Taser used on 72 yr. old Granny...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dklag37
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Taser used on 72 yr. old Granny...

Post by dklag37 »

She deserved to get tazed. I remember her interview before the dash cam was made public. She made it seem like she did nothing wrong and non combative. Then when the dash cam was made public, she couldn't be reached for comment. The only reason this story has received the attention is has is because of her age. Nothing more.
Dallas County

5/10/09 - CHL Class
5/12/09 - Applied Online
5/26/09 - Mailed Packet
6/26/09 - Processing Application
9/03/09 - Application Completed
9/11/09 - License Received

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Keith B wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote:http://www.statesman.com/news/content/n ... XU%60UZTYU]UWUcUWUZUaUaUcTYWYWZV&urcm=y

For her questionable behavior, granny has received a $40,000 settlement from Travis County.

SIA
They should have fought this one. She was totally wrong in fighting the officer. Like it or not, you get pulled over, you sign the ticket and fight it in court like you are supposed to. You don't pull the kind of stuff she did and then claim your civil rights were violated, then get handed $40K to shut up. :banghead:
I'm sure this was a case of the county figuring out how much they would have to spend handling the suit and the risk of losing. I bet her lawyer gets over half.

mr.72

Post by mr.72 »

Sorry folks, I disagree with so many of you on this.

The taser is an alternative to deadly force, and the officer was a LONG way from being justified in using deadly force for this arrest.

Also, the LEO pushed her FIRST, clearly on the video.

AND the woman said, before he hit her with the taser, "I'll sign the ticket", but instead of letting her sign it and everyone going on their way, deputy dog was determined to tase her.

Man, the county is lucky that the woman took that ridiculously low counter offer. They should have sued the county for $2.5M to begin with, and gone to trial. The jury would have handed this granny whatever she asked for, up to and including the constable's badge on a platter.
non-conformist CHL holder

Return to “Off-Topic”