Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by dhoobler »

Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Richbirdhunter

Re: Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by Richbirdhunter »

There's about 1200 in my area
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Who's licensed to open carry? The 40 ZIPs in Texas where the most CHL holders live

Post by mojo84 »

Very glad to see my zip code shaded in the dark maroon with 2809.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

314 in my area smack dab in the middle of ft worth, high crime area so im sure outnumbered by criminals with guns.

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

Raw numbers isn't terribly interesting, ZIP code sizes vary and population sizes within the ZIP codes also vary. A rate showing the number of licensees in that ZIP vs total population in that ZIP and/or vs. total population in that ZIP that could theoretically be licensed (i.e. minus children, felons, non-permanent resident aliens, etc) would be more interesting.

But that would be more work and reporters are lazy.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

70 where my parents live, but probably only a couple thousand people in that zip code. 885 for me, but I live in Dallas so no telling how many thousands in my zip code.
NRA Benefactor Member

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

This link will give you population by zip code for the 210 census. You have to download a .csv file which can be opened in Excel. Then press ctrl F to look for your Zip Code.

http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/09/18/th ... ally-free/

My zip code shows that 5.9 % of our population has LTC. Edited for typo.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Post by allisji »

CleverNickname wrote:Raw numbers isn't terribly interesting, ZIP code sizes vary and population sizes within the ZIP codes also vary. A rate showing the number of licensees in that ZIP vs total population in that ZIP and/or vs. total population in that ZIP that could theoretically be licensed (i.e. minus children, felons, non-permanent resident aliens, etc) would be more interesting.

I agree. The raw numbers data doesn't tell the full story. I'd be interested in the number of CHL/LTCs per 1000 persons. I think that you at least need both of these numbers to get an accurate picture of how well the LTC community is represented in your area.

For instance, my zip have ~1200. But there may only be 12,000 residents. So 10% of the population may be LTC. Whereas in a city of 100,000 that has 2500 LTCs the people are licensed to carry at just 2.5%...
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Sadly my Zip only has 569 in it - however I don't think there is alot of residential addresses in my zip, mostly commercial. The other zips in Webster and surrounding area are much deeper red colors then the light pink color for my zip.

Just noticed something, that isn't that surprising but everywhere outside the beltway in Houston is some shade of red to dark red.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My Zip shows to be 4.5% of course that's not excluding those under 21,felons, or anyone otherwise prohibited from getting their LTC.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Post by allisji »

Just checked the populations. 77598 has 23000 people and only 569 LTCs, 2.5%. Seems like a lot of people for living in Webster. My guess it it's skewed because of a high population of young renters.

Checked the numbers on Seabrook 77586 and it's about 21000 population and 1247 LTC. about 6%.
Pariah3j wrote:Sadly my Zip only has 569 in it - however I don't think there is alot of residential addresses in my zip, mostly commercial. The other zips in Webster and surrounding area are much deeper red colors then the light pink color for my zip.

Just noticed something, that isn't that surprising but everywhere outside the beltway in Houston is some shade of red to dark red.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

CleverNickname wrote:Raw numbers isn't terribly interesting, ZIP code sizes vary and population sizes within the ZIP codes also vary. A rate showing the number of licensees in that ZIP vs total population in that ZIP and/or vs. total population in that ZIP that could theoretically be licensed (i.e. minus children, felons, non-permanent resident aliens, etc) would be more interesting.

Was going to post exactly this... Thanks! :iagree:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

RoyGBiv wrote:

Was going to post exactly this... Thanks! :iagree:
:iagree: I saw some statistics several years ago that had per capita numbers.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36926&p=437699&hilit=77573#p437699
Last edited by WildBill on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Steve5115

Post by Steve5115 »

6.7% LTCs in my neighborhood (Memorial Park/Rice Military). :anamatedbanana

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

Not everything has to be scientific and double blind tested. Whether there are 20,000 or 60,000 people in my zip, I am glad to see there are 2809 of us that are licensed. Does that mean anything else, I don't know and don't really care.

With that said, we have 10.2% of our residents with an LTC.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”