6 Year Old Girl Groped By TSA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 6 Year Old Girl Groped By TSA

Post by Dave2 »

Oldgringo wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Dave2 wrote:And less molested.

:iagree:

You never went to the Drive-In movies ? :evil2:
I think I'd use a different word there...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

atticus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by atticus »

As has been said before, we can follow an effective model, such as the Israeli airport security model, or we can invent stuff on the fly, such as what the TSA and Homeland Security do. The Israeli system works. They conduct an effective interview with travelers, they profile likely problem flyers, and they take the time to do effective screening. On the other hand, TSA gropes little kids. As for myself, I have chosen to drive as much as possible, instead of flying. I did experience the X-ray booth (or whatever it is), and I found it to be humiliating. So I have chosen not to play their game any more. The same mindset that gropes little kids is the one that has promoted an open border. I live about 200 miles from the mexican border. The law enforcement folks out here have been running into Chinese and middle eastern illegals for YEARS. Neither George Bush nor King Hussein give a damn. There's no telling what kind of nasty bombs and nasty foreign agents are here among us. Our federal government is too busy groping little kids to worry about our real threats. :bigmouth

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

atticus wrote:As has been said before, we can follow an effective model, such as the Israeli airport security model, or we can invent stuff on the fly, such as what the TSA and Homeland Security do. The Israeli system works. They conduct an effective interview with travelers, they profile likely problem flyers, and they take the time to do effective screening. On the other hand, TSA gropes little kids. As for myself, I have chosen to drive as much as possible, instead of flying. I did experience the X-ray booth (or whatever it is), and I found it to be humiliating. So I have chosen not to play their game any more. The same mindset that gropes little kids is the one that has promoted an open border. I live about 200 miles from the mexican border. The law enforcement folks out here have been running into Chinese and middle eastern illegals for YEARS. Neither George Bush nor King Hussein give a darn. There's no telling what kind of nasty bombs and nasty foreign agents are here among us. Our federal government is too busy groping little kids to worry about our real threats. :bigmouth
The best way to sneak a nuclear bomb into the US....

Disguise it as a ton of cocaine. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

handog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by handog »

How long before the TSA starts setting up roadblocks on city streets?

"Indeed, it has already begun. Last September agents from Homeland Security, TSA, and the US Department of Transportation, assisted by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, conducted a counter-terrorism operation on busy Interstate 20 just west of Atlanta, Georgia. Designated VIPER (Visible Inter-mobile Prevention and Response), the operation required all trucks to stop to be screened for bombs. Federal agents used dogs, screening devices, and a large drive-through bomb detection machine."

Disturbing. If you carry a BOB and a hand gun as I do you fit the profile.

The solution to many here is to drive instead but you may still have to deal with the TSA. Car bombs are a favorite amongst home grown terrorists you know. :banghead:

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by VMI77 »

jmra wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
jmra wrote:We could just go back to the way things were on 9/10. Nay, to hard to get all that sand out of the ear holes.

Funny you say that, since the search regime you're excusing wouldn't have prevented 9/11. None of the hijackers were six year old American girls. None of the hijackers used big bottles of hand lotion or shampoo to take over the plane. None were old men in wheelchairs, grandmas, or Americans traveling with their children. All of them were young adult men, most of them from Saudi Arabia. When the passengers overwhelmed the last set of hijackers, that was the last 9/11. The tactic used on 9/11 can only work once, since now everyone knows what's going to happen if they don't take the plane back.

TSA passenger screening cannot possibly prevent another attack on an aircraft. And using limited resources to screen American grandmas and little girls make the odds of a terrorists getting through security greater, not less. Even if we assume the best, that they are 100% effective in screening passengers, they cannot prevent someone blowing up a bunch of passengers in the airport, or even from planting a bomb on a plane, since they're not screening ground crews or limiting access to planes except by card swipe.

It strikes me as a little odd that a guy who carries a gun seems to believe the TSA can make the world a safe place. Do you worry about little girls attacking you in the parking lot too or do you focus your attention on the more likely threats? After all, bad guys might hide a weapon on a little girl or lull you into a false sense of security by getting one to pretend she's in trouble. Do you worry that those little girls selling cookies are just trying to get you to open your door in advance of a home invasion? I think you don't because you don't consider those to be realistic threats, but they're just about as realistic as an America couple planting a bomb on their six year old daughter to bring down an airplane.

And if there was perfect security at airports and for airplanes, which there will never and can never be, terrorists will merely shift targets to buses, trains, subways, malls, etc. Then the same excuses will be used to justify frisking six year old girls on the subway and at the mall and we'll be told to just walk if we don't like it, or stay home.
First of all I haven't excused anything. I don't agree with pat downs. Show me one time where I have defended pat downs. I have stated that I do not believe this girl was groped but I have never stated that I agreed with the policies of TSA. But because it suits your purpose you will take what I say out of context and put words in my mouth in order to make your illogical arguments sound credible.

My post that you replied to was simply a way of showing that although I don't agree with the current policies I also don't believe that we can pretend that 9/11 never happened. Some changes had to be made. Obviously what we have now is not the answer but what was in place prior to 9/11 is not either.

Funny, I've agreed with you on a point or two and conceded a point on terminology, and otherwise I've refuted every single argument you've presented. But instead of offering argument or evidence you continually assert, in one form or another, that I'm an idiot (illogical) and a liar (taking remarks out of context and putting words in someone's mouth to "suit a purpose" is form of lying).

This was the insulting first sentence of your first reply to me:

"Exactly the type of response I would expect from the Brady Bunch kids."

Next, you say, you haven't excused anything and then ask me to show you one time when you have defended pat downs. Not excusing "anything" is a bit broader than just opposing pat downs. I haven't accused you of defending pat downs; I said you were excusing the search regime. Most of your responses in this thread are about how the pat down wasn't so bad or unreasonable (it wasn't "groping" and it wasn't random --in your opinion, I refuted the claim that it wasn't random), and how purchasing an airline ticket amounts to "consent" for anything the government wants to do before you board a plane (and I've refuted the notion that "consent" can be coerced). So yeah, I freely admit you're not specifically defending pat downs, but the gist of your remarks sure sound like you're excusing the broader conduct since your contention that purchasing a ticket constitutes consent amounts to saying if you don't like it take the train, drive, or walk.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

Airlines are a private business and they can make whatever rules they want. Just like if they want to fly in our skies they have to follow the rules that "we the people" errr I mean the government puts in place. :smilelol5:
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This thread is getting heated folks. Let's take a step back and keep it statesmanlike.

Thanks,
Chas.

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jasonw560 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This thread is getting heated folks. Let's take a step back and keep it statesmanlike.

Thanks,
Chas.
It's getting more like Parliament in Britain. Those Whigs and Tories are brutal to each other.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Jasonw560 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:This thread is getting heated folks. Let's take a step back and keep it statesmanlike.

Thanks,
Chas.
It's getting more like Parliament in Britain. Those Whigs and Tories are brutal to each other.
Not since 1850 or so, but Labour are always about getting a shot in at Tory PM Cameron. Back in Lady Thatcher's PM days, she could tear 'em up.

I now yield the floor to the Right Honourable Jason560.

"rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Snap E Tom

Post by Snap E Tom »

In case you missed it, HB 1937 passed *unanimously* via voice vote. 138-0.

I wasn't fortunate enough to be born in Texas, but I sure am lucky and proud to have wound up here!

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

The whole thing is ridiculous. Like a lot of people, I simply will not be flying if there is any way to drive it. I don't feel safer because they groped old people and children. Our southern border is so open any WMD could be brought in for use in our major cities, nuclear plants, waterways, etc. It seems to me terrorists would be more likely to try that next. This is way more about an agency getting drunk on it's own power and a few people with political connections making big bucks selling scanners. The fact the pilots, ground crews, etc can pass without being checked... soo not one single person among them would place a bomb because a loved one was being held hostage or a suitable sum was being placed in an account? Even the cartels know better than that. :roll:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

There are 75,000 TSA agents, but only 20,000 Border Patrol agents. Kind of like standing guard at your front door and frisking everyone that comes to your door, while leaving you back door wide open and only checking occasionally.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Well, I'd use Dallas City Council procedures, but I can't figure out how to throw things at people through a discussion board. :evil2:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

G26ster wrote:There are 75,000 TSA agents, but only 20,000 Border Patrol agents. Kind of like standing guard at your front door and frisking everyone that comes to your door, while leaving you back door wide open and only checking occasionally.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

KD5NRH wrote:
Well, I'd use Dallas City Council procedures, but I can't figure out how to throw things at people through a discussion board. :evil2:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”