I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Post by MadMonkey »

Bullitt wrote:In no case may you pass on the right if the vehicle in front of you is at or exceeding the speed limit, and that's the law.
...are you just arguing that it's illegal because you'd be exceeding the speed limit? If so, why not just say that?
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Bullitt wrote:
magicglock wrote:Uh...I believe you started this earlier with "If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit road...".
Read the whole dialog Jethro.

Everybody is going 80. You go with the flow of traffic or you wind up causing an accident. However, a few ambitious guys who want to up the tempo to 90 or 100 don't have the right to put everybody else in danger by slaloming through traffic. I wish going 65 even in the right lane were a possible solution. It's not.
Agreed. Thats the only thing I miss about California when I had the visited there. Traffic went at a uniform speed. Unfortunately often that speed was "2 mph." :banghead:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Bullitt wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Anygunanywhere

Ranger Class 4-81 here. Can't stand pseudo-Ranger tabs.
Ummm what?

:headscratch

You talking about my avatar?

If not please be more specific.

Thank you.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

brainman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by brainman »

03Lightningrocks wrote: I have been to Austin and it seemed to be rather tamed. Must be all the pot they smoke down there. :mrgreen:
Literally! I had to go into downtown Austin for a meeting recently and on the way out, the girl in the car next to me had her elbows on the wheel, one hand with a lighter and the other with a roach. She didn't seem to have a care in the world.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

SewTexas wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:I always tell people that folks driving anywhere in DFW are AGRESSIVE, but folks driving in Houston are CRAZY! My dad and brother live down there and its always a driving challenge when I go visit. I don't know what to make of San Antonio drivers, that mess is just WEIRD. Traffic jams out of nowhere and when you get up to where it starts flowing, there isn't even an accident being rubbernecked.

I've often thought that maybe a helicopter would help make sense of the weird traffic jams, cause they are just plain weird. and the road construction :banghead: I've actually started driving up to New Braunfels and San Marcos if at all possible rather than going into SA, it's just plain miserable in some areas. And yes, the drivers are odd, but you have to understand, We have Selma and Schertz, where I live, where you will get a ticket for doing anything wrong, remember back in the 80's and 90's when the big thing on those news shows was speed traps and such? yeh, Selma was featured a few times. Once you get past these two spots, well, you're in SA but there are still so many little towns within the city that still want $. Plus, we have alot of military folks who simply follow the law, good guys that they are.
I spent my teenager years in South Texas, and I distinctly remember Selma and Schertz being noted as "speed traps".

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

brainman wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: I have been to Austin and it seemed to be rather tamed. Must be all the pot they smoke down there. :mrgreen:
Literally! I had to go into downtown Austin for a meeting recently and on the way out, the girl in the car next to me had her elbows on the wheel, one hand with a lighter and the other with a roach. She didn't seem to have a care in the world.
That city is crazy! In a fun way... but crazy none the less. I have stories from being on 6th street after hours that cannot possibly be told on this forum without violating most of the rules. :evil2: The funny part is that the stories were not from my days as a youth, they are from visits on business trips over the past 8-10 years. My son graduated from UTA and I swear on all that is holy, if I had a daughter, I would be afraid to send her there! Yep... double standard but it seems anything goes at these universities. :shock:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Bullitt wrote: Everybody is going 80. You go with the flow of traffic or you wind up causing an accident.
Had a friend tell the highway patrolman who pulled him over he was moving with the flow of traffic. As the officer handed him his ticket he told him that some move with the flow, some create the flow, and it looked to him like he was a creator. "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

celicam4tt

Post by celicam4tt »

bdickens wrote:
magicglock wrote:Sounds like lack of common courtesy and control issues. Take speed limit out of the conversation and focus on courtesy. Stop trying to impose control over others. People speed, let them Chase that ticket and help them along by getting out of the way. I don't know why people are so heck bent to play hall monitor and deliberately impeed traffic to stop speeders. If you have cars behind you that want to get by...MOVE! Otherwise you are instigating road rage and have little regard for others. Frankley if you are one of those that won't let someone over or won't get out of the way you may have issues far greater than your driving. Let's all try to promote a polite society, this world needs some new examples to follow.
:iagree:
Agreed. And what if someone Is trying to get to the hospital, or worse they get a call from the wife as someone is breaking into their house? Also driving under the speed limit is just as dangerous. especially on 45
mailed 6/10 -7/7 return
NRA life member
Honor the dead, defend the living

bdickens
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bdickens »

Bullitt wrote:
bdickens wrote:
Bullitt wrote: Thanks, I know how to drive.

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 80, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 100 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.
It doesn't matter. You are impeding the flow of traffic. It is not your place to decide how fast anyone else gets to drive.

You do that stunt in Germany - where people actually do know how to drive as opposed to merely moving a car from one place to another - and you are the one getting the ticket no matter what the speed limit is and how fast they are driving.
Actually, you are wrong. Very wrong. When the car in front of me is also going 80, I can't speed up, nor change lanes if the adjacent car is going 80. If an irresponsible driver chooses to slalom his way through traffic as openings open and close, then he is the one getting the ticket for reckless driving, not me. That's the law in every state. And don't lecture me about Germany, I was stationed there for three years and know all about driving on the autobahn.

Don't you lecture me about Germany. I actually did drive on the Autobahn as a heavy wrecker driver in 37th TRANSCOM.
Byron Dickens

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

Get a room!

7075-T7

Post by 7075-T7 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I love light hearted threads like this! :mrgreen:
:lol::

Somewhat Ironic that we have a thread about people arguing on the roads trying to tell other poeple they don't know how to drive, by people arguing on the internet telling other people they don't know how to drive.

All I do is just try to survive the drive home with my car in the same shape that it was when I left. I listen to Classical FM 101.1, and it helps a lot. Everyone stay safe out there! :cheers2:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

7075-T7 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I love light hearted threads like this! :mrgreen:
:lol::

Somewhat Ironic that we have a thread about people arguing on the roads trying to tell other poeple they don't know how to drive, by people arguing on the internet telling other people they don't know how to drive.

All I do is just try to survive the drive home with my car in the same shape that it was when I left. I listen to Classical FM 101.1, and it helps a lot. Everyone stay safe out there! :cheers2:
Yeah.... it is an internet raging thread about road raging. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”