IRS agents 870 shotguns ?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
.380ppks
Posts in topic: 3

IRS agents 870 shotguns ?

Post by .380ppks »

I read an article in the DFW area of the IRS agents chasing down a tax fugitive, they caught him when he had a :patriot: wreck. I did not know that the IRS had "agents", let alone conducting high speed chases. I also read that they are getting bids for 50 870 shotguns. When did they step out of the tax collections into performing LEO functions that I think the FBI(for one) has been performing. When I think of an "agent" I think of a "Border Patrol", "Customs", "Secret Service" "Diplomatic Service"or "BATF". So, whats up?

texas1234

Re: IRS agents 870 shotguns ?

Post by texas1234 »

Read your history,Elliot Ness the guy who went after Al Capone was a US Treasury Officer (IRS) they go after some really bad dudes and need the weapons. Its nothing NEW!
6th Generation Texan

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

Others -

Texas Code of Criminal Procedure (CCP):

Art. 2.122. SPECIAL INVESTIGATORS. (a) The following named criminal investigators of the United States shall not be deemed peace officers, but shall have the powers of arrest, search and seizure as to felony offenses only under the laws of the State of Texas:
(1) Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
(2) Special Agents of the Secret Service;
(3) Special Agents of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
(4) Special Agents of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms;
(5) Special Agents of Federal Drug Enforcement Agency;
(6) Inspectors of the United States Postal Service;
(7) Special Agents of the Criminal Investigation Division and Inspectors of the Internal Security Division of the Internal Revenue Service;
(8) Civilian Special Agents of the United States Naval Investigative Service;
(9) Marshals and Deputy Marshals of the United States Marshals Service;
(10) Special Agents of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services; and
(11) Special Agents of the United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
(b) A person designated as a special policeman by the Federal Protective Services division of the General Services Administration under 40 U.S.C. Section 318 or 318d is not a peace officer but has the powers of arrest and search and seizure as to any offense under the laws of this state.
(c) A Customs and Border Protection Officer of the United States Customs and Border Protection or a Border Patrol agent, immigration enforcement agent, or deportation officer of the Department of Homeland Security is not a peace officer under the laws of this state but, on the premises of a port facility designated by the commissioner of the United States Customs and Border Protection as a port of entry for arrival in the United States by land transportation from the United Mexican States into the State of Texas or at a permanent established border patrol traffic check point, has the authority to detain a person pending transfer without unnecessary delay to a peace officer if the agent or officer has probable cause to believe that the person has engaged in conduct that is a violation of Section 49.02, 49.04, 49.07, or 49.08, Penal Code, regardless of whether the violation may be disposed of in a criminal proceeding or a juvenile justice proceeding.
(d) A commissioned law enforcement officer of the National Park Service is not a peace officer under the laws of this state, except that the officer has the powers of arrest, search, and seizure as to any offense under the laws of this state committed within the boundaries of a national park or national recreation area. In this subsection, "national park or national recreation area" means a national park or national recreation area included in the National Park System as defined by 16 U.S.C. Section 1c(a).
(e) A Special Agent or Law Enforcement Officer of the United States Forest Service is not a peace officer under the laws of this state, except that the agent or officer has the powers of arrest, search, and seizure as to any offense under the laws of this state committed within the National Forest System. In this subsection, "National Forest System" has the meaning assigned by 16 U.S.C. Section 1609.
(f) Security personnel working at a commercial nuclear power plant, including contract security personnel, trained and qualified under a security plan approved by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission, are not peace officers under the laws of this state, except that such personnel have the powers of arrest, search, and seizure, including the powers under Section 9.51, Penal Code, while in the performance of their duties on the premises of a commercial nuclear power plant site or under agreements entered into with local law enforcement regarding areas surrounding the plant site.
(g) In addition to the powers of arrest, search, and seizure under Subsection (a), a Special Agent of the Secret Service protecting a person described by 18 U.S.C. Section 3056(a) or investigating a threat against a person described by 18 U.S.C. Section 3056(a) has the powers of arrest, search, and seizure as to:
(1) misdemeanor offenses under the laws of this state; and
(2) any criminal offense under federal law.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
.380ppks

Post by .380ppks »

So, I gather by the response that you have a "Warm fussy feeling" with all of these armed "federal agents" and that we are well served?

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

Its for Customer Service or was it servicing the customer?
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

I believe that most Federal Agents have good intentions, however some of their judgement calls have been questionable.

There was a recent story - I looked for it and can't find it. Where the IRS raided a car wash for what I believe was the unbelievable sum of $4.00.
2/15/10 CHL Class
2/16/10 Packet Sent
2/17/10 Delivery Confirmation
2/25/10 Pin Received "Processing Application"
3/17/10 License issued or Certificate Active
3/20/10 Plastic in Hand

Semper Fi!

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

Nah I dont worry about IRS agents carrying guns at all. I have a friend of mine in the FBI who is an attorney that works tax crimes and when I heard his story of the folks they run into along with IRS agents I realized after talking to him that your normal joe blow is not on their radar.

Do I think our government is out of control absolutely, but the IRS buying 870 shotguns doesnt bother me at all.
6th Generation Texan

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

To uncle bobs point yes there are going to be some folks that use poor judgement but that is the human experience you cant stop that.
6th Generation Texan

Topic author
.380ppks

Post by .380ppks »

I can believe the $54. I believe that they collected $.04 recently. With all the gun control laws in place, why on earth do we need to have the feds in every dept. of the U.S. Gov. armed to the teeth. Do these laws not work? Under the radar? Hmmm!

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

You know some of the people who cheat their taxes arent nice fellows. Remember the IRS catches Drug Dealers, Pimps, Gamblers, Democrats, and all sorts of dangerous scum.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

here's the request for quotes:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity ... =1&au=&ck=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”