OH: Shooting range shut down over building code violations

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

OH: Shooting range shut down over building code violations

Post by seamusTX »

Shooting range grandfathered into an area where it would not be permitted now, shut down for possible building code or safety violations.

http://www.columbuslocalnews.com/articl ... 0pm_13.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My quick take on this is city officials in cahoots with developers and NIMBY types, but that's easy for me to say, not being there and all.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Texas Size 11

Re: OH: Shooting range shut down over building code violatio

Post by Texas Size 11 »

It's been my experience that money talks...I used to live on the Florda Gulf Coast and it was amazing what the developers got away with and how they managed to get around about anything thrown their way.
Never pet a burning dog...

Jumping Frog

Re: OH: Shooting range shut down over building code violatio

Post by Jumping Frog »

The Powder Room is open again.

After they found bullet holes in the building exterior, they did some maintenance, passed inspection, and are back to normal.

However, another terrific local range, the Big Darby Creek Shooting Range is still under a court order shutting them down. A local business got an injunction on June 14th shutting down the range. The range filed detailed engineering plans with the court August 17th for range safety improvements, but are still in limbo. If the plans are approved, it is 4-6 weeks worth of work before the range could open again. It has been a devastating hardship for a local small business pitted against a large multi-billion corporation (Battelle Memorial Institute). We all hope that he doesn't go under.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Other States”