17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stroo
Posts in topic: 11

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by stroo »

If the proscutor isn't going to the grand jury, that probably means she is going to indict Zimmerman for a lower level charge, maybe something like manslaughter.

74novaman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 74novaman »

stroo wrote:If the proscutor isn't going to the grand jury, that probably means she is going to indict Zimmerman for a lower level charge, maybe something like manslaughter.
I've heard both sides...

Some think this is a way to keep "investigating" until our 24/7 news cycle finds something new to whine about....

Some think a grand jury wouldn't call for an indictment, so she's going to do so herself just because of political pressure/threats.

I honestly don't know which it is, and wouldn't bet money on either possibility. Could go either way, easily depending on what type of person she is.
TANSTAAFL

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 9

Post by i8godzilla »

Sounds like legal costs are rising.............

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(The site is getting quite a bit of traffic and shows "Service Unavailable" quite often.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Ameer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ameer »

stroo wrote:If the proscutor isn't going to the grand jury, that probably means she is going to indict Zimmerman for a lower level charge, maybe something like manslaughter.
I think it means she knows she has no case and she has a better chance of getting a ham sandwich certified Halal.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Ameer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ameer »

Beiruty wrote:Tit for tat aracial street war started. Tulsa , OK. 3 dead 2 injured all black. Suspect is described white male driving a white truck. NOT good. :totap:
That murder in Tulsa made the U.S.A. national news. This murder in Tulsa didn't. I wonder what's the difference? :headscratch
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 134

Post by mamabearCali »

VMI77 wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:Saw that...I used to really like Cosby, he seems to be getting more and more off his rocker. If Zimmerman had not had a gun that night the story would have been. "Neighborhood watch captain found with life threatening injuries" or even worse "Neighborhood watch captain found dead, police suspect foul play--left behind grieving wife and children." It was not the gun that caused the situation that night, but likely a stupid young man that felt disrespected and thought he could get away with "swinging on a man" as he had done before. Both Treyvon and George had every right to be where they were, and could be as suspicious as they wanted to be with each other. The problem start when Martin hit Zimmerman and then proceeded to jump on him and hit his head on the ground. I would even bet that if all Martin had done was to punch Zimmerman once in the face he would have gotten away with it, and nobody would have cried much for Zimmerman. It is the beating of the head on the ground that allows for a response of lethal force. So Mr. Cosby, perhaps we should blame Trayvon's fists and his actions for his death.
YOU may think the different outcome you describe would be worse, but that is in fact the desired outcome of all the leftists and race hustlers. If nothing else, Zimmerman deserved at least a beat down, because he's a member of the oppressor class, and thus, responsible for all his actions when they impact a member of the victim class. Trayvon is a member of the victim class, so he's not responsible for any of his actions. The people making hay out of this are not confused and they're not concerned with what reasonable people call justice, just their own version of "social justice." "Social justice" means those in the victim classes get to administer beat downs whenever they're "dissed," and they get to plunder the "undeserved" wealth of the oppressor class, either directly, or through government middle men. If they kill people, it's not their fault because they're "disadvantaged." That's why a guy with a clean record, an MBA, and a good job, gets a five year prison sentence for having a gun incorrectly locked in the trunk of his car and possessing evil "hollow points," but a convicted felon caught carrying a gun in his waistband gets a slap on the wrist.

And to be clear, the advocates of "social justice" are part of the enlightened elites, so the law and rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to them. The oppressor class is just those of us who work and save and live without government "entitlements."

Why I have a hard time sleeping from time to time. Worry not for me, but for my little ones. What type of a country will I give to them....makes my stomach and head hurt sometimes.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasmusic »

I'll start worrying when me and mine fall under "victim" status. Start calling someone a victim enough and they'll fall into the role. I'm happy to be the white male who is trash-talked and hated as long as I'm not demeaned to the point of being someone's victim.

It's a poison to a culture... and ironically while the enlightened-libs accuse conservative folks of this non-stop, it's their victim rhetoric which does the most damage.
i8godzilla wrote:Sounds like legal costs are rising.............

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(The site is getting quite a bit of traffic and shows "Service Unavailable" quite often.
What side is this link on? It's down now but I may want to check it out later and I'm not giving traffic the other guys.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Beiruty »

site is up.

Now are you ready and willing to donate?
I lost my full time employment last month and I am now watching my expenditures, nonetheless, I felt the urge to donate.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

How can you know that the website is really and actually run by Zimmerman? It smells like a scam to me.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:How can you know that the website is really and actually run by Zimmerman? It smells like a scam to me.
:iagree: Most likely a scam

If I were going to set up a donation system, I'd have my lawyer set up an account in a major banking institution, That would have some legitimacy behind it, rather than some anonymous website.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

VMI77
Posts in topic: 98

Post by VMI77 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
TheArmedFarmer wrote:How can you know that the website is really and actually run by Zimmerman? It smells like a scam to me.
:iagree: Most likely a scam

If I were going to set up a donation system, I'd have my lawyer set up an account in a major banking institution, That would have some legitimacy behind it, rather than some anonymous website.
According to this article, it's real...but then, it is an article in the MSM:http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Zimmer ... index.html
The statement posted on therealgeorgezimmerman.com warns viewers that "some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my 'Defense Fund' or 'Legal Fund.' I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time."
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
tallmike
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tallmike »

philip964 wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... rtin-case/

Bill Cosby blames it all on "the gun".
Not exactly. Cosby is basically saying the same thing that many of us have said on this board, don't do anything with a gun that you wouldn't do without the gun. He said we need to get the gun out of the hands of neighborhood watch folks because that gun gave him the courage to follow Martin.

Can we dispute that fact? Without a gun would Zimmerman have gotten out of his car to follow a 6'3" suspicious person who looked like he was on drugs? Maybe, but probably not. We shouldn't be so quick to defend the person we most associate with that we ignore the objective reality of the situation.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I am a website designer by profession, and this is one of the worst websites I've ever seen. I don't know if this is really his site or not. Could be a scam. Could be real. But if it is real, I'm surprised it took this long to put one up. The very first thing Treyvon Martin's parents did was hire a couple of race-baiting attorneys, who in turn hired a race-baiting publicist..............juuuuust before this story gained national attention. Coincidence? Only a retarded monkey would believe that.

Zimmerman, on the other hand, has done nothing to this point to counter that effort....until this poor excuse for a website, it if is indeed his. Apparently, Fox News believes it is his, because I just saw a story aired about it.

BTW, here is Treyvon Martin's official donations page: https://www.wepay.com/donations/3819. When you look at both websites, it is easy to see who has hired a publicist, and who hasn't.

People like Zimmerman, believing implicitly in their own innocence, tend to never consider the need for a publicist because they believe the truth to be self-evident. They are indignant at the thought of having to hire one. "Why should I have to hire someone to convince people of the truth? The truth is obvious!" In his mind, "truth" is "the facts of the case" and they speak for themselves......because he was there. For Martin's parents, who were not there, "truth" is "what we want it to be because we can't bear the possibility that our son was anything but another innocent black victim of the white racists." Of course the great irony in this paradigm is that such a generalized perception of white people is racist on the part of Martin's parents.

Treyvon Martin was a thug. His own Facebook page and his own Twitter account, as well as his school records and other indicators prove it. You don't really have to hire a publicist to convince people of it. A wee bit of due diligence research proves it. Of course, due diligence requires intellectual honesty. He was a thug. Now, I am NOT saying that being a thug means that you deserve to be murdered, but please follow me here........... Treyvon's parents can have only one of two reactions to the FACT that their son was a thug:
  1. Denial: they willfully ignored their son's behavior because they wanted to see him as he wasn't, and they cannot bring themselves to alter that perception.
  2. Acceptance: they understood exactly what their son was. This raises a couple of subsidiary possibilities:
    1. They didn't care....in which case they are themselves thugs.
    2. They did care, but they felt powerless to do anything about it.
With regard to hiring a publicist and what that means to justice, here is what these items mean:
  • (A) means that a publicist supports and promotes their denial. This is psychologically and spiritually unhealthy for them, and justice is not served.
  • (B)(1) means that their pursuit of Zimmerman borders on the criminally malicious, and they should themselves be dealt with once all of this shakes out......and justice is not served.
  • (B)(2) means that they allowed their son to slip into behaviors that eventually lead to his death....and justice is not served.
What should be the priority here? Justice and Truth, or Injustice and Lies? None of what I'm saying here automatically means that Zimmerman is innocent, but it does mean that publicists are being used to obfuscate Truth and facts in the pursuit of swaying an outcome, whether or not that outcome is just.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

VMI77
Posts in topic: 98

Post by VMI77 »

tallmike wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... rtin-case/

Bill Cosby blames it all on "the gun".
Not exactly. Cosby is basically saying the same thing that many of us have said on this board, don't do anything with a gun that you wouldn't do without the gun. He said we need to get the gun out of the hands of neighborhood watch folks because that gun gave him the courage to follow Martin.

Can we dispute that fact? Without a gun would Zimmerman have gotten out of his car to follow a 6'3" suspicious person who looked like he was on drugs? Maybe, but probably not. We shouldn't be so quick to defend the person we most associate with that we ignore the objective reality of the situation.
Yes, we can dispute that that "claim." First I dispute the claim that Zimmerman "followed" him is a fact --it may be media spin. For one thing, what does "follow" him mean? He was 10 paces behind him?....he walked across the street to see where he went?....or he pursued him for two minutes?....five minutes? All I've seen is the repeated media assertion that Zimmerman "followed" Martin, and since they have been shown over and over again to have lied about this incident, there is no reason to accept their characterization of what Zimmerman did.

Secondly, it's impossible for ANYONE, including Zimmerman himself, to know what he'd have done in this situation if he wasn't armed. I've checked out suspicious people in my neighborhood without being armed, including taking photos of their vehicles showing their license plates (all white males btw). Furthermore, you're making an assumption about being on drugs, from your perspective, about what that means to YOU. I've seen people under the influence of drugs....marijuana for instance....who were in no way threatening, though they were clearly high. I've seen people who are just plain "out of it" on drugs, and again, not scary or threatening.

This isn't a defense of Zimmerman btw, it's a defense of meaning.....what words actually mean versus the subjective emotional associations the media relies upon to advance an agenda.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

VMI77 wrote:All I've seen is the repeated media assertion that Zimmerman "followed" Martin, and since they have been shown over and over again to have lied about this incident, there is no reason to accept their characterization of what Zimmerman did.
This should be the touchstone of every discussion of this case. The media has lied so often and so blatantly, that it's impossible to know if the other "facts" they've asserted are true or just more lies.

NBC edited the Zimmerman call to the dispatcher to make him appear racist by removing the dispatcher's question: "OK, is he white, black or Hispanic?" so that his answer, "He looks black" comes out of nowhere.

ABC posted a grainy video of Zimmerman being delivered to police headquarters in handcuffs with blaring headlines proclaiming he had no injuries. They later enhanced the video and "discovered" his injuries.

CNN "discovered" a racial slur in the Zimmerman call only to later "discover" that it was "cold" not "coon" and then eventually determined it was neither, it was "punks".

All major networks have consistently posted a picture of Trayvon taken when he was 12 years old and a picture of Zimmerman when he was 7 years younger and at least 60 pounds heavier.

The lies in the reporting of this case have served to severely exacerbate tensions in the black community to the point where people are tweeting about riots if Zimmerman is not found guilty.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “Off-Topic”