TX: Government negotiated hotel rates

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Government negotiated hotel rates

Post by philip964 »

https://cis.org/Arthur/Taxpayers-Spend- ... erCrossers

This says a non profit corporation has negotiated $400 a person per night for hotel rooms in Texas for the Government to use for temporary housing.

TexasSully

Re: TX: Government negotiated hotel rates

Post by TexasSully »

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:52 pm https://cis.org/Arthur/Taxpayers-Spend- ... erCrossers

This says a non profit corporation has negotiated $400 a person per night for hotel rooms in Texas for the Government to use for temporary housing.
:mad5 :mad5 :mad5

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Ironically, government rates are typically higher than standard rates. Every time I've tried to book a hotel on a government rate, it's been $10-15 higher than the standard rate.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

400 a night for a room????? where are they staying the ritz ?

our governor should be buying them all a one way bus ticket to ca and toss in 250 each, we still make out

immigration is a federal things, so our state should refuse any federal relocated person from being dropped off in our state of which feds own less than 3%
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

For a room that's probably a $150 a night, the other $250 is for damages.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

ajwakeboarder wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:30 pm Ironically, government rates are typically higher than standard rates. Every time I've tried to book a hotel on a government rate, it's been $10-15 higher than the standard rate.
Ironically, it depends on the government. For about the first ten years I was employed by the state, the state hotel room rate was $85/night and we would not get reimbursed for anything more than that. And that included sales taxes because the state preferred to pay the tax so it did not hurt the localities. They got their share back anyway. We were also limited to $36/day for per diem and you did not get the whole amount on the day you left or returned (the assumption being at least one meal each of those days was eaten at home)

Then the state changed the rules to use the federal per diem rate in most counties. Amazingly, our hotel bills took a big jump to around $135/night. I have not traveled lately, so I don't know the current rates, but I do get better rates at most hotels by using my veteran status than using the government rate.
Steve Rothstein

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

$30 a night room ... $370 per person covid-19 sanitation fee per day ????

Return to “Off-Topic”