Does Palin have a dark secret?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

kitty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Does Palin have a dark secret?

Post by kitty »

What do ya'll do about trolls around here, because I think I see one. :totap:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

What caliber for trolls?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:What caliber for trolls?
Both barrels.
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I don't know about trolls; however, this thread has certainly drawn out a bunch of self serving sanctimonious respondents of questionable background, location and parentage. Can you pick them out?

Yes. I'm definitely voting for Palin and McCain. She may be the best thing that has happened to the Washington and federal government scene...ever. Did I mention your RKBA?

The Oldgringo said that! :patriot:

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

Paul/Palin '08.

Oh, sorry, I dozed off a bit and dreamed of a better world...

:coolgleamA:

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Now, more than ever - I'm voting for Palin and McCain. :fire Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

Palin delivered tonight. So much for her claimed "inexperience" translating to a weak and vulnerable VP candidate who'd never taken a national stage in the televised spotlight.

I can tell she did a particularly good job because the follow-on comments from Democrats sounded more like loud squabbling among a kindle of kittens than logical analysis. And, of course, after a few days of raking her over the coals about her family life the media got all whiny when speakers started returning fire at the "liberal media."

It was a good night. Huckabee did good, the governor of Hawaii did good, Giulianni did good, and I think Palin exceeded expectations.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike1951 »

I think you can expect a "no holds barred" response from the Dems from now on.

This is good. An angry Dem is a stupid Dem.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

NathanJK
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NathanJK »

WOW, I had no idea that A: I could possibly cause such a stir. B: that so many people had so many freaking kids. I've never been around very many large families and the noise, commotion, and ruckus caused by them is a real turn off to me. I come from a small family and was an only child, my wife has two sisters...at least one of which was an attempt to fix a failing marriage. Her extended family tends to be much larger and younger than mine, and she has seen first hand that it can be difficult to "manage" large groups of offspring. The largest family group in my family has 3 children but the youngest of those children is 40 now. I write that one off to a generational thing. Very few of my friends and people my age are even interested in having kids, and the majority who do have them did not plan on it if you get my drift. Watching people my age have unplanned pregnancies has helped to shape my opinion of people and families involved with them. I generally consider it a failing in some form or fashion and in some degree of everyone involved. With the myriad forms of birth control available these days and a small dose of self control, it should be possible for virtually anyone with half a brain to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. At the very least I think that Sarah Palin and her husband should have done a much better job of educating their daughter on how NOT to get pregnant. I realize they may have tried their hardest and failed, but any failure by someone who may run my country worries me.

My earlier post was not at all tongue in cheek and I meant every word of it. It only takes a drive through the city to realize that while the world itself may not be overpopulated in a completely literal sense, there are definitely a few too many people. I don't think anyone can argue that we are consuming natural resources at an alarming rate and replenishing them way too slowly. I don't care that we could fit the whole world into Alaska, because you could not sustain yourself for a lifetime or even for a day on your 4 square foot plot of land, not to mention the generations to come. To think otherwise jeopardizes the futures of all of those children you know ;-) Sarcastically speaking, I'm glad to have received such a WARM welcome now. My screen name on here is the same one I use almost everywhere if it is available. It happens to be my first name, middle, and then last initial. I'd say that I'm sorry if I offended but I'm really not. I say what I feel and I mean what I say, and I feel its my prerogative to do so. Feel free to direct me to the nearest cliff to jump off of and I'm sure we can all get along. It's only the internet after all!

As for political affiliations, I'm leaning towards Bob Barr this go around, I'm not thrilled with any of them but he seems better than the rest. Yes, I do realize he his on his third marriage and most likely cheated on at least one of his wives, this does not thrill me in the least and certainly constitutes a character flaw but at least his policies will waste less of my money overall. Far more than family sizes, pregnant daughters, cheating husbands, or the war in Iraq...I care most about my money (or lack thereof).

Edit: I'm pretty sure I got called a troll (that was a first by the way, and I've probably frequented 20 or more forums over the years...top notch work there!) and a sanctimonious person of questionable parentage, background and location. I don't really get the location bit...perhaps I was being called a yankee? That one perplexes me, I was born and raised in Dallas...but if I WAS a yankee I can't particularly see that it would matter. People move so much these days it doesn't matter really what state you are from anymore. Maybe its just that I'm not country enough for you though, I'm comfortable with that though. Now, I thought you might have had something with the sanctimonious comment, but it turns out I'm not. Now I DO tend to think I'm better than most other people, so I may be a little full of myself, but I'm not terribly hypocritical which I would have to be to count as sanctimonious. I'll leave the parentage part alone, my parents would probably be upset if they new that I was inciting conflict and trouble...they tried very hard to raise me right you know ;-)

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

Nathan,

The answer to a world gone astray is to raise children with faith and morals to set the standard for the others.

I am sorry you can't see that.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

NathanJK wrote:I come from a small family and was an only child, my wife has two sisters...
Some folks I knew when I was growing up had 12 kids spanning 19 years, and starting when the mother was 17. Last time I heard from any of them, they were all successful and the parents are still together and running the same (now very successful) business they started when they got married. I never asked, but there was a rumor that it was the traditional shotgun wedding - the oldest's birthday and their 20th anniversary date would make it pretty close. Maybe it's not always a bad thing to start young, though I guess in your book they are failures.
At the very least I think that Sarah Palin and her husband should have done a much better job of educating their daughter on how NOT to get pregnant.
Sure, because education has completely eliminated AIDS, hasn't it? Or could it be that people will still do things knowing that they shouldn't?
I realize they may have tried their hardest and failed, but any failure by someone who may run my country worries me.
So every stupid thing you've ever done is because your parents failed at raising one kid? Sounds like if she's only overlooked one issue so far in raising five she's doing pretty well.
Feel free to direct me to the nearest cliff to jump off of and I'm sure we can all get along.
Well, that would be doing your part to light a candle rather than curse the darkness of overpopulation, but I'm sure you can use Google Driving Directions on your own.

drw

Post by drw »

Nathan has convictions that are very different and unpopular from those on this forum, and by sharing his convictions he was rewarded with personal attacks.

After reading Oldgringo's most recent post, it took me 2 hours to get that rotten feeling out of my chest. Words are hurtful and there are real people reading your harmful words. This is a different group of people than I thought it was when I joined this forum earlier this year, and I'm disappointed.

Nathan, I don't agree with you at all, but I'm sorry that you were attacked after your made yourself vulnerable by writing about your convictions. You didn't deserve the responses that you got here.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

NathanJK wrote:Watching people my age have unplanned pregnancies has helped to shape my opinion of people and families involved with them. I generally consider it a failing in some form or fashion and in some degree of everyone involved. With the myriad forms of birth control available these days and a small dose of self control, it should be possible for virtually anyone with half a brain to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. At the very least I think that Sarah Palin and her husband should have done a much better job of educating their daughter on how NOT to get pregnant.
This shows a complete lack of education about birth control on your part.

My wife has borne three children, all of them conceived while using birth control pills. The one child we have together was unplanned (we each had two, and didn't plan to have another), but he was hardly a mistake -- and he was born 9 months and 1 day after the wedding.

There is only one sure method of birth control, and ironically it's the one advocated by Gov. Palin and pooh-poohed by the Left. But when practiced, it is 100% effective.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

drw wrote:Nathan has convictions that are very different and unpopular from those on this forum, and by sharing his convictions he was rewarded with personal attacks.

After reading Oldgringo's most recent post, it took me 2 hours to get that rotten feeling out of my chest. Words are hurtful and there are real people reading your harmful words. This is a different group of people than I thought it was when I joined this forum earlier this year, and I'm disappointed.

Nathan, I don't agree with you at all, but I'm sorry that you were attacked after your made yourself vulnerable by writing about your convictions. You didn't deserve the responses that you got here.
Just because someone truly means it doesn't make it right or an acceptable norm. A lot of historical figures had personal convictions that were resoundingly rejected; sometimes after catastrophic wars and the death of millions. His comments have no place on this forum -- period. He can take that tripe elsewhere.

He insulted not only Gov. Palin, he insulted numerous members of TexasCHLforum and their parents. I will no more let him continue with that garbage than I would let him insult my guests in my home.

Chas.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

NathanJK wrote:\At the very least I think that Sarah Palin and her husband should have done a much better job of educating their daughter on how NOT to get pregnant. I realize they may have tried their hardest and failed, but any failure by someone who may run my country worries me.
Nathan, you admit to being younger. Perhaps you need to admit also to being short on wisdom regarding parenting too. You have absolutely no idea (nor do I, for that matter) as to how much effort they put into educating their daughter on how not to get pregnant. You see the fact that she got pregnant as their (Sarah and her husband's) failure, and not their daughter's.

Let me pose an analogy to you... You're in school taking a math class, and every single day, your teacher tells you that the final exam will have several examples of quadratic equations to solve. The teacher teaches how to solve a quadratic equation, and shows you several different ways to approach the solution. You receive this training in how to solve a quadratic equation every single day you are in class. You are assigned homework after every class, in which you are allowed to use the book to solve the problems, thereby reinforcing the teaching you've been getting in the classroom. Come the final exam, you are unable to solve the problems, and you fail the test. Is that your teacher's failure, or yours?

Most people would say that it is yours, because that is your grade, not the teacher's. The teacher did everything he/she could to impart that knowledge. If you were not committing the teaching to memory, then it is your lack of paying attention that caused your failure to pass the exam - not the teacher's failure to teach it. Teaching is a 2 way relationship requiring both a capable teacher AND a willing student. If the student is unwilling to commit to his/her responsibilities in that relationship, then it wouldn't matter if the teacher were Aristotle himself, the student would still fail.

You can't, with any degree of reasonableness, pin the Palin daughter's failure to abstain from sex on her parents' failure to teach her.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Federal - 2008”