Everyone Welcome My New Son!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Everyone Welcome My New Son!

Post by Pawpaw »

strider67 wrote:Congrats on the blessing bestowed upon y'all!!!
Kythas wrote:...held him while sitting in the recliner for a little over three hours. He slept the entire time, and I fell asleep somewhere along the way, too.
You have discovered the best way to nap known to man...I miss the days of full extension and laying my daughter on my chest. Enjoy!
:iagree:

When my daughter was tiny, she had lots of trouble with colic. I used to take her into the living room where I would stretch out in my recliner and lay her on top of me. Her tummy was against my belly and her head laid on my chest. Between her warm tummy, inclined position, and the sound of my heartbeat, she went right to sleep. Often, we both slept the whole night that way.

I miss those days & nights.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Everyone Welcome My New Son!

Post by Jaguar »

My mother used to tell the story when I was just a baby, she was so happy I slept all night. She was bragging to her mother when she went for an extended visit since my Dad was in Viet Nam, after a few nights she again said, isn't it great, he sleeps all night?

My grandmother replied, "you might, but he sure doesn't."

Isn't it great being the third child? :roll:

Allow me to add my congratulation!
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Return to “Off-Topic”