Mosin Nagant

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mosin Nagant

Post by UpTheIrons »

big 54r wrote:
atticus wrote: If you shoot good ammo thru a MN (eg. S&B) you will generally get better results. Besides, there are some inexpensive measures that can improve accuracy on a MN (eg. corking the end of the stock).

atticus you must elaborate more on these accurizing techniques for the Mosin:
*corking end of stock etc.

please post more techniques!
I'm not atticus, but here are the two techniques I've sen:
Corking: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu63.htm
Bedding: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu75.htm

Have fun with your fire-breather!
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

atticus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by atticus »

The Box-o-Truth article (linked in the UptheIrons post above) is the source on corking. The article is well laid out and easy to follow. Corking is an inexpensive technique to improve accuracy on some mosin nagants, although it doesn't work equally well on all guns. Gotta love those MNs. ;-)

big 54r

Post by big 54r »

good deal...I;ll have to find a place with some cork...maybe a fish and tackle place will have some.

I never thought about using jbweld as a bedding compound before, nice.

I think I'll try both on my m44 and see what happens.

thanx guy's.

atticus

Post by atticus »

Try a crafts store or hobby store for flat cork. It will be about 1/8 inch thick. That's what you need. Out here the stores are called Michaels and Hobby Lobby. It comes in small pieces, about 4" square or so.

jlangton
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jlangton »

You can also use gasket material if you have any around. I used some graphite based gasket material to bed my 10/22's receiver to the new stock when I put it together with the target barrel.
JL
"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
-Thomas Jefferson.

6/14/08-CHL Class
10/15/08-Plastic in Hand

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

I know it is more of a permanent job, but acra glass gel has always done well by me. It is fairly cheap and easy to use in my opinion. Plus, when you are done, the receiver and barrel will fit like a glove in the stock. I have never done a bedding job that did not greatly improve accuracy. Can't say i've ever done a Moisin, but I have done other guns that presented a more difficult job than a Moisin, and they all turned out good.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”