San Antonio this weekend

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
probation_officer
Posts in topic: 5

San Antonio this weekend

Post by probation_officer »

I mailed my App to DPS towards the end of May and assumed there was no way I would have mt CHL in hand before we left on 06/22 for the family vacation for San Antonio. After listening to my instructor and reading other posts I didn't even expect an update on the DPS site for atleast 30 days. Well yesterday my status was updated to MAILED.

Any suggestions going to SA. We are going to Sea World, RIver Walk, Alamo, Water Park, Bass Pro...I have actually read a few threads on here and another site and I there seems to be different opinions regarding Sea World. I have have read they have signs, they don't have signs, they have correct signs, they don't have correct signs. :confused5

Also, restaurants? We will have 4 kids with us, so nothing fancy or not kid friendly.

Route? Anyone travel regulary from East Tx to SA? I think we usually go a hwy 21 route. A friend says he drives to Houston and hits I10.

thanks!!

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: San Antonio this weekend

Post by SewTexas »

with 4 kids I'm assuming you have a wide age range, you might consider Morgan's Wonderland instead of one of the other parks, it's a bit cheaper and suppose to be very different but alot of fun....I've never been, but have alot of friends that have gone, they really enjoy it. It's designed for special needs but kids don't have to be special needs to enjoy it.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

That is my grandsons favorite place. It is lawfully 30.06 posted.

Topic author
probation_officer

SewTexas wrote:with 4 kids I'm assuming you have a wide age range, you might consider Morgan's Wonderland instead of one of the other parks, it's a bit cheaper and suppose to be very different but alot of fun....I've never been, but have alot of friends that have gone, they really enjoy it. It's designed for special needs but kids don't have to be special needs to enjoy it.

Thanks for the info, I just checked out their website and very cool and affordable compared to the other parks. We have two kids and the couple we are going with has two kids so the ages are actually close. Two boys age 8 and 7. Two girls both age 4.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I've been waiting to take some friends, they have 4 kids well spread out. I like the shading the park has
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Ipconfig

Post by Ipconfig »

Sea world is posted and its legal. Been there the last 2 days. Also watch out for the Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum, they have a red 515 sign by one door only.

Topic author
probation_officer

Ipconfig wrote:Sea world is posted and its legal. Been there the last 2 days. Also watch out for the Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum, they have a red 515 sign by one door only.
Thanks for the info, may be a moot point since I still haven't received my CHL. I assumed if it was mailed from Austin on Tuesday, I would have in my hands by Thursday. But I know there have been alot of mail processing centers closed including the one in Lufkin so I guess snail mail has become super snail mail.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

probation_officer wrote:
Ipconfig wrote:Sea world is posted and its legal. Been there the last 2 days. Also watch out for the Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum, they have a red 515 sign by one door only.
Thanks for the info, may be a moot point since I still haven't received my CHL. I assumed if it was mailed from Austin on Tuesday, I would have in my hands by Thursday. But I know there have been alot of mail processing centers closed including the one in Lufkin so I guess snail mail has become super snail mail.
We are going this weekend too. What percent of the bar/restaurants there are 51% posted on the Riverwalk? Poses an interesting dilemma if you are going into a mix of bars.

AEA

Post by AEA »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
probation_officer wrote:
We are going this weekend too. What percent of the bar/restaurants there are 51% posted on the Riverwalk? Poses an interesting dilemma if you are going into a mix of bars.
Just sit outside and do not enter the building. Just like a indoor Bar/Grill/Restaurant, just stay out of the bar area. :thumbs2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
probation_officer

I did not wonder around searching for the signs but I did look around while walking with the family from the parking lot to the entrance. We bought our tickets online and printed them at home. Were they at the ticket sales booth? They did search bags and purses. The security guy spotted my wife's badge in her purse and asked where her gun was. She advised them she didn't have one on her.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

probation_officer wrote:

I did not wonder around searching for the signs but I did look around while walking with the family from the parking lot to the entrance. We bought our tickets online and printed them at home. Were they at the ticket sales booth? They did search bags and purses. The security guy spotted my wife's badge in her purse and asked where her gun was. She advised them she didn't have one on her.
Wife's badge?

CHL badge?

LEO?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
probation_officer wrote:
I don't know of anything on the Riverwalk, including Dick's Last Resort, that's more bar than restaurant. Not a frequent visitor but walked it quite a few times. Now, street level there's a couple around the area that are real bars.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
probation_officer

Purplehood wrote:
probation_officer wrote:

Wife's badge?

CHL badge?

LEO?

What the heck is a CHL badge???

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

probation_officer wrote:
Purplehood wrote:
probation_officer wrote:

Wife's badge?

CHL badge?

LEO?

What the heck is a CHL badge???
The first thing that I thought of when you mentioned a badge in your wifes purse. :anamatedbanana
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

chane

Post by chane »

AEA wrote:Just sit outside and do not enter the building. Just like a indoor Bar/Grill/Restaurant, just stay out of the bar area. :thumbs2:

Wait, huh?

I goto restaurants all the time and usually find a booth or table in the "bar area" rather than waiting on the list to be seated. Am I misunderstanding that the whole establishment is either red 51% or not?

Return to “Off-Topic”