Ammo Matters, Noobs Only, Old-Timers Cover Thy Ears

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ammo Matters, Noobs Only, Old-Timers Cover Thy Ears

Post by 77346 »

drjoker wrote:I am still trying to take it apart for cleaning, though.
AK-47? Just hose it down... :lol:

j/k
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

XGC Radioactive
Posts in topic: 2

Post by XGC Radioactive »

77346 wrote:
drjoker wrote:I am still trying to take it apart for cleaning, though.
AK-47? Just hose it down... :lol:

j/k
youtube is great for finding out how to field strip guns. I've never not been able to find a gun on there.
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
Ted Nugent

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

SigM4 wrote:
C-dub wrote:We're shooting those Remington Golden Bullets in our Colt 1911-22 and M&P15-22 and only have a problem about every 100-200 rounds. Even then all we do is clear it manually and go on. We did have fewer problems with the Winchester M22 stuff, but the Remington GBs haven't been a nuisance.
Was this recently, or a while back? I've heard that the GB is "new and improved", but have yet to see/shoot it. Maybe they've made a turn for the better.
I bought it about a month or so ago.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

why did they go & make one of the simplest semi auto guns ever (the AK) so complicated by trying to make it work even more simply?

mewalke

Post by mewalke »

Jumping Frog wrote:I've always found Remington Golden Bullets to be absolute garbage. They've got a horrible online reputation as well.
I don't know, they work great in my Henry Lever Action. Of course, I've never had any problem with any ammo in the Henry. I love semi-autos but some of the older "manual" actions can't be beat for reliability with various ammo types.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jumping Frog wrote:I've always found Remington Golden Bullets to be absolute garbage. They've got a horrible online reputation as well.
They won't shoot well in your computer? :mrgreen:

I have about 2-1/2 boxes of that Remington gold. You're right....it is kind of crappy ammo. My Ruger 22/45 digests it mostly OK, and actually, so does my M&P15-22. I've had an occasional failure to ignite with it, and an occasional failure to feed, but probably something like 98 out of 100 go bang. I'm not using either gun in self-defense, so I'm not real worried about it; but the next time I stock up on .22LR after prices come down, I'll spend a little more and get the Federal blue box with which I've had very good results in both guns.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
They won't shoot well in your computer? :mrgreen:

I have about 2-1/2 boxes of that Remington gold. You're right....it is kind of crappy ammo. My Ruger 22/45 digests it mostly OK, and actually, so does my M&P15-22. I've had an occasional failure to ignite with it, and an occasional failure to feed, but probably something like 98 out of 100 go bang. I'm not using either gun in self-defense, so I'm not real worried about it; but the next time I stock up on .22LR after prices come down, I'll spend a little more and get the Federal blue box with which I've had very good results in both guns.
My S&W model 622 pistol eats the Golden Bullet with no problem but it seems to spray me with a lot of hot gun powder. Every few shots I feel little "stings". My S&W eats everything though. Great shooter. Too bad they d/c that line.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

SigM4 wrote:
C-dub wrote:We're shooting those Remington Golden Bullets in our Colt 1911-22 and M&P15-22 and only have a problem about every 100-200 rounds. Even then all we do is clear it manually and go on. We did have fewer problems with the Winchester M22 stuff, but the Remington GBs haven't been a nuisance.
Was this recently, or a while back? I've heard that the GB is "new and improved", but have yet to see/shoot it. Maybe they've made a turn for the better.

I have been able to snag a few bricks in the last few months. Almost no difficulties with them now. They've improved to the level of the Federal I shot pre Obama Bullet Bubble II.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”