Pistol Packing President Perry....Perhaps??

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 1

Pistol Packing President Perry....Perhaps??

Post by Rokyudai »

Another answer that begs the question.... If Perry is elected President....will he pack?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/elec ... 24495.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Chris Moody- The Ticket , a Yahoo News Blog

Excerpt from article (quoting Gov Perry)
Of course, we won't really know how this would all come out until a president actually tries to pack heat on Washington's mean streets. Then again, we might not even get that far. When asked this week on the campaign trail if he was packing, Perry told Politico's Ben Smith, "I never comment on whether I'm carrying a handgun or not. That's why it's called concealed."
NRA Benefactor Member

AEA

Re: Pistol Packing President Perry....Perhaps??

Post by AEA »

"loaded with deadly hollow-point bullets, fully equipped with a laser-sight for precise killing".

What a hollow HEAD! :banghead:
Hollow Points is what the LEO's carry, should I carry less lethal boolits?
The laser helps hit what you aim at and minimizes collateral damage (not that I carry one).

Where do they get these people? Where are these people educated? :banghead:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

AndyC wrote:Perry teaches a blogger to shoot - with video:

http://blog.chron.com/texassparkle/2011 ... -to-shoot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even though he corrected her at least once, she insisted on putting her left thumb over the back of her shooting hand. :mrgreen:
Guess she was satisfied with a single shot.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

AEA wrote:Where are these people educated?
They aren't.

Yet another pathetic attempt at journalism. It is sad that so many Americans base their belief system on the opinions they read on the internet, in papers, and/or in magazines. They do not take the time to do any research to get actual facts or in the case of guns some hands on experience to base their beliefs. No, they simply take the word of a biased "journalist/blogger" who has also not taken the time to properly research his/her topic they are writing about.

glock75

Post by glock75 »

Actually, President Reagan was known to carry a pistol from time to time. I recently read an article about it; I don't recall what model but it was a revolver. He had been carrying it without the Secret Service's knowledge and they were very surprised to find out, although they didn't stop him from continuing to do so.

Perry did a very good job of instructing and showing the basics. Although I was on pins and needles waiting for her to pull the trigger and get that left thumb of hers bitten by the recoil on the slide. Perry showed her the proper grip, but failed to remind her before she pulled the trigger.

Regardless, I think it is apparent that Perry is the real deal and knows his way around firearms.
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

:iagree:

And I was waiting for the inevitable slide-bite, too.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Rokyudai wrote:Another answer that begs the question.... If Perry is elected President....will he pack?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/elec ... 24495.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, we won't really know how this would all come out until a president actually tries to pack heat on Washington's mean streets. Then again, we might not even get that far. When asked this week on the campaign trail if he was packing, Perry told Politico's Ben Smith, "I never comment on whether I'm carrying a handgun or not. That's why it's called concealed."
According to reports, Reagan did.

I do believe that Grant did also. I would not be surprised to find out Teddy did.

:thumbs2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Rokyudai wrote:Another answer that begs the question.... If Perry is elected President....will he pack?

According to reports, Reagan did.

I do believe that Grant did also. I would not be surprised to find out Teddy did.

:thumbs2:

...but of course!!! http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/z_x26a_t.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

glock75 wrote:Actually, President Reagan was known to carry a pistol from time to time. I recently read an article about it; I don't recall what model but it was a revolver. He had been carrying it without the Secret Service's knowledge and they were very surprised to find out, although they didn't stop him from continuing to do so.

Reagan also told a story about stopping a mugging of a woman outside of his apartment before he was in politics with a 1911. :cool:
TANSTAAFL

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

If I had as much firepower around me as the POTUS, my own humble pistol would seem like a sad, pathetic joke. It still might make me feel better to wear it, but armored SS agents w. PS90s, etc are hard to top.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

AndyC wrote:Perry teaches a blogger to shoot - with video:

http://blog.chron.com/texassparkle/2011 ... -to-shoot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:thumbs2: very nice! Way to go mr. Perry!
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

You know I would imagine that they president should be packing for the same reason I am. I am not nearly as much of a target as the president but neither do I have a security force. However both anonymity and security forces can fail us and thus I have on my person a weapon of last defense to foil an attack on me. The president should do the same--I would hope that he would take some responsibility for his own saftey.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

wharvey

Post by wharvey »

MamabearCali wrote: . . . I would hope that he would take some responsibility for his own saftey.
he is by trying to get rid of all firearms. Maybe he would feel safer in prison.
Bill Harvey

License to Carry Handgun - Indiana, since Aug 1997
CHL - Texas, since Aug 2011

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

...now you're speaking of the current POTUS...

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”