More puppies killed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

More puppies killed

Post by philip964 »

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/04 ... ith-a-gun/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really can't tell what happened. Brandishing a magazine is a crime?

Seburiel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: More puppies killed

Post by Seburiel »

I can certainly see that, presented in the proper context, it could be taken as a threat, yes.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Come on... They're frightened by DRAWINGS of guns, and finger guns. A real gun part might cause them to go into cardiac arrest!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

If only the fMSM knew how many puppies they unwittingly kill every day. :cryin
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

The Annoyed Man wrote:If only the fMSM knew how many puppies they unwittingly kill every day. :cryin
PETA might step in to intervene, but only to say, "You ain't doing it right." "rlol"
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

Lots of information missing here.

atouk

Post by atouk »

Based on my experience with public schools, I bet a case of beer this is close to what happened.

1. The child was bullied at Marshall. The bullying was at the level of assault. TPC 22.01(a)(1) or 22.01(a)(2) and maybe Terrorist Threat 22.07(a)(2) or other serious crimes.

2. The parent went to the school to complain.

3. The administrator refused to protect the child in their care against illegal assault in the future.

4. The administrator refused to help prosecute the juvenile delinquent thugs who assaulted the child in the past.

5. The administrator refused to take any action against the juvenile thugs. (Accessory after the fact?)

6. The parent got upset at the administrator's depraved indifference and said something like, "If you won't protect my child, then I will."

7. The administrator waited until the parent left and then called the police and exaggerated the story.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jumping Frog wrote:No, a magazine is not a firearm.

They said she was charged with a felony. Aggravated Assault (Sec. 22.02) is a felony, but I'd be hard pressed to see how a magazine qualifies as "uses or exhibits a deadly weapon".

I'd suspect they are charging her under Sec. 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT.
Sec. 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT. (a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

(6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.
They said she was charged with a felony, and (a)(6) is an F3.
It appears as the "loaded clip" has nothing to do with the elements of the "crime." I doubt she would have been arrested if she had been empty handed. It seems like an unconstitionally vague law.

She will probably cop a plea to disorderly conduct and lose her right to get a CHL.
NRA Endowment Member

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

The woman reportedly left the campus after the alleged incident and officers were called. But on Friday, the school was on lockdown for about 45 minutes, KPRC reports, concerned Cotton-Noel would return and do harm.
Wait, what? Am I reading this right? "We're worried that someone is going to come shoot up the place, so we're not going to let anybody leave and get to safety."

:banghead:

Just for my own edification, if I ever have kids and they're in a school that's "locked-down" because officials believe someone is on their way to the school to start killing people, what's the best way to get my hypothetical children out?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Dave2 wrote:
The woman reportedly left the campus after the alleged incident and officers were called. But on Friday, the school was on lockdown for about 45 minutes, KPRC reports, concerned Cotton-Noel would return and do harm.
Wait, what? Am I reading this right? "We're worried that someone is going to come shoot up the place, so we're not going to let anybody leave and get to safety."

:banghead:

Just for my own edification, if I ever have kids and they're in a school that's "locked-down" because officials believe someone is on their way to the school to start killing people, what's the best way to get my hypothetical children out?
Home Schooling! :mrgreen:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Dave2 wrote:Just for my own edification, if I ever have kids and they're in a school that's "locked-down" because officials believe someone is on their way to the school to start killing people, what's the best way to get my hypothetical children out?
Home Schooling! :mrgreen:
Not a bad idea, and I'm surprised I hadn't thought of it since my sister and I were home schooled for about five years*. What if, for whatever reason, home-schooling isn't an option?

*[offtopic]
There were two downsides for me, neither of which are unavoidable...

The first is that I lagged in "social skills" compared to the other kids in my church's youth group, though this might just be because I'm introverted and stink at small talk (still do).

The second is that, because the only real schedule that we stuck to was "get at least a semester's worth of work done in a semester's worth of time" and I was often able to do a lot of the work in long "marathon sessions" later in the year, I never really developed the discipline that comes from having daily and weekly homework assignments (and being ADD really, really, really doesn't help in this regard). To this day (I'm 33), I do better by throwing myself almost exclusively at one topic until I've got it than I do by breaking it up into 1-2 hour chunks and addressing several topics in a day.

#2 really bit me in college. If you're home-schooling your children, please take the advice of someone who's been there and done that and ensure they have the discipline to cope with a "normal" learning schedule. You don't have to enforce it all the time, just make sure they can handle it if they need to.
[/offtopic]
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote:http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/04 ... ith-a-gun/

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Mothe ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently it is. Exhibition of firearm.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

philip964 wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/04 ... ith-a-gun/

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Mothe ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently it is. Exhibition of firearm.
Under what statue? Google to the resecue:
http://law.onecle.com/texas/education/37.125.00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
§ 37.125. EXHIBITION OF FIREARMS. (a) A person commits
an offense if the person, by exhibiting, using, or threatening to
exhibit or use a firearm, interferes with the normal use of a
building or portion of a campus or of a school bus being used to
transport children to or from school-sponsored activities of a
private or public school.
(b) An offense under this section is a third degree felony.

Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 260, § 1, eff. May 30, 1995.
However, to the common knowledge a Pistol Magazine is a firearms part or accessories. It is not a weapon or a firearm. Good lawyer will get her off in 5 mins. If she was charged with terroristic threat or Disorderly conduct then it might stick.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...taken from one of the news stories above:

Quick Clicks
Mother accused of bringing gun to...

'...According to court records, Noel told the assistant principal, "Inside my purse is a 9-millimeter gun and I will come up to the school and shoot the [expletive] up..."

...by the description of PC37.125 (a) posted above...she , if she did that, is guilty...she did threaten to use a gun...the showing of the magazine is not what she's charged for...only way a good lawyer could get her off is if the judge can't read the law...

Transplant

Post by Transplant »

"When they made one shotgun, they did not stop making them".

Great line!

Return to “Off-Topic”