Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jketchum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by Jketchum »

2,479 which equals about 5% in 78641 :cheers2:

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by allisji »

mojo84 wrote:Not everything has to be scientific and double blind tested. Whether there are 20,000 or 60,000 people in my zip, I am glad to see there are 2809 of us that are licensed. Do that mean anything else, I don't know and don't really care.

With that said, we have 10.2% of our residents with an LTC.
if the average household has 2 kids then that means that 1 in 5 adults you come across should be LTC.

If accurate that's really incredible. I bet that your zip has very low crime, too.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Not everything has to be scientific and double blind tested. Whether there are 20,000 or 60,000 people in my zip, I am glad to see there are 2809 of us that are licensed. Do that mean anything else, I don't know and don't really care.

if the average household has 2 kids then that means that 1 in 5 adults you come across should be LTC.

If accurate that's really incredible. I bet that your zip has very low crime, too.
You are correct. We have a very low crime rate. Violent crime is minimal.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VMI77 »

Very disappointed to find only 8 carriers in my zipcode.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Post by allisji »

mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:

So why is everyone so sceered that they have to carry guns??? :smilelol5:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

mojo84 wrote:Not everything has to be scientific and double blind tested. Whether there are 20,000 or 60,000 people in my zip, I am glad to see there are 2809 of us that are licensed. Does that mean anything else, I don't know and don't really care.

If it isn't the highest, that's got to be near to the highest percentage in the state. :clapping:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:

We are just a bunch of chickens. :tiphat:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:

We are just a bunch of sheepdogs. :tiphat:
FIFY
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:

Reminds me of a time I sat beside a guy from Manhattan on a plane bound for LA. He had a layover at DFW. I'd say he was about 30 years old, and he said he worked in the garment industry. We talked a bit, and then he asked, "I've heard many people in Texas own guns. Do you actually own any guns?"
"Yes, quite a few as a matter of fact."
"What about handguns? Do you own any handguns?"
"Yes, I've got several."
He was quiet for a bit, then asked, "If you own so many guns, do you have lots of crime where you live?"
"No, we hardly have any at all."

He didn't ask me anything else about guns. And, I didn't care to try to educate someone who had already admitted they didn't own a car and had never been hunting.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Anyone know of a link to "Active Licenses by Zip Code" data?
I can find applications, denials, etc by zip code, but not "total of currently active licenses".

TIA!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Roy, you may have to submit an information request to get that data. It appears that's what the Express News did.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:Roy, you may have to submit an information request to get that data. It appears that's what the Express News did.
Thanks... I was hoping I missed something that was more readily available.
Was just going to do a quick exercise... if the data was easy to get..

Not something I'm ready to invest time in tracking down.

Thanks!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Roy, you may have to submit an information request to get that data. It appears that's what the Express News did.
Thanks... I was hoping I missed something that was more readily available.
Was just going to do a quick exercise... if the data was easy to get..

Not something I'm ready to invest time in tracking down.

Thanks!
Yeah, I tried to find it also and decided not worth doing the info request.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Our percentage should be rising soon. Just heard from a friend that is taking his LTC course this weekend, the instructor is expecting in excess of 100 people in the class. Seems like a lot for one class considering there were only two of us in the class when I took mine.

jrs_diesel

Post by jrs_diesel »

I thought only law enforcement had access to our LTC data? :confused5
J.R.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”