17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 39

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by RottenApple »

Jaguar wrote:Sanford, FL is going to ban Neighborhood Watch members from carrying guns while on volunteer duty.

Sorry, you wouldn't catch me volunteering to watch for trouble while unarmed.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/up ... 91532-9217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wouldn't have made a difference in the Zimmerman case. Zimmerman wasn't on duty.

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Jaguar »

RottenApple wrote:
Jaguar wrote:Sanford, FL is going to ban Neighborhood Watch members from carrying guns while on volunteer duty.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/up ... 91532-9217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wouldn't have made a difference in the Zimmerman case. Zimmerman wasn't on duty.
Yep, and there lies the irony of all this. A solution that doesn't fit any problems.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10 ... ound-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrs. Martin spoke to congress about how stand your ground laws should be changed, due to the killing of her son.

Of course if you remember stand your ground was not a defense used by George Zimmerman in his trial.

Ted Cruz spoke very eloquently considering the sensitivity of the mother being there. :txflag:

hillfighter
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by hillfighter »

Frankie wrote:[ Image ]
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Jaguar wrote:
RottenApple wrote:

Yep, and there lies the irony of all this. A solution that doesn't fit any problems.

I am not sure how they run their program, but a neighborhood watch person is never "on duty." They are trained to be good witnesses and notify the police if they see something suspicious.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 39

Post by RottenApple »

texanjoker wrote:
Jaguar wrote:
RottenApple wrote:

I am not sure how they run their program, but a neighborhood watch person is never "on duty." They are trained to be good witnesses and notify the police if they see something suspicious.
It depends on the local NW organization. I've lived in areas where the NW volunteers were, as you say, just trained to be good witnesses. But I've also lived in places where the volunteers had regular patrol schedules. Just depends on how the local NW wants to run it.

ELB
Posts in topic: 17

Post by ELB »

Sanford police chief is walking this back now...that is, he is "clarifying" his position. :roll:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/11/sa ... more-70050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

bdickens wrote:George just needs to change his name to Ben Gahzi and the media and the regime will never mention him again.
This is pure gold! Imma gonna steal it.... :evil2:
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

RottenApple wrote:....

It depends on the local NW organization. I've lived in areas where the NW volunteers were, as you say, just trained to be good witnesses. But I've also lived in places where the volunteers had regular patrol schedules. Just depends on how the local NW wants to run it.
This was one of the first things to blow up in the prosecution's face when they were persecuting Zimmerman with the "wannabe cop" theory. He was part of the Neighborhood Watch, which was basically see and report. The Sanford PD also had a "Citizens on Patrol" (COPs) ( :roll: ) which provided uniforms and cars and radios and scheduled patrols, similar to a real cop (but no guns allowed).

The gal who ran the NW program, who was put on the stand by the prosecution, testified that Zimmerman was such a good Neighborhood Watch guy that she tried to recruit him for the COPS program -- but GZ declined, which pretty much undercut the "wannabe cop" theme.
USAF 1982-2005

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/f ... an-arrest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The thread that just keeps on giving.

Zimmerman arrested for pointing a shotgun at his girl friend. Apparently barricaded himself in his house with furniture to block the door. Arrested without further incident.

I believe this is a felony.

Well I guess he was really a bad guy afterall. If convicted I assume he will loose his CHL.

The only question will be, can we get to 300 posts before then.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 92

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/f ... an-arrest/

Zimmerman arrested for pointing a shotgun at his girl friend. Apparently barricaded himself in his house with furniture to block the door. Arrested without further incident.

Well I guess he was really a bad guy afterall. If convicted I assume he will loose his CHL.

No Problem!
NRA Endowment Member

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

philip964 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/f ... an-arrest/

I don't buy that. I think the stress he's suffered the last year has changed him -- as it might anyone. And it's not like all the stress went away with the end of the trial, either.

I think he is now a very sad figure. He's self destructing.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

Yeah it was the stress, poor guy why don't people just leave him alone. It's his girlfriends fault anyway didn't she know better. Guess it must be hard to be under a spotlight like that ask all those other people who attack and point a shotgun tat thier pregnant girlfriend.
Last edited by The Mad Moderate on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Beiruty »

So far, it is she said, he said, I say it is sad story.
He was arrest unarmed, if there was no shotgun or shotgun was locked up somewhere, how the prosecutor can prove the felony assault by a gun?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Fangs
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Fangs »

Seems there's some dispute over whether or not the girlfriend is actually pregnant. I could see a breakup leading to a false pregnancy claim, leading to an admission of said false claim, leading to "my girlfriend is crazy". Not saying it's right or that he gets a free pass if he was indeed pointing around a shotgun, but it's still too early to tell.
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Return to “Off-Topic”