Daniel Defense M4's are hard to find now...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 2

Daniel Defense M4's are hard to find now...

Post by Scott in Houston »

I already own a DDM4V1 and love it.
I paid $1199 for it in March or April of 2011.

I want another one. Maybe a V3. I can't find them anywhere. Almost all are dealers are out of stock, and if they have one, it's pricey!!! ($1599 or more)

Is this due to the fear of government after the Aurora shooting? Anyone else shopping for a DD or an AR in general that notices a change?

74novaman

Re: Daniel Defense M4's are hard to find now...

Post by 74novaman »

I think prices on EBRs and ammo will continue to rise until the election.

That's why I'll probably wait till next year to finish my AR.
TANSTAAFL

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

74novaman wrote:I think prices on EBRs and ammo will continue to rise until the election.

That's why I'll probably wait till next year to finish my AR.
Next year it may be illegal for you to buy even "parts" to finish. Grab one while you can!

Don't forget your ammo.

They are not forgetting theirs:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=57388&hilit=Social+Security" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

carlson1 wrote:
Next year it may be illegal for you to buy even "parts" to finish. Grab one while you can!

Don't forget your ammo.

They are not forgetting theirs:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=57388&hilit=Social+Security" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I guess I'm an optimist, but I don't think that'll be an issue by next year for a couple of reasons.

1) I think the likelihood of Obama losing is pretty decent. In addition, I simply don't see a scenario where the Republicans lose the House. Even if the democrats manage to hold onto the Senate, no anti gun legislation is getting through that Republican house.

2) Gun control has proved a losing issue, even for democrats. Would many of the Democrats in power love to ban guns? Of course. But we even have admitted Obama supporters on this site, who I assume are gun people so even his own base is starting to get into the hobby. Frankly, if they weren't able to pass ANYTHING (even a magazine capacity limit or further restrictions on selling) after a Congresswoman was shot, they simply won't touch the issue. Congresscritters on both sides of the aisle are self loving, self important types. If one of their own can get shot and it doesn't motivate them to pass gun control I honestly don't know what will.

All that being said, I am 100% committed to getting Obama out. His SCOTUS appointments alone are anti gun and reason enough for anyone who loves the freedoms we enjoy as Americans to vote against him.

Sorry for the slightly off topic political commentary on a rifle thread. :tiphat:

I also believe that people are worried enough about the possibility of potential bans that prices/availability of ARs, AKs, magazines, handguns and ammo will continue to increase as the election nears from so called "panic buying" alone.

I bought my first AK for ~$300 in August of 2008. If I had waited until November, I would have been paying $600.

If you are going to panic buy, I figure this month is about the latest its financially smart to do so. If you don't get it done by September, you're going to pay way more than you should. Just like in 08, I figure prices will start to depress and calm down around March of next year.

I hope I'm right. :thumbs2:
TANSTAAFL

gigag04
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gigag04 »

Been looking for a V7 for a while.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Just checked distribution to see if anything was available, looks like the 6.8 and 300AAC is availavle and V7 in camo patterns in 5.56 but that is all and only 1 distributor has them in limited quantities (under 10). I am thinking the DD cannot keep up with production.
Salty1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

74novaman wrote: 1) I think the likelihood of Obama losing is pretty decent. In addition, I simply don't see a scenario where the Republicans lose the House. Even if the democrats manage to hold onto the Senate, no anti gun legislation is getting through that Republican house.
:iagree:
74novaman wrote:2) Gun control has proved a losing issue, even for democrats. Would many of the Democrats in power love to ban guns? Of course. But we even have admitted Obama supporters on this site, who I assume are gun people so even his own base is starting to get into the hobby. Frankly, if they weren't able to pass ANYTHING (even a magazine capacity limit or further restrictions on selling) after a Congresswoman was shot, they simply won't touch the issue. Congresscritters on both sides of the aisle are self loving, self important types. If one of their own can get shot and it doesn't motivate them to pass gun control I honestly don't know what will.
The problem is that IF the obamanation is re-elected he won't have anything to lose by doing something through either an Executive Order some other branch with some odd kind of regulation or tax. It might not amount to anything, but I don't think it is a completely irrational fear.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Rugrash

Post by Rugrash »

I've got one 300 Blackout in stock... We don't even bother asking DD for any delivery dates since they don't know themselves.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Daniel_Defe ... 165-ns.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Rug

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

gigag04 wrote:Been looking for a V7 for a while.
You haven't gotten your rifle yet?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

AEA

Post by AEA »

74novaman wrote: 1) I think the likelihood of Obama losing is pretty decent. In addition, I simply don't see a scenario where the Republicans lose the House. Even if the democrats manage to hold onto the Senate, no anti gun legislation is getting through that Republican house.
I also think MaoBama's loss is imminent. But, if he does figure a way to steal the election and the GOP keeps the House, I guarantee you he will do an "End Run" with the UN Arms Control initiative (that is still looming) and whatever Executive Order he can come up with.

If I was considering buying, I'd be buying NOW. :thumbs2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

Rugrash wrote:I've got one 300 Blackout in stock... We don't even bother asking DD for any delivery dates since they don't know themselves.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Daniel_Defe ... 165-ns.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Rug
Love your store. I bought my Aimpoint, sling, mounts and light for my current DD from you guys.
I'm in Memorial and take the drive to Pearland for y'all because it's worth it.

When I get my next DD, I'll get your red dot and magnifier. (is that the right term?)

gigag04
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gigag04 »

C-dub wrote:
Nope. Cant fid em.

About to order a Colt 6920 just to be down with the hunt.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

gigag04 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Nope. Cant fid em.

About to order a Colt 6920 just to be down with the hunt.
Wow! Sorry to hear about that. I guess I really did get lucky finding mine when I did. Oh well, maybe after you get something to hold you over you can start building your ideal rifle piece by piece.

SDenton

Post by SDenton »

Black rifles (and parts) are getting harder to source across the board right now - not impossible, just harder. I do a lot of transfers, and saw things start to pick up around Feb, peak in April, then drop off a little around the start of May (a lot were tax refund buys) - most of my customers then were handgun purchases, with a few black rifles and misc other stuff.

Last month or so there has been another surge, mostly AR pattern rifles and the occasional Saiga, with multiple customers making sure the guns had AWB features like bayonet lugs on them - purchases now are more driven by fear of the AWB or similar being reinstated.

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper »

Scott in Houston wrote:I already own a DDM4V1 and love it.
I paid $1199 for it in March or April of 2011.

I want another one. Maybe a V3. I can't find them anywhere. Almost all are dealers are out of stock, and if they have one, it's pricey!!! ($1599 or more)

Is this due to the fear of government after the Aurora shooting? Anyone else shopping for a DD or an AR in general that notices a change?

I picked mine up at Champion Firearms in College Station DDM4V1LW. They had a pretty healthy selection at the time (about three weeks ago). They had 6 left after I bought mine and had more coming from their distributors (at least that's what they told me)
What chance does America have if good people do nothing?

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”