Motorcycle Trip: Texas to Georgia. Any Open Carry?

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
sintax
Posts in topic: 1

Motorcycle Trip: Texas to Georgia. Any Open Carry?

Post by sintax »

I will be riding out to Atlanta shortly, by way of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia (obviously). I see that my TX CHL is honored all the way through, and have found some restrictions on restaurant carry along the way (although it seems that might be outdated info), but am unclear on any open carry opportunities that I may have.

I always carry using an IWB Holster as well as having a BUG in my vest but I don't need to tell those IWB wearers out there that at this time of year they can get hot and uncomfortable. I saw a couple states have open car carry, but not sure how that translates to a bike.

In any case, if those out there with the proper knowledge could educate me I would be most grateful.
02.23.08 - Took CHL Course
02.25.08 - Hand Delivered Application
03.12.08 - Received Pin Number
05.07.08 - Status Changed To Application Completed
05.09.08 - License Received Via USPS

sigma9

Re: Motorcycle Trip: Texas to Georgia. Any Open Carry?

Post by sigma9 »

I know this is an older thread but I am going to Atlanta (in a car) for Thanksgiving and would like to know any info about these states. What is this about restaurant carry?
CHL Class taken: Aug. 22nd
Online Application done and packet mailed: Sept. 29th
Packet recieved: Oct. 13th
Fingerprints complete: Oct. 17th
Background check complete/manufacturing pending: Oct. 28th
Mailed: Oct. 30th
Plastic in hand: Nov. 4th

36 Days Mailbox to mailbox!!!

Keith B

Re: Motorcycle Trip: Texas to Georgia. Any Open Carry?

Post by Keith B »

Here is your best source for info on CHL and carrying http://www.handgunlaw.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Click on the state you want and it will give you a good rundown on the statutes and rules.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Other States”