I’ve got my bazooka, how about you?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

E10
Posts in topic: 3

Re: I’ve got my bazooka, how about you?

Post by E10 »

Rafe wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:55 am
E10 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 pm Journalists no longer do proper research before writing stories. They are lazy and just regurgitate stories they read on the internet or social media blogs. It is shameful what has happened to journalism.
I can’t define journalism, but I know it when I see it, and that ain’t it.
The byline for the news piece at KPRC (where they finally removed, without comment, references to "bazookas") reads, in part: "Daniela Sternitzky-Di Napoli has been a digital news editor at KPRC 2 since 2018. She is a published poet and has a background in creative writing..."

Hm. I wonder why I can't get a job as a cardiac surgeon. I have a background in gunsmithing. They both require a level of manual dexterity...
Ah, now I get it: “...creative writing.” That’s what it was. But if she’s a poet, why didn’t it rhyme?

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

When Obama was shoveling the Iran deal fiasco, his minions successfully manipulated the press corps into championing the deal because the reporters had no genuine knowledge of anything. Deputy national security advisor Ben Rhodes committed a gaffe, meaning he accidently spoke the truth, when he said:
"All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus," Rhodes told the magazine. "Now they don’t. They call us to explain to them what’s happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing."
But it's not just the press covering the White House, it's everywhere. "Journalists" spend all their "education" learning "journalism" (basically left wing talking points) and really do not know anything outside their little bubble. So bazooka, assault weapon, identifying ear plugs as bullets, it's all part of a piece.
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

E10 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 pm Journalists no longer do proper research before writing stories. They are lazy and just regurgitate stories they read on the internet or social media blogs. It is shameful what has happened to journalism.
I can’t define journalism, but I know it when I see it, and that ain’t it.
I haven't seen real journalism in so long don't know if it even exists anymore...at least in the main sewer media.

Perhaps this is what was discovered....

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

30 years ago my brother in law got a degree in journalism from a good journalism college.

They taught him - who what where how why. I think there were two more, seven in all. That’s what a reporter was to find out and write about on each event.

Not much of that anymore.

After graduation, he got minimum wage to work at a newspaper. It never got much better. All the papers he worked for are long gone.

He’s a hospital nurse now.

The news is free, we get what we pay for.

Doubt young kids go to journalism school anymore.

Squire38
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Squire38 »

So, a buddy on mine just detailed a story on Facebook today of how a group of people made a long term deal to go month to month on one of his AirBnB condos in downtown Houston. He then explained that Houston SWAT raided his house because an organized crime group was using it as a base of operations. Pretty funny to know that the Bazooka owners used his house. He said they left some interesting items behind that they bought using stolen credit cards and selling meth.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”