Wise Food Storage

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Wise Food Storage

Post by WildBill »

I have heard Wise Food Storage advertised on some of the conservative talk shows. I'm thinking of bug-out food, hurricanes, etc. Has anyone tried them? Comments? Alternatives?

http://wisefoodstorage.com/why-wise/faq.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

Hola Gato
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wise Food Storage

Post by Hola Gato »

Dehydrated food is good for traveling light but no advantage for sheltering in place especially if you have trouble getting clean potable water after a hurricane.
I didn't vote for Obama.
Somebody else did that.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've had them send me a sample of their food, and I plan to buy some. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't home cookin' either. Also, Cabelas has their own brand of the same sort of thing, available in pails just like the Wise Foods products.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

TxLobo wrote:I've seen something like it at a couple of shows that I have been to.. I don't think it was Wise Brand, but was still in the square bucket.. cost for the bucket was 99.00 I wished I could remember the company though..
You can be a Wise Foods franchisee, or reseller or associate....whatever they call it.....but I have seen Wise Foods for sale at a gun show before.

http://wisefoodstorage.com/contact/partner-signup.html
Thank you for your interest in becoming a partner/distributor for Wise Company, Inc. Just complete the form below and one of our Dealer Sales Representatives will contact you soon.
http://wisefoodstorage.com/contact/affi ... ogram.html
The Wise Company Affiliate Program provides online publishers with the opportunity to earn great commissions while giving visitors access to some of the highest quality freeze-dried food available today. As an affiliate, you will have access to a Wise Food Storage creative assets and product links that have been designed to appeal to your audience. Each time a visitor to your site clicks on one of these links and makes a purchase at WiseFoodStorage.com, you will earn 12% commission.
I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, but I have considered it before, so I give the above information to anyone who might be interested. There's a lot more interest in prepping these days than ever before, so this could be a lucrative side business for someone.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

rwg3

Post by rwg3 »

Check out Costco. They offer a pallet of buckets, full of dehydrated food. I don't recall if they suggested it was a 9 month or 1 yr supply. The price was reasonable I think, but honestly have not really done comparison shopping. They will ship the pallet to the destination of your choice.
"Moderation is the silken string running through the pearl-chain of all virtues", Thomas Fuller

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

If you are worried about water then buy a Berkey system. You can store water in 55 gallon drums, trash cans etc. and just run it through the Berkey. In a pinch I feel confident enough to use rain water but it would definitely shorten the life of the filters.

The Annoyed Man

rwg3 wrote:Check out Costco. They offer a pallet of buckets, full of dehydrated food. I don't recall if they suggested it was a 9 month or 1 yr supply. The price was reasonable I think, but honestly have not really done comparison shopping. They will ship the pallet to the destination of your choice.
Wise Foods guarantees a 25 year shelf life. Is Costco's that long?

#TINVOWOOT

AustinBoy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by AustinBoy »

I have heard that Costco claims a certain "serving" count but the "calorie" count is REALLY low for the price.
In survival food, calorie count is key.

I like Mountain House pouches. They are little more expensive but are REALLY easy to use and taste good enough that we eat them when we dont feel like cooking.
We kinda treat them like frozen dinners.

Through a ton of research, I only buy from http://www.beprepared.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have the best prices, cheap shipping and monthly specials.

Clean water is key. I have heard both good and bad about Berkey systems. I chose to go with a Sawyer .02 micron set up.

I dont think I can post other forums on here so PM if you want more info on a really good site.

AB
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

OverEasy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OverEasy »

The Wise 60 meal bucket that is advertised to feed one person for a month, only provides around 600 calories(2 meals) per day.
I have them for my emergency supplies. But I'm planning on 1-1/2 buckets (90 meals) per person per month. I haven't tried the food but I'm sure it will be better than grass, tree bark and bugs.
Honeyville Grain has them for a good price and they have 10%-15% off sales very often.
Cope's Distributing also sells them at a good price.
Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
rwg3 wrote:Check out Costco. They offer a pallet of buckets, full of dehydrated food. I don't recall if they suggested it was a 9 month or 1 yr supply. The price was reasonable I think, but honestly have not really done comparison shopping. They will ship the pallet to the destination of your choice.
Wise Foods guarantees a 25 year shelf life. Is Costco's that long?
Their food might be guaranteed for 25 years, but are you? :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Hola Gato wrote:Dehydrated food is good for traveling light but no advantage for sheltering in place especially if you have trouble getting clean potable water after a hurricane.
I agree potable water can be a problem if you are not prepared, but there is an advantage with a long shelf life product that you don't have to rotate your food supplies.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

AustinBoy wrote:I like Mountain House pouches. They are little more expensive but are REALLY easy to use and taste good enough that we eat them when we dont feel like cooking.
We kinda treat them like frozen dinners.

Through a ton of research, I only buy from http://www.beprepared.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have the best prices, cheap shipping and monthly specials.

Clean water is key. I have heard both good and bad about Berkey systems. I chose to go with a Sawyer .02 micron set up.

I dont think I can post other forums on here so PM if you want more info on a really good site.

AB
I don't want to overpay for anything that I buy, but I am not so worried about cost. The food would be a temporary solution unless things got back to normal. If the food is cheap and tastes horrible and you have to choke it down, what is the point?

If the Mountain House pouches are that good they sound like something I should try. Thanks for the tip AB. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

AustinBoy

Post by AustinBoy »

Agree with WildBill.

The Sawyer .02 can filter thousands of gallons of water. I bought 2.

Worst case, I can just rough filter and boil water.

The Mountain House pouches and #10 cans I am buying have an expiration date of 2035-2037.

AB
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

AustinBoy

Post by AustinBoy »

Great thing about the MH, is that you can buy a pouch for about $5-6 and try it out for dinnner.
If you like it, you can buy a #10 (a lot bigger) for less.

I buy at the website mentioned before (no affiliation) but I think Costco carries a 10 pack of MH pouches too.

AB
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”