nobody would give him a second glance. Unless someone who has it in for him went out of their way to cause him problems.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
matriculated wrote:
Keith B wrote:

As someone who lived in South Texas as a teen, I assure you that Mr. Zimmerman could move there, or anywhere else in the Southwest or Mountain States and nobody would give him a second glance. Unless someone who has it in for him went out of their way to cause him problems.
Some people apparently have some very skewed notions of what constitutes reality, to some extent, deliberately programmed by Hollywood and the MSM (which are comprised mostly of leftists to whom reality is whatever they wish it to be).
Last edited by VMI77 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Did someone actually imply that every forum member had smoke marijuana at some point? Because I, for one, have NOT...I've smoked way too many tobacco cigarettes (before I quit a few months ago) and I've drank my fair share of cold beers and other alcoholic concoctions during my time with the USAF...but I have, once again, NEVER smoked marijuana nor have I ever taken any other illegal drugs, not even once, not even "just to try it". And I have no desire to start.
The use of marijuana, and it appears to be USE in this case, not merely experimentation, shows indifference to the law. People who are indifferent to one law like this are usually indifferent to others as well. There appears to be some indication that he SOLD marijuana, and if so, that is well beyond the indifference of the casual marijuana smoker, and rises to the level of contempt for the law. And "dealing" puts a person in another class of lawbreakers, since it means interacting with those heavily involved with the criminal element, and that suggests an attitude that is comfortable with inviting trouble --which in turns suggests a willingness to do violence. Who expects dealing illegal drugs to be a non-violent activity? Certainly not someone who advertises that he has "no limits."

I'm against the WOD and I think the drug laws and the way they are enforced not only cause more problems than they solve, but have eroded Constitutional protection for all of us. But I don't use or sell drugs because it's illegal. In fact, I consciously strive to obey the law, even the laws I don't agree with.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 16

Post by mamabearCali »

matriculated wrote:

First off there is criminal stupidity (smoking a joint, possessing other people's possessions). Then there is just stupidity. Walking down the street watching someone you think is up to no good--not criminal, just stupid. Getting jumped from behind by said suspicious person as you walk back to your car is neither stupid, nor criminal, just unlucky.

Second, if you think that a conviction would be a blessing in his life--think again. It would do just what convictions do, destroy his life and his family quite possibly permanently. No job, no finances, no ability to defend himself if said crazies go after him. As for his location, he can move to many places and no one would have a problem with him. He would be just fine here in my corner of suburban central Virginia.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”