OH - LEO Notification goes BAD, really BAD.

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OH - LEO Notification goes BAD, really BAD.

Post by MeMelYup »

terryg wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
terryg wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Yep! That's what they think. "Guns are dangerous. I am the only one professional enough that I know of in this room to handle this Glock 40." :evil2:
fixed it for ya
Yeah, I was working from (faulty) memory.
That's ok - I just remember because I was thinking that pretty much ANYBODY in the room would be more qualified ...
You forgot the "KBoom" on the end. :fire :fire

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 9

Post by sjfcontrol »

Implied!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

JJVP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JJVP »

Not the first time Mr. Congeniality has gone nuts. Here is a second video. I hope they fire him and put him in jail. He has no business being a cop. :mad5

http://www.fox8.com/videobeta/314f65d3- ... Canton-Cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

C-dub wrote:
JJVP wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:Ah, just following their example. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Man, they are more advanced in OH regarding CCW than here in TX. According to Mr. Schulman you can carry in universities, schools and bars. :totap:
In some areas they might be, but I bet it is much easier for a business to restrict carry than it is here. And many states restrict carry in government buildings and city property.
Man we need a sarcasm smilie. You can't carry in a university or a school or bar in OH. Mr. Schulman is an idiot. :tiphat:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 9

Post by baldeagle »

JJVP wrote:Not the first time Mr. Congeniality has gone nuts. Here is a second video. I hope they fire him and put him in jail. He has no business being a cop. :mad5

http://www.fox8.com/videobeta/314f65d3- ... Canton-Cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amazing! He does the exact same thing - threatening to shoot the man - "I'll shoot you in the face and I'll go to sleep at night". This cop needs to go and never serve in a LEO capacity anywhere ever. He's need psychological counseling.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Poldark wrote:There are good LEO's out there team.

Oceanside Open Carry

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Officer Lyons has a book to promote...
I'd say this video does him a ton of good free press.

Kudos on this stop, regardless of the secondary agenda. Check the author on this book. :lol:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

speedsix
Posts in topic: 27

Post by speedsix »

...the great majority of fine LEO's are why jerks like this stink so bad...the contrast is night and day...we've especially got a lot of fine ones in Texas...putting my old crew in La. to shame...we've got some blue knights for sure...

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

chasfm11 wrote:
Blindref757 wrote:I would be willing to bet that this officer talks to people like this every night he works. He needs to find a new line of work.
:iagree: I'd be willing to bet that he isn't alone on this conduct either. His partner's willingness to tolerate the outbursts indicates that the opinion of the City Councilman is understood within the department. Like just about everywhere else, I'm sure that the department has a lot of good, dedicated officers. There will always be a few officers like this one who need to be kept in line.
If the 98% were worried about teh bad name they get from the 2%, they'd do something about it. Ever time we hear about "just this one bad cop", video shows at least one other right there with him doing nothing about it. Sometimes a dozen plus. Nobody does anything? Is it really just that one cop thats bad?

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

I agree 100%. I cannot beleive that his partner stood there and did nothing to calm down the irate cop. If you notice his partner makes sure to stay out of the frame most of the time so you know he is thinking about how bad this situation is. If this guy was one bad apple then the logic would dictate the question, where is the bad apple that trained him.
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bilgerat57 »

Just found an update on this "event" at http://ohioccw.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Apparently the PD and prosecutor are adamant about getting their 'pound of flesh' from this poor guy. They have set a trial date of November 9th. I'm beginning to think that this township would have been perfectly comfortable in 1940 Germany....... :banghead:
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Interesting the difference between Texas and Ohio. They have to constantly sue the government to get their rights under the constitution and Ohio law. :txflag:

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jumping Frog »

philip964 wrote:Interesting the difference between Texas and Ohio. They have to constantly sue the government to get their rights under the constitution and Ohio law. :txflag:
What is going on here is the prosecutor knows that the city is facing a lot of liability from a civil suit, so they are desperately trying to push through any kind of criminal conviction so that it will help their defense in the civil rights case.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bilgerat57 »

Jumping Frog wrote:
philip964 wrote:Interesting the difference between Texas and Ohio. They have to constantly sue the government to get their rights under the constitution and Ohio law. :txflag:
What is going on here is the prosecutor knows that the city is facing a lot of liability from a civil suit, so they are desperately trying to push through any kind of criminal conviction so that it will help their defense in the civil rights case.
Given the nature and degree of the evidence against the officer, I would think that the best course would be for them to dismiss the charges and hammer the officer into the ground, then tell the civil case jury, "Yes an error was made and we vigorously corrected it!" You can bet that man's attorney will use the criminal proceedings to inflame the civil jury against the govt. and township. Even if they win the criminal case it's going to bite them on the backside. I wouldn't be surprised if the feds get called to investigate possible civil rights violations by the PD since this is not the only incident involving this officer. :rules:
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

bilgerat57 wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
Given the nature and degree of the evidence against the officer, I would think that the best course would be for them to dismiss the charges and hammer the officer into the ground, then tell the civil case jury, "Yes an error was made and we vigorously corrected it!" You can bet that man's attorney will use the criminal proceedings to inflame the civil jury against the govt. and township. Even if they win the criminal case it's going to bite them on the backside. I wouldn't be surprised if the feds get called to investigate possible civil rights violations by the PD since this is not the only incident involving this officer. :rules:
Really? This administration? I am surprised Holder and company are not spinning this incident into "why there should be no guns in cars".
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

wconn33

Post by wconn33 »

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they are going to court on the 9th to press charges anyway.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

Return to “Other States”