Shoe on the other foot

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Shoe on the other foot

Post by LosAlce »

My reference to "if it protects just one..." was just to highlight to absurdity of the statement. Despite what you will believe, I know the original post image was sarcasm. My comment about two wrongs making a right wasn't in reference to the original post, but to those who didn't realize it was actually a tongue in cheek and regurgitating the classic line of needing to protect women and children from the "inevitable" predators. That is also why I felt no need to make any comments in this thread until much later when I perceived it started to take a turn where others were a little more serious than replying to a light-hearted joke.

You're absolutely right. This had absolutely nothing to do with superiority of men over women or whatever. My rant was about the use of that tired old blanket statement of needing to protect women and children and in my fervor I made a mistake. I confused this forum with the other target oriented one and jumped the gun. My rant wasn't any less true to how I feel about the matter but it was absolutely placed in the wrong thread. My apologies for that.

To address your last point, its fine whatever reason is used to separate the bathrooms. Regardless if they are separate or not, I will use a public restroom if and when I need to use one. Sure, I made it more about restrooms and I wasn't the only one. You can dismiss my apology all you want, but that doesn't make it any less sincere. Tone is notoriously difficult to project through text. I am simply trying to make amends for my initial confusion. As I stated earlier, I'm on pain killers for my back so I obviously wasn't in the best state of mind when I decided to respond.

On the bright side, I got to hear a lot of the opinions of my fellow forum members. :tiphat:
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Javier730 »

One can always"identify" as a woman if one needs to go in the restroom to stand guard against a pedo who is also "identifying" for malicious purposes. ;-)

Isn't that how it works? You can just change how you identify when you please?
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

KLB

Post by KLB »

Scott Farkus wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what this is supposed to accomplish.
Never discount an incumbent politician's desire for re-election.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

If this doesnt get stopped the next thing going to happen is they'll have only one restroom for everyone to use in every building and none of us will have a choice.

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mojo84 »

Just read this article. I'm sure some won't like it.

http://dcwatchdog.org/johns-hopkins-psy ... s-furious/

I'm tired of the smallest groups of the population driving society.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

There is no realistic way to enforce a rule of "use the facility that you identify with at the moment". So the only logical end state here is a legal requirement for unisex restrooms, locker rooms, shower facilities, changing rooms, etc. Everyone's right to privacy will ultimately be trumped by the need for less than 1% of the population to not feel "offended". Don't like it? So what? They don't care.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

Conservatives outraged over Obama transgender directive to public schools.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05 ... tcmp=hpbt1

I believe it is time to at least start making plans for secession. (IMHO)
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

VoiceofReason wrote:Conservatives outraged over Obama transgender directive to public schools.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

Pawpaw wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:Conservatives outraged over Obama transgender directive to public schools.

I was beginning to think everyone’s computer locked up all at once or if I had brought something up that no one wanted to think about.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”