Debate in college class over CHL carrying in the class room

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

NOS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Debate in college class over CHL carrying in the class r

Post by NOS »

swc007 wrote:I usually don't speak in class often because im not big on debating BUT i heard people saying the dumbest things so i had to set it straight.. :smash: My teacher is against having guns in the class and for some reason wanted our opinion on it... one girl said "i dont want people flashing guns in here trying to act cool"(i shook my head) Followed by raising my hand lol... Told them that that class wouldn't change one bit if CHL carriers were aloud to conceal guns in class.... FIRST because they arent allowed to show that they have a weapon BECAUSE that would completely defeat the purpose of concealment and its breaking the law... i also told them what someone on this forum told me "what is the difference between a class room and a movie theater" because we are allowed to carry at the movies as long as 30.06 isn't posted... Basically after that no one said anything because they all had not a clue what they were talking about AND THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND MY CHL INSTRUCTOR!!!! i stopped em dead in tracks haha... 1 point for the home team!!!! :smilelol5: "rlol" :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave
Good for you my friend! :thumbs2:
It's nice to know that there are enough CHL holders out there to spread the word and defend our 2A rights. If we educate the public about how CHL's are mostly law abiding citizens that just want to protect themselves and families, the ignorant comments about people flashing guns and rampant crime waves will eventually stop.
Keep up the good work! :cheers2: :txflag: :patriot:
06/06/2010 Class Taken
06/17/2010 Packet Mailed
06/19/2010 Packet Received
07/07/2010 Status Online/Application Missing
07/12/2010 Mailed New Application
07/15/2010 Application Complete
08/18/2010 Fingerprints Complete
08/24/2010 Background Complete
08/27/2010 Mailed
09/01/2010 Plastic

Monker10

Post by Monker10 »

Awesome job! I have also found that alot of people are clueless about guns. I remember one time I took a newbie friend to the range and she freaked out that maybe she broke one of my magazines while loading it because it was a double stack mag and the bullets don't stack one on top of each other lol! It's great when we as gun owners can educate as many people as we can. The more they learn about the real gun culture(not the one depicted in the media) the less afraid they will become. They will realize that a vast majority of gun owners are safe productive people that are diverse and come from all walks of life.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Believe it or not, most people are not so closed-minded that they will not be open to logic and reason. If given the real facts, they will often make the correct decision.
Byron Dickens

Topic author
swc007
Posts in topic: 2

Post by swc007 »

thanks guys... this happened in another class too i might have to post this story as well... i was shocked to see how ignorant people are lol

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”