Pictures of your "Black Guns"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by Beiruty »

MedicMan218 wrote:
shipwreck wrote:My Two PS90s :)

Man I'd love to have a PS90 to throw behind the back seat of my truck but the cost of the ammo keeps me away.
Why there is no PS90 in 223? Never mind, PS90 is blow-back design.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jcarp02 »

NcongruNt wrote:Your Eotech seems to be mounted a bit far forward on the rail, unless you've got a quick-detach magnifier that normally goes on behind there.
I just kind of put it on there. I haven't even had a chance to get it sighted in or anything. Wasn't really sure where to put it. My plan was to get folding iron sights first and get the Eotech later, but came across a good deal on this one. But I mounted it a little more forward because I do plan on putting the folding sights on it and figured I would need a little room. I looked at some pictures on another forum for similar setups, and tried to put it around where they had it. How far back should I move it?

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kalipsocs »

jcarp02 wrote:
NcongruNt wrote:Your Eotech seems to be mounted a bit far forward on the rail, unless you've got a quick-detach magnifier that normally goes on behind there.
I just kind of put it on there. I haven't even had a chance to get it sighted in or anything. Wasn't really sure where to put it. My plan was to get folding iron sights first and get the Eotech later, but came across a good deal on this one. But I mounted it a little more forward because I do plan on putting the folding sights on it and figured I would need a little room. I looked at some pictures on another forum for similar setups, and tried to put it around where they had it. How far back should I move it?
I don't want to double post mine but its around page 24 or 25 for an example. I have (since the picture) put folding sights on it and it only took up about 2 slots worth of real estate on the rail. Mine has the T marks, and mine is at T7 with no magnifier. If you aren't using a magnifier then I would have the eotech and the rear BUS relatively close....just seems to work better with the cowitness but then again mine is a different setup than yours and I am not exactly an expert. If you do get a magnifier then you will just have to adjust to get it all to fit as close as possible. Hope that helps.

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

jcarp02 wrote:
You could move it back 2 maybe 3 notches, IF you want to. I keep mine a little far forward and it works just fine for me. However I did originally decide to place it that far forward with the intent to get the EOTECH flip to side mount magnifier to go behind it.

Your choice. It's a red dot, so no worry about sight radius, just put the dot on it and squeeze the noise maker.

But I highly suggest you get some BUIS on it.
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 15

Post by NcongruNt »

kalipsocs wrote:
jcarp02 wrote:
I don't want to double post mine but its around page 24 or 25 for an example. I have (since the picture) put folding sights on it and it only took up about 2 slots worth of real estate on the rail. Mine has the T marks, and mine is at T7 with no magnifier. If you aren't using a magnifier then I would have the eotech and the rear BUS relatively close....just seems to work better with the cowitness but then again mine is a different setup than yours and I am not exactly an expert. If you do get a magnifier then you will just have to adjust to get it all to fit as close as possible. Hope that helps.
Page 22. You can get to it directly using this link:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=14417&start=315#p400249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then I looked at my rifle and realized I've done the same thing, and I'm not sure why. I went and remounted it 3 slots back from where it was, and certainly gives me a better sight picture than the way it was before. I'll have to go and take new photos now, as the position of the optics in my last post doesn't look right to me anymore:

NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 49

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jcarp02 wrote:
Here is the positioning on my carbine of an EOTech, the magnifier, and the rear BUIS:

Keep in mind that how much room you need between the sight and the magnifier is going to depend on whether the reticle adjustment brightness/on/off buttons are located on the side or the rear of the sight body. I deliberately bought a unit with the buttons on the side because I wanted to fit a magnifier back there on a flip to side mount and be able to adjust the brightness with the magnifier in the upright position.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jcarp02

Post by jcarp02 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
jcarp02 wrote:
Here is the positioning on my carbine of an EOTech, the magnifier, and the rear BUIS:

Keep in mind that how much room you need between the sight and the magnifier is going to depend on whether the reticle adjustment brightness/on/off buttons are located on the side or the rear of the sight body. I deliberately bought a unit with the buttons on the side because I wanted to fit a magnifier back there on a flip to side mount and be able to adjust the brightness with the magnifier in the upright position.
Thanks for the pic, TAM. So what does a decent magnifier go for? Any particular brands?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 49

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well mine is an EOTech brand magnifier, and they, along with magnifier's made by other top line manufacturers like Aimpoint and others, tend to run right around $500 +/- a few bucks, with the A.R.M.S. flip to side mount included.

You can pay a lot less than that for off brands. My son has one like that, and I think that the total price in using a knockoff of the A.R.M.S. mount was under $200, but I don't remember the exact price. He bought it at the Ft Worth gunshow. The magnifier itself is "OK," good enough for most use I would imagine, but the flip to side mount was garbage, and it broke about a year later.

Like with most things, you get what you pay for.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Sniper John

Post by Sniper John »

Old School retro Colt 02 clone.

FiveOh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FiveOh »

My black rifle

My Boomstick

RECIT
Posts in topic: 18

Post by RECIT »

FiveOh wrote:My black rifle

My Boomstick

Is that foliage green on your AR? I ask b/c I just bought a magpul set in Urban Dark Earth, it was a unique color offered by LaRue for a while but I found it for cheap at SOG Armory and they were happy to give me a deal on it b/c they had no box or any LaRue schwagg or anything. I'm happy but found out I had the wrong diameter buffer tube when I got home so it sits in my safe waiting for me to get a mil-spec buffer tube.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

FiveOh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FiveOh »

Yessir, Foliage. It's not what everyone else has, and it's still green.

TEXTOYS

Post by TEXTOYS »

Bcm 14.5" mid-length upper with Bcm auto BCG , Battlecomp 1.5 muzzle brake,Eotech 517 on a LMT lower

Last edited by TEXTOYS on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TEXTOYS

Post by TEXTOYS »

M&P 15-22,Bushmaster A2 with AK muzzle brake,BCM 16" upper on a LMT lower..

Also my H&K USP compact and my Ruger LCR

Mossberg 930 spx

74novaman
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 74novaman »

Hm. I think thats the first time that I've ever seen a '74 brake used on an AR. interesting. Nice collection textoys. :cheers2:
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”