Ron Paul vs Rick Perry

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which Texan do you want to win GOP nod?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 am

Ron Paul
36%
Rick Perry
61%
Other (sorry not a Texas fan)
3%

Total votes: 140

SkinnyB78
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ron Paul vs Rick Perry

Post by SkinnyB78 »

Jumping Frog wrote:I am on the ABO plan.

"Anyone But Obama".

I'll support a green Martian if I thought it could beat Obama.
:lol::
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

tbrown
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tbrown »

Keith B wrote:A vote for a third party IS a vote for Obama if it causes you NOT to vote for the Republican candidate. This is how Clinton won in 1992 due to a large number of voters jumping to vote for Perot who would have otherwise voted for Bush. Perot won approximately 19% of the popular vote, which caused some of the states to end up giving the electoral votes to Clinton instead of Bush. Clinton ended up with 43% of the popular vote vs. Bush 37%. Had even a small portion of those that voted for Perot voted for Bush he would have won a second term.
I was a kid 20 years ago so all I remember about that President Bush is the "no new taxes" debacle and his AWB which is still in effect. Maybe he lost the election because he didn't earn a second term.

I say a vote for a RINO is a vote for Obama if it causes you not to vote for a conservative candidate. :patriot:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Mad Moderate »

tbrown wrote:
Keith B wrote:A vote for a third party IS a vote for Obama if it causes you NOT to vote for the Republican candidate. This is how Clinton won in 1992 due to a large number of voters jumping to vote for Perot who would have otherwise voted for Bush. Perot won approximately 19% of the popular vote, which caused some of the states to end up giving the electoral votes to Clinton instead of Bush. Clinton ended up with 43% of the popular vote vs. Bush 37%. Had even a small portion of those that voted for Perot voted for Bush he would have won a second term.
I was a kid 20 years ago so all I remember about that President Bush is the "no new taxes" debacle and his AWB which is still in effect. Maybe he lost the election because he didn't earn a second term.

I say a vote for a RINO is a vote for Obama if it causes you not to vote for a conservative candidate. :patriot:
What AWB is still in effect?
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

tbrown
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tbrown »

loadedliberal wrote:What AWB is still in effect?
The 1989 ban by the Bush (41) administration.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

The Mad Moderate

tbrown wrote:
The 1989 ban by the Bush (41) administration.
I had not heard about that. Maybe Perry could get rid of that and a lot of other useless gun control laws. I would like to see everything from the 1946 ban on overturned and only keep background checks.

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

tbrown wrote:
The 1989 import restrictions by the Bush (41) administration.
Fixed it for ya.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

texanron
Posts in topic: 2

Post by texanron »

LINK
Ron Paul just doesn't get it.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 15

Post by RoyGBiv »

texanron wrote:LINK
If there was an award for being honest and consistent, RP would certainly be in the running.
These comments, IMO, completely sunk what little chance he has of getting nominated.
I know many believe he's running mainly to pad his war chest anyways.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Dave2
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dave2 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
If there was an award for being honest and consistent, RP would certainly be in the running.
These comments, IMO, completely sunk what little chance he has of getting nominated.
War chest for what? I thought he was retiring from congress after this term anyway.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

ArmyStrong1969
Banned

Post by ArmyStrong1969 »

I don't vote or participate in the statist system because 1. I am opposed to governing by violent coersion and 2. Those in my minority group of Americans are barred from being elected to ANY office in this country. No its not the homosexual minority group. They are a smaller but much more accepted minority.
Former NRA member and Former NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder member.

The Mad Moderate

ArmyStrong1969 wrote:I don't vote or participate in the statist system because 1. I am opposed to governing by violent coersion and 2. Those in my minority group of Americans are barred from being elected to ANY office in this country. No its not the homosexual minority group. They are a smaller but much more accepted minority.
Care to explain?

-Francois Guisot

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 15

Post by RoyGBiv »

Dave2 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:
War chest for what? I thought he was retiring from congress after this term anyway.
He's not running for Congress in 2012 to focus on the Pers race.
Nothing said about that being permanent.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ArmyStrong1969
Banned

Post by ArmyStrong1969 »

The Mad Moderate wrote:
ArmyStrong1969 wrote:I don't vote or participate in the statist system because 1. I am opposed to governing by violent coersion and 2. Those in my minority group of Americans are barred from being elected to ANY office in this country. No its not the homosexual minority group. They are a smaller but much more accepted minority.
Care to explain?
I am in the 20% of Americans that see no evidence for any gods. I am an atheist. We are the largest and most hated minority group in America. A child raping Muslim Jihadist would get elected in this country before an atheist.
Former NRA member and Former NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder member.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dave2 »

ArmyStrong1969 wrote:I am in the 20% of Americans that see no evidence for any gods. I am an atheist. We are the largest and most hated minority group in America. A child raping Muslim Jihadist would get elected in this country before an atheist.
According to my own studies, 100%* of Christian Americans are both willing to elect an Atheist and would rather elect an Atheist than a child raping Muslim Jihadist.

*sample size of 2

(Oh, and since your post count suggests you're new here... Welcome to the board!)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Drama Queen much?

I couldn't tell you the religion of most local politicians. Other than the ones who make an issue of it themselves.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”